Status: **Winner of the "How To Survive With The Dixon Brothers" Contest** "Reading your story makes my day" "It's 4AM and I'm still up reading this story" "I've never watched WD but you've got me hooked" "This just gets better and better" "You're great. I bet you wake up in the morning and piss excellence"

Mercy on Me

Heart Attack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mikey Whiskey Hands; Exactly! Merle's the guy we love to hate, he isn't the good guy. I'm glad you think that it was worth waiting for, too! And I tried, was a week too long? But seriously my story? Addicting? Eeep!

HotRanger69; "Brilliantly long chapters"<-- Thanks so much! Glad you're enjoying the way I write Merle. He's not a saint, he has to do something screwed up once and a while.. But dang Episode 10, my goodness...When it comes to the show, I'm a hardcore Carol/Daryl fan (even though I don't think they'll happen), but I was actually rooting for Carol/Axel! Maybe the Governor is a Caryl fan too...?(:

RoadieEm; Agreed, there should be hell to pay! But don't worry, Merle gets what's coming to him this chapter!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why are we stopping?" I groaned, throwing my hands up into the air.

"Dunno, but it's pissing me off," Daryl growled as he slammed his foot down hard on the brakes.

I groaned even louder when I saw a plume of smoke erupt from the RV up ahead; that must be the reason to our stopping. In the corner of my eye, I saw Daryl turn to face me with an eyebrow raised.

"Keep groaning like that and you won't be getting' outta this car for a while,".

"That a promise?" I asked, shaking my head playfully.

Before Daryl could reach out to grab me, I jumped out of the car and made my way towards the RV.

"How's the car ride, princess?" a voice asked from behind me. All of the cars drove ahead of us except for one bike, so I knew who it was.

"Go away, Merle. I'm not in the mood," I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"Oh, c'mon girly, I ain't gonna rape ya!" he rasped, catching up to me.

I ignored that little jab and kept walking even though I could hear Daryl's pounding footsteps coming up behind us, clearly wanting to keep distance between his brother and me.

"Let's just go see what's wrong, okay?" I pointed at the RV to try to change the subject. I had to stop when Merle spun me around to face him.

"We gotta talk 'bout this, sweetheart; ya know I didn't mean it," Merle pleaded with me, making me roll my eyes even more.

"I said I forgave you, Merle. There's nothing to talk about,". I tried pulling my arm out of Merle's grasp, but his grip on me only tightened. "Let go of me, Merle," I demanded, pulling my arm once again.

"Harper, you know I didn't mean it. Let me make it up to ya!".

"You can make it up to 'er but lettin' the fuck go," Daryl ordered him from my side, shoving Merle away from me. "C'mon, let's go," Daryl said, slipping my hand into his. I raised my eyebrows at him but quickly realized that it was only in order to get me away from Merle.

"Thank you, Daryl," I muttered from his side before leaning into his body.

He only grunted in response and let go of my hand once we reached the RV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"As long as we have the right tools, I'm pretty sure that we can fix this..." Dale spoke up from where he was standing by the RV.

"You sure about that, old man? Because we don't got time to wait around and fix it," Shane asked stubbornly.

"Shane.." I sighed, shaking my head.

"What, Harper?" he chirped, really not understanding why I was aggravated.

"Let Dale fix it. Stop giving him such a hard time," I muttered, continuing to shake my head.

"I'm only looking out for the group, Harper. I'm doing what's right," he argued, surprised at my resistance towards his ideas.

"We're giving him time to fix the RV and that's final, Shane," Rick ordered from behind my brother. I watched anger flicker through Shane's eyes, but he simply let out a loud sigh before walking away.

"Someone gets hurt, s'on you," he spat at Rick, who looked just as surprised at Shane's reaction as I was. I watched Glenn make his way over to help Dale which made me smile.

"Think the three of you can go out hunting today, Daryl?" T-Dog asked, making me cringe.

Recently, the only two people Daryl has been listening to are Rick and me.

"Fuck, man, give us a break! We ain't your slaves, we can't go out every day," Daryl growled before stomping off.

"Short temper.." I heard T-Dog mutter from his spot.

"That's why you can't light that short temper's fuse," I said, smiling a little.

I took it as a joke, but T-Dog didn't; he rolled his eyes and stalked off to help Dale as well. I frowned and crossed my arms.

"Why do all of the guys in this camp act like babies?" I muttered as I kicked some dirt around, making Rick chuckle a little.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran my fingers along the side of an abandoned white car that had smashed windows. My assignment for the day was to check nearby cars and see if they held anything of value.

