All That We Could Be

Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

For Fallon, March break had ended too quickly. During the two weeks she had off all she did was work. Either school work or going out to promote her album. In a way it gave her an excuse to avoid people. Actually just one person. William. He had been calling her to go out to clubs with him. Each time something had luckily prevented her from saying yes. She would tell him she had an interview to do, or a club to perform at, and some days she had homework to finish. Everything had been scheduled in a way that there wasn’t enough time for Fallon to go and relax at a club with William; but Fallon wasn’t one to complain.

The only reason she felt that maybe she would have liked a little time to herself was because she had missed her little sister’s eleventh birthday. It had been the same day as her second single’s release. March 11th. Fallon had wanted to return home for a week, but due to the schedule that Craig and Cheryl had devised…there was no week off. Luckily she had sent her sister a gift ahead of time. She even phoned her sister when she had gotten home from the bookstore that day.

In a way, for Fallon, this was the part about living away from her family she missed the most. Her siblings were growing up without her there to watch them. Her sister had grown like a weed.

Fallon was on her bed trying to study, instead Fallon was still thinking about her family when Cheryl walked in. It was the first week back at school. Fallon was luckily off from promo duty. Her street team as taking care of it this week. Instead Fallon was busy preparing for midterms.

“Fallon, William called again…” Cheryl said, with a smirk. “What did you tell him?” Fallon asked, she didn’t really know why she was avoiding him. William seemed like a nice enough guy to hang out with…but she had the feeling he wanted more than just hanging out. He wanted to date her. Even though it had been a month almost since Daniel, Fallon didn’t really want to date anyone.

“I told him that Fallon was doing her homework and then if she finished she was allowed to play outside.” Cheryl was snickering. Fallon had to laugh. Cheryl made her sound like a bad child who didn’t like doing homework. Not that she liked doing school work, but she wasn’t in grade five anymore, so she didn’t need the set of conditions.

“What did he say to that?” Fallon asked with curiosity. “The same old; that he would call again. You know, maybe you should go out with him…just to be nice. I mean, he can’t be that bad.” Cheryl said, her voice careful. “I’m not really into dating right now. Besides why would William Chace Evans want to go out with me. I mean his father owns a good part of this country. He could have any girl he looks at…it’s just weird that he would want to ask me.” Fallon told her. It had boggled her that the Evan Enterprises heir would take any interest in her. Almost as much as it had surprised her that Daniel could like her…Stop thinking about him!- Fallon told herself.

“I don’t know, I think maybe you need to go out a little. You need to get out, before you seriously turn into a hermit. And he seems nice enough. Besides he’s asked you almost over a hundred times…which says a lot considering who he is…I’m betting he’s never had to call any girl this many times.” Cheryl said, smugly.

“Alright, fine. Just to make you happy, I will call him tomorrow and tell him I have midterms and then in April I’ll be done and we can have dinner. Okay?” Fallon said, hoping that maybe Cheryl would drop the subject. Cheryl had been insufferable as of late. She still wanted Fallon to talk about the break up, and now she was more than encouraging Fallon to go out with William. Cheryl was practically pushing Fallon into William.

“April? Are you insane?” Cheryl shrieked. “What I have exams for the next two weeks…that means this last week of March and the first week of April.” Fallon snapped. “No…you’re going to go out with him sooner…how about the day of your last exam…March 29th. I’ll call him and tell him right now.” Cheryl said stubbornly. Fallon couldn’t believe this.

“Why are you doing this?” Fallon said, exasperated. “Did I do something? Like I don’t get why you keep trying to make me go out? I don’t make you go out with some guy you don’t know.” Fallon said annoyed. “You’ll thank me later… besides your Charger needs a break from the race track.” Cheryl said, slightly sarcastically. “Besides, you’d never be able to pair me up…since I already have a boyfriend.” Cheryl said snidely. Fallon opened her mouth to argue, but closed it swiftly knowing it was better to stay silent.

“But the real reason I wanted to talk to you was because Craig sent me a list of magazines that want you for their cover story. I’m supposed to ask you which one you would like to do, although I know you’re answer will be none. Craig has told me to ask you to select three.” Cheryl told her. “Which ones are the ones who don’t want me nude…?” Fallon asked, without any interest.

“Since I knew you would ask that, I prepared a list of the decent ones.” Cheryl handed her a list of about 15 magazines. “Okay…how about Hello, OK, and maybe Vogue.” Fallon said, as she looked through the list. “You would do Vogue?” Cheryl said with interest. “I guess… they sound more of my type than FHM does.” Fallon said, with indifference. “Actually they all aren’t my type…I’m just trying to be good and play along…so that maybe you won’t set William after me.” Fallon added with a little hope.

“Sorry, but I’m still going to call William and tell him about the 29th. Besides, new month means a new beginning.” Cheryl said happily, excited for Fallon agreeing to the magazine interviews and cover shoot. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Fallon said darkly. “You know out with the old, in with the new.” Cheryl said in the same chirpy tone as she left the room.

Fallon stared at the spot where Cheryl had been. “What did I do to deserve this?” She mumbled out loud.

As much as Cheryl was right to move on to something new, or in Fallon’s case some one else new; Fallon wasn’t sure she was ready. It was true that Fallon would only leave to go to the race track. She was still a little hesitant about going to places that she had gone to with Daniel, this had attributed to her hermit-ness. She had even stopped reading the tabloids since they had started printing stories on Daniel and her break up, and since they had started to focus on which teams were likely to buy him. In all honesty, the reason she wouldn’t bother with the papers simply because they showed his picture. His face. Daniel. She had stopped when she noticed how incoherent her thoughts would become after seeing his picture. Other than that small problem Fallon was fine when Cheryl mentioned Daniel.

Fallon sighed as she returned to her text book. Cheryl was hell bent on making sure Fallon didn’t spend any more time at the race course…or alone. Fallon decided it was better to just give in.

Fallon was finally done her last exam. As she walked out of the examination hall, she was engulfed with dread. Not only was she worried about her marks on the test…but she was dreading her evening.
Driving towards her house, Fallon thought of what was awaiting her. Most likely Cheryl had a dress prepared for her date with William. William had already called Fallon to tell her which restaurant they would be going to. It was some new one that had opened up in London. This is going to be so exciting…-Fallon thought lamely. She was hoping that maybe William would have left her alone by now, but that guy was persistent.

Hopefully they would get along. Fallon didn’t want Cheryl setting her up with random guys.

Fallon parked in the drive way and entered the house. Sure enough placed on her bed was a dress and heels. Cheryl walked into the room behind her. “Hurry up; I’ll do your make up. So then you’ll be all set.” It was 6pm, Fallon had about an hour to herself. She would shower and dress and then Cheryl could do the make up.

By the time Fallon was completely ready, it was 6:30. She would have to wait only fifteen minutes. William had called to ask if she was ready, so he would be here in a while.

Fallon sat on her computer chair, her foot nervously tapping. She decided to go down to the basement. To her library. It had been a few weeks since she had been there. She walked in her heels to her book room. Fallon opened the door, but before she could step inside she heard something.

“Did you buy the entire bookstore?” Fallon stood there for a split second. Daniel wasn’t even within vicinity of her. Yet his voice was as clear as a bell. Fallon couldn’t believe how her mind remembered his voice so perfectly. In that moment Fallon knew what was wrong with her. The reason she had been avoiding William and becoming so hermit like. It was right then and there that Fallon realized... “I love you, Daniel” Fallon whispered into the empty room.

The door bell rang up stairs, and so Fallon shut the door to her library without entering it. As she quickly walked up stairs to meet the person who wasn’t Daniel.