Perfectly Dysfunctional

001

March 1st 2012.

It was just a usual summer morning waking up to my best friend Jess screaming about something, I groaned and rolled over and my hearing cleared up and I could exactly hear what she was screaming “We will be seeing Stephen Gomez in the flesh today again, oh my god this is actually happening” she screamed loudly,
I groaned and looked at the clock it was only 7 am and she was up screaming
“Jess be quiet seriously” I said trying to calm her down.
But of course she didn’t listen and ran around the room screaming and started getting changed throwing clothes from her bag all around my room, I yawned and took the covers off my body and climbed out of bed and made my way to the drawers and started to get dressed,
“I can’t believe this day is finally here” yelled Jess,
I groaned again at the sound of her voice being louder than before, “Yeah me either” I said trying to sound excited. I was but I was just extremely tired, because we had both stayed up late last night talking about how everything was going to be today, and what was going to happen. Jess was trying to convince me that Stephen Gomez was going to fall in love with her, and they were going to get married.
“How does this look?” asked Jess turning around in her shorts and A Day To Remember top,
I gave her a thumbs up and watched as she walked out into my bedroom and into the lounge room and greeted my sister Rachel who was also up early for Soundwave, but she was also up early to buy One Direction tickets, since well she was a huge fan of them.
“Do I look slutty enough?” I heard Jess ask Rachel as I joined them in the living area.
Rachel and I both laughed and Rachel took her spot by the computer as Jess and I got ready and ate breakfast and slowly made our way to the bus stop and made our way to Melbourne.

---

Soundwave had been great so far and I was standing around waiting for Jess to finish one of her many pee breaks before we would go to meet The Summer Set at their signing and Rachel was walking over to get some water. I sighed and looked down at my phone and stared at the time, it wasn’t going any faster.
“HURRY UP” I screamed and banged on the port-a-loo Jess was inside “We will be the last ones there”.
I walked away from the port-a-loo and stared down at my phone and complained about the heat on twitter, when I felt someone touch my shoulder, I turned around to see a boy in a blue polo shirt, and sunglasses that were probably hangover sunnies. “Excuse me?” he said with a southern American accent, and pulled off his sunglasses, I looked into his eyes and knew straight away that it was John Gomez.

“Yea-uh yeah?” I asked trying not to stutter my words and make a fool out of myself.
“I’m lost… can you point me towards the signing area?” asked John,
I nodded and pointed towards the building in which the signings were placed John nodded and smiled and walked away slowly, and I watched as he walked away.
“Was that who I thought it was?” asked Jess as she walked behind me,
I nodded my head “Yeah it was” I said,
Jess smirked as Rachel walked over “Did you ask for his phone number?” asked Jess,
“Whose phone number?” asked Rachel confused,
“John Gomez” answered Jess.
I rolled my eyes “He asked for directions, that’s it come on let’s go to the signing” I said changing the subject quickly, walking away hoping that the two idiots were following behind me.

That moment I didn’t realize would be the most important moment of my life, the moment that John would always bring up when we went over to Jess and Stephen’s for dinner and talked about the day John first met me, and the fact he remembered exactly what I was wearing, and what he was wearing. I would always remember this day as well. It was something I would tell my children if I had any children, and John would tell it to.

--

We were standing in the signing line and looked at the crowd and eventually it was our turn, and Jess and Stephen talked while I talked to John and Rachel just talked to Brian awkwardly waiting for us to move along which wasn’t going to happen.
John looked at me and smiled “What’s your name?” he asked,
“Katy” I said,
John smiled “Hey Katy I’m John” he said introducing himself and gave me a hand shake, and when I pulled away I felt a piece of paper in my hand, and John just smiled awkwardly at me and I walked away and opened the piece of paper, it had a number on it.

Jess walked over to me with Rachel after they had both finished with the signing “What’s that?” asked Rachel snatching the piece of paper from my hand “Call me” read Rachel.
I snatched it back “It’s private” I said and stuffed the piece of paper back in my pocket,
“Come on we better go get ready for their set, otherwise we will be stuck at the back” I muttered, and dragged the two girls away from the signing tent, and turned bright red as Jess yelled
“BYE STEPHEN SEE YOU AT OUR WEDDING”

It was funny how that one day had changed everything and set everything into another direction.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story.
I like writing about The Summer Set mostly, but this is already like pre written and probably will have updates soon.