So far I had only found a couple cans of Spaghetti-O's and a brand new can of hairspray, which I gladly kept for myself.

My nose wrinkled up at the sight of a dead body in the car directly in front of me. I took hold of my knife as I checked through that car just in case the body was actually a walker.

"Nothing," I whispered at the already picked-through car.

As I pulled my head out of the car window, I bumped my head.

"Shit!" I growled, rubbing the already-large cut on the back of my head.

At that moment I remembered the gauze that Daryl had wrapped my cut in; he'd have to help me fix it later. When I reached the next car, a finger tapped my shoulder, making me jump.

"Calm down, princess! It's only good 'ole Merle!" he chuckled, making me even more annoyed than I already was.

"Now's not the time, Merle. I'm busy," I said, spinning back around to continue checking out cars.

"Doing what? Looking around empty cars? Ya know damn well that these cars have been looted already, honey," he replied, rolling his eyes at me.

"I've found stuff, Merle. Never know,".

"Looks to me like we're both alone and even though you won't admit it, you ain't really doing shit. We're talking," he demanded, grabbing hold of my arm.

"Merle.." I warned him, but he cut me off.

"I ain't gonna hurt'cha, just cooperate," he rolled his once again as he dragged me farther away from the campsite.

"Why are we going so far away? Merle, stop, this is far enough!" I yelped as Merle halted.

"Fine, fine; just didn't want ma little brother popping his girly head where it don't belong, s'all,".

I crossed my arms in silence and waited for him to speak but he didn't; he simply stared at me with a stupid smile on his face.

"If you're gonna talk, talk. Got two minutes," I told him, making his smile grow even wider.

"I like a girl who takes charge; turns me on," he winked.

I scoffed at him before I began to walk away.

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down girly! 'M just jokin' around!".

"And that's the problem. You're joking around about raping me, Merle. Not funny,". I was surprised to see actually embarrassment in his eyes as he spoke.

"Listen, Harper. I may say and do a lotta things.. But hurting a woman 'gainst her will is somethin' I would never do, hear me?". I watched him for a while trying to tell if he was being serious or not.

"Then stop getting drunk. I don't like you when you're like that," I whispered so quietly that he had to lean in close to hear me.

"Shoulda just chose me over ma brother; wouldn't be having this problem right now," Merle sighed dramatically as he laid his head down onto my shoulder. I laughed and shoved him away from me.

"You're forgiven; for now. So get your redneck ass away from me and do something productive,".

I fought against him as he snaked his hands around my waist playfully.

"Can think of some productive things that I could do right here..".

I finally got out of his grasp as he winked at me so I swatted at him.

"I'm not like that, Merle," I smiled cheekily at him as I turned to walk away.

"Tha's right, forgot! You're shacking up with my baby brotha, anyway," he chuckled, but I could tell that there was some annoyance in his voice.

"Damn right I am!" I called out as I flipped him the finger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I was making my way back towards our makeshift campsite, I thought I saw something moving off in the distance. I ignored it, though, because if it was something, whoever was on watch would have seen it by now.

I looked behind me to see Merle slowly making his way back with me, but keeping his distance while doing it. I was glad for that, though; I can only handle so much of Merle each day.

When I had almost made it to the RV, I noticed Dale standing atop of it waving his arms haphazardly. I shielded my eyes from the sun with my left hand to look at him, knowing that something was wrong. I noticed that everyone was rushing around but wasn't making any noise.

"The hell?" I asked out loud but screamed when a hand cupped my mouth at an attempt to silence me.

I fought against the body that was dragging me towards the nearest car, but calmed down once I was spun around to see that it was Daryl.

"What the fuck!" I yelled at him, making him clamp his hand back over my mouth.

"Shut your fuckin' mouth, Harper!" he whispered harshly.

He spun me to the side so I could see that the movement I had spotted was indeed a throng of at least fifteen walkers.

"Shit," I muttered about his hand.

I looked around in a panic to see everyone either jumping into cars or crawling under them to hide from the walkers; we were clearly outnumbered and using guns would only attract more. I glanced over at Daryl with wide eyes as he quickly scanned the area.

"C'mon," he whispered quietly before practically dragging me towards a dark red minivan.

As quietly as he could, he pulled the door open and thrust me in before joining me in the backseat of the van.

"What—," I tried, but Daryl interrupted me with the sound of the back door sliding shut.

I watched him as he went around and locked every door before he finally turned to face me.

"Safer than being under one," he shrugged as he sat up to peak out of the window.

"Merle's out there, Daryl!" I gasped, completely forgetting about him until now.

Daryl didn't even glance at me as he spoke: "He's a big boy, Harper. Merle can take care of 'imself,".

I nodded and sat up beside Daryl to look out the window. The herd was much closer than they had been thirty seconds ago and a few colorful words were escaping Daryl's lips.

"'Git down," he said in a rush as he pushed me down into the crease between the rows of seats.

A gasp of air left my body as Daryl pressed his body down on top of mine after checking outside of the window one more time.

"They close?" I struggled to ask him even though I knew the answer.

"Damn close. Sorry 'bout hurtin' ya," he apologized.

"You didn't hurt me; I just wasn't expecting you to fall on top of me, is all," I sighed but stopped talking when he threw a random blanket he had found over us to hide the tops of our bodies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This feels familiar," I whispered against his cheek as we waited for the herd to pass.

"What'cha mean, Barbie?" he asked me quickly, trying to stay calm for my sake.

"This happened last time you saw a walker, remember? The Quarry?" I giggled lightly at the thought.

He grunted in response and we sat in silence, his breathing hot against my ear in anticipation of the walker herd, I wriggled farther down Daryl's body. He moaned at the heavy friction, making me tilt my head back into the blanket that covered us in laughter.

"Shut your mouth," he growled.

"It reeks," I gagged later, breathing in the dirty blanket.

"Sayin' I smell like shit?" I heard Daryl asked, clearly taking my statement the wrong way.

I pressed my nose against the bare skin of his chest that peeked through the top of his button-down shirt.

"Not you, idiot; the blanket,".

I could his voice begin to rumble in his chest, but he stopped when we heard the loud moaning coming from outside of the car.

"Sshhh, it's okay," he soothed me, keeping me calm.

I squeezed my eyes shut and pressed my face farther into his chest, as if his strong body was a shield. A few seconds later, a walker bumped into the van, making me whimper lightly.

"Daryl..." I said his name in a breathy whisper but he shushed me soon after.

"Quiet, girl; I think they're almost gone,".

We laid there for a few minutes more until the moaning grew farther away. Even after the moaning stopped, we didn't budge. I couldn't move if I wanted to; he was too heavy.

"I know I'm comfortable, but you're going to need to get up sometime.." I sighed against his chest, making him hop up a little.

The warmth of his body left me and I automatically regretted saying something. Daryl lifted the blanket off of us and pushed himself off of me with a little help from me. His head popped up and checked outside.

The top of his shirt was open and his hair was disheveled from the blanket and my face, so if it was under any other circumstances, our situation would look very inappropriate.

"All clear," Daryl grunted before turning to face me. "Told ya I'd protect ya, Barbie,".

"Shut up, Ken,".

"I saw you two before," Daryl grunted, breaking the awkward silence that had fallen over us.

"Saw me and who?" I asked him, confused.

"You and ma brother, with his hands on ya.. What happened?" I could hear the anger in his voice, which worried me.

"He was only joking around. Merle just wanted to apologize, Daryl," I explained to him. He sat in silence for a while, thinking it over.

"So he apologized by laying his damn hands on ya? Sounds like a shitty 'pology to me.. Why'd he even touch ya?".

Daryl's face was practically red by this point with anger so I placed my hands on his shoulders to calm him.

"He was just being his cocky, perverted self. No attempted rape this time,".

I closed my eyes and smiled at the touch of his fingers on my arms.

"Still don't like him touchin' ya..." he pouted.

I watched him look into my eyes as he squinted at me.

"Jealousy's a bitch, you know," I winked at him only to have him wink back.

You could tell he hadn't really winked a lot before the world went to Hell, since it only looked like an eye twitch.

"I ain't jealous, girl. You know that,".

I rolled my eyes and pulled him back against me by the collar and planted my lips on his.

"Prove it," I whispered against his mouth, running my tongue over his bottom lip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We should get back.." Daryl said reluctantly pulling his lips away from mine.

My head fell back against the floor of the car as his hands cupped my jaw, his thumbs massaging my cheeks lightly.

"Everyone's still in hiding; nobody will even notice we're gone," I sighed, biting my lip.

I looked into his eyes and could see his resistance.

"You know I want to, Harper..." Daryl said as politely as he could. I chuckled at his failed attempt to push the lust out of his voice.

"Nobody will notice," I repeated myself, playing with the buttons on his shirt.

I smiled to myself as his head fell forward in defeat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minutes later, his hands were tangled in my long hair and my chest was arched against his. I was wrapping my jean-covered legs around his hips when I heard an ear-piercing wail coming from somewhere outside. Daryl's eyes popped open, his lips still resting against the crook of my neck.

"Was that—?" I asked out loud, but Daryl finished my question for me.

"Merle,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gasped loudly as Daryl yanked my body from the car, looking around frantically. We both looked down the street, where one of the horde's stragglers had clearly stayed behind.

The lone walker was leaning over something, but it wasn't just any 'something'; directly under the walker was Merle, screaming in pain.

"Merle!" I screamed, charging towards him with Daryl leading the way.

Merle didn't answer us; he was too busy screaming and trying to fight against the walker that was currently biting into Merle's right wrist. When we finally reached him Daryl reached behind him to grab on to his crossbow but it wasn't there.

"The fuck?" he shouted in panic. That was when it hit both of us, though; it was still discarded in the back of the old minivan.

"Help me!" Merle screamed as much as he could, but he was fading.

Daryl ran up to the walker and kicked it in the ribs, his foot going right through. The walker fell to the side and Daryl had no choice but to fall with it. I watched Daryl struggle to pull his foot out of the Daryl's rotten ribcage before it could wrap about and take hold of him.

Beside the two, Merle was on the ground crying, his wrist bit wide open. I stood there in shock, frozen to my spot. I was paralyzed, watching the two men I cared most about get attacked.

"Harper!" Daryl shouted, snapping me out of my paralysis.

My knife was in the car as well, but I had remembered to take my gun with me. Whipping my gun out of my waistband, I clicked the safety off and took aim. I let out a deep breath and concentrated; I didn't want to hit Daryl.

"Now would be a good fuckin' time, Walsh!" Daryl yelled as he used his other leg to kick at the walker's hungry hands.

When Daryl kicked the walker in the chin, its head flew back and I pulled the trigger, falling back a few steps because of the kickback. The hit was a bit sloppy, but it did the job. The walker's top half fell the ground as blood shot out of its head.

I watched Daryl take a moment to breathe before finally being able to yank his leg out of the walker, pulling black ooze out with it. Then he turned and stared at me, giving me a silent thank you.

The only thing that snapped us out of our trance was Merle moaning on the ground in pain. I flew to the dirty ground and picked up Merle's hand, examining the wound. Blood was pouring from his wrist, his veins clearly bitten and ripped open.

"Oh my God..." I cried, dropping his hand. Merle cried out at the sudden pain, which I felt terrible about but I didn't have the voice to apologize.

I looked up at Daryl in a panic who was staring at his brother.

"Do something!" I screeched but Daryl didn't move. "Daryl!" I leaned over Merle's body and shoved him.

We couldn't lose Merle, we couldn't.

He wasn't just Daryl's family, he was mine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What happened?" Shane asked in a rush behind me.

I turned around to face Shane, Rick, and Glenn. When they saw the injury they all looked away.

"Bitten by one of the walkers from the group that passed," I said, beginning to cry.

Rick and Shane looked at each other and nodded, a clear understanding between the two. At the sight of Rick pulling out his gun, I freaked.

"What are you doing?!" I asked him, jumping up to meet him eye-to-eye.

"What has to be done, Harper; I'm sorry, but he was bit," Rick explained with sad eyes.

"No.. No, you can't! There has to be something, please!" I sobbed, shaking Rick's shoulders.

"I'm sorry, Harper. We can't risk it," Shane stepped in as he took hold of my shoulders to hold me back.

"Daryl, don't let them! They can't kill him! He's your brother—our brother!" I screeched, fighting against Shane's grip.

The three of us watched Merle beckon to Daryl, who leaned his ear over Merle's mouth.

"No, I can't. That won't work, Merle," Daryl stuttered, shaking his head.

"What? What won't work?" I asked the question that we had all been wondering.

"— it," Merle tried to say, but nothing really came out.

I looked at Shane in confusion just to check if he had heard Merle, but he shook his head no.

"Daryl?" I asked him sadly as I looked back at Merle.

Daryl sighed loudly before looking up at us.

"He wants us ta cut it off,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Cut what off?" I asked stupidly, wiping tears away from my eyes.

"His wrist," Rick explained, whipping his knife out.

"What?! You need something sharper than that; that'll take forever!" I gasped when Shane finally let me go.

"It can't work, Rick," Daryl spat, looking at the ground.

"It's worth a try. I hadn't thought of it before, but it could work," Rick argued as he bent down over Merle.

"Shane, keep everyone away and scout out the area. He was screaming pretty loud," Rick told him, so Shane nodded.

"Remember, Rick: whatever happens, this is on you," he reminded his dangerously and walked off, not before kissing me on the forehead lightly.

I leaned down next to Daryl and wrapped Merle's face up in my hands.

"You're going to be okay, Merle. We're not going to let you die,". Merle looked up at me before rolling his eyes as playfully as he could.

"Jus' cut the fucker off already,".

Before Daryl could pull me away, I leaned down and placed a kiss on his cheek, a satisfied hum leaving his mouth. I smiled sadly against his cheek, but a pissed off Daryl yanked me back to his side.

"You're gonna be okay, Merle," Daryl reassured him.

"Just cut the DAMN THING OFF!" Merle screeched through gritted teeth.

At that, Rick picked up his somewhat sharp knife and raised it up high. I gripped onto the back of Daryl's shirt and pressed my face into it, not wanting to watch.

"Wait," Daryl stopped Rick with his gruff voice.

Daryl turned to face me and inspected my clothing before taking hold of my right sleeve and ripping it off. My mouth dropped in surprise but didn't complain when Daryl used it as a makeshift gag so Merle had something to bite down onto and scream into.

When the gag was situated, Rick raised the knife up again. I placed my hand into Merle's healthy hand, which he squeezed gratefully.

I couldn't look, but I knew Rick had begun to hack away at his skin when Merle's grip on my hand became almost painful. My heart broke when I heard Merle's painful sobs against the ripped fabric of my shirt, but I couldn't say anything.

When I picked my head up to look, Daryl quickly pulled my head into my chest so I couldn't see the gruesome sight in front of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sat by the fire as Daryl paced anxiously back and forth in front of the RV, waiting for the 'okay' to see his brother.

"Daryl," I called out to him, making him stop and look. "Come sit down, you need to relax for a while," I patted the log next to me, but he only glared at me and continued to pace.

I blew out some air that rustled the hair in front of my eyes but looked up when the RV door opened. Carol walked out with blood covering her hands. I watched his talk to Daryl quietly before nodding and walking over to our cleanup area. Daryl began to head up into the RV but stopped when he reached the top step.

"Harper," I heard him call out.

"Daryl?".

"Come on," he beckoned to me, his hand shaking.

I made my way over to him and took his shaking hand.

"He'll be okay, Daryl; the worst part's over," I reassured him, listening to his uneven breathing.

He eventually nodded and led the way into the RV to see his living, breathing brother.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Looky here..." Merle coughed lightly from the bed in the back of the RV.

Daryl almost rushed over but took his time when he realized that he was dragging me through the RV. Once we reached him, we sat down on both sides of him.

"I'm so glad you're okay," I whimpered, leaning over to hug him.

I almost jumped when I felt a hand and a stub wrap around my back.

"Jus' my pirate arm.. Arghh," Merle tried to joke around, but his laughing faltered.

"Hey. You'll get through this. I know it," I told him strongly, making him nod. Merle watched me for a moment, studying my face.

"I really am sorry 'bout when I was drunk. If I was sober, I never woulda—,".

"I know. Just rest," I smiled at him before turning to face Daryl.

He was watching my exchange with his brother extremely carefully, as if he was inspecting every part of it. I squeezed Daryl's knee quickly before pecking him the cheek.

His face grew red, knowing his brother wouldn't let him hear the end of it, so I stood up and rushed out of the RV.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I exited the RV, I spotted Rick leaning against Shane's car in deep thought.

"You did what you had to do. Don't second guess yourself," I said, Rick jumping at my voice. Once he saw that it was just me, he relaxed.

"I hope so.. I just don't want this decision to turn around and bite us all in the ass," Rick muttered, shaking his handsome face back and forth.

"Any decision that any of us make could bite us in the ass, Rick. It's the type of world we live in, now,". I hopped up into Shane's car hood before turning to look at my friend.

"Unfortunately,".

"Unfortunately," I repeated him, laying my tired head on his shoulder.

"I just don't want Carl growing up in this world.. A world where he has to see his father cut a damn man's hand off, not to mention kill zombies.. How did happen, Harper?" he spoke his thoughts out loud, which I didn't mind.

"Dunno, Rick. Nobody does; we'll get through it, though. We're strong,".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Need to talk to ya," Daryl ordered immediately as he popped his car door open later that night.

"Get talking then, Dixon," I replied yawning. "Before I fall asleep on your ass,".

"Doesn't sound like a problem," he replied, smirking, so I rolled my eyes. As he seated himself next to me, he eyes grew serious.

"Just wanted ta tell you that I appreciated you staying with me when Merle.." Daryl started but couldn't finish.

"Don't worry about it. I couldn't just let him die," I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Tha's the thing, though. I was prepared to let him die," he growled, shaking his head. My head turned to face him sharply.

"Don't say that; it's not true and you know it,".

We sat in silence for a while so I began to doze off, but Daryl's next question completely threw me off.

"Do you love him?".

"Say what, Dixon?" I replied, mouth wide open.

"Never seen ya that upset over something; must really care about him," Daryl squinted at me, his voice completely serious.

I let out a laugh, which only infuriated him more.

"Dammit, girl, stop playing games wit me! You love him, be with him," he growled at me turning to face the window of his truck.

"Daryl.. If I loved Merle, wouldn't I be with him right now? I love him like a brother, yes, but I'm with you. Right here, right now. Stop being a jealous little boy and man the fuck up," the words just flew out of my mouth, but once I said them, I didn't regret it.

We stared at each other for a while before he finally spoke again.

"Prove it; that you care," he muttered, repeating my challenge to him from earlier on.

I closed my eyes and smiled. How did this man get under my skin so quickly? I leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the corner of his mouth.

"Gladly, Dixon," I whispered before letting him capture my lips fully against his.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groaned in pain when Daryl's hand pressed against the bandage in my hair. He pulled away from my body immediately, noticing my pain.

"What's wrong? Didn't hurt ya, did I?" he asked me, worried. I reached a hand up to rub my head.

"Just hurts.. Can you change the bandage for me?".

Daryl nodded silently before turning me around to unwrap the bandage. When he pulled it away from my head, I heard him hiss.

"What is it?" I asked him, turning back around to face it.

"Don't look like it's healing.. Might need stitches; forget that, you do need stitches," he explained before unlocking the door.

"Where are you going?" I whined, not wanting him to go get supplies.

I am terrible with any type of needle.

"Getting shit to patch that up,".

As he slammed the door shut, I would have flung my body against the seat, but that would just hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just lie down and relax, Harper," Daryl sighed in frustration.

I was trying to delay the stitches for as long as possible. The clock on the dashboard read: 11:05 and I just wanted to go to sleep.

"Fine," I sulked, lying down on my stomach against the truck seat.

I spun my head around, however, when Daryl straddled my hips.

"Can I help you?" I chirped politely, batting my eyelashes.

"Maybe later. You're gonna struggle, and I don' want ya jumping up in pain," Daryl's face wrinkling up in annoyance.

Seeing this, I laid my head down like a good patient and let him get to work. Once the needle pierced my skin, I hissed in pain and as Daryl predicted, my back arched.

As he pulled the needle through he spoke.

"If I wasn't puttin' stitches in ya, this would be fucking hot," he muttered, giving me goose bumps.

"Sure, let's be blunt," I chuckled, which he yelled at me for.

When I felt him bite off the end of the thread, I let out a sigh of happiness.

"Thank goodness," I cheered, making the sign of the cross.

"Since when you religious?" Daryl asked me as he lifted his legs off of my body.

"I'm not, really. Doesn't mean I'm completely against it, though," I explained to him as I turned around to straddle his lap.

I felt my back arch again as his hands made their way down my sides.

"God wouldn't be very happy with you right now..." Daryl breathed hotly against my neck, leaving a pattern open-mouthed kiss against my skin.

My head fell forward onto his shoulder at his touch.

"Lucky for me, he's very good at forgiving sins,".

I dipped my head and pushed my lips against his, enjoying the taste of cigarettes and alcohol against his lips.

When I pulled away, his head fell back as I rolled my hips against his.

"Christ," he muttered, chuckling slightly.

"Lord's name," I winked before rolling off of him to go to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, that's Chapter Nine!

Yes, Merle has lost his hand. I was debating on killing him, but I couldn't. I just adore writing Merle!

There's a reference to a movie in there that Mr. Reedus starred in, for any fans;)

The group will be arriving at the farm very soon, so keep checking in for Chapter Ten!

Don't forget to review, PM, favorite, subscribe,etc.. -Whatever floats your damn boat.

Thanks again to everyone who is simply reading my story and giving it a chance, going along for the ride; you are all amazing people!

Love you all!

"You believe in dead people walking around?".