All That We Could Be

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Sitting on the couch and being interviewed once again by Emma and Steven on GM TV did not distract Fallon from thinking about her last encounter with Daniel. Their questions just made it harder to think about a proper answer without revealing what was on her mind.

“So Fallon, what made you decide to release another set of break up songs after the success of ‘Love Song’?” Emma asked. “I don’t think I released any other break up songs this time.” Fallon replied simply. “Well I always thought ‘Memory Of You’ was something of a sad break up song.” Steven piped up. “Really? I never thought of it that way. I always thought it was about always remembering that first time you really loved a person, and because for whatever reason you’re not together you still have them on your mind. I never classified it as a break up song. Besides I think only the writers of the song can really tell you if it was a break up song.” Fallon said, she hadn’t actually thought about what type of song it was.

“Okay, moving on, so why release this pair of break up songs?” Emma asked inquisitively. “Why not?” Fallon retorted. The two hosts laughed. “Come on, why did you decide to release these two songs as your next singles?” Steven pushed. Fallon sat there a moment, lost in her thought. “I actually just really love these songs. There isn’t a deeper meaning as to why I released them. Usually I just pick the ones I really like, and ‘Broken’ and ‘By The Way’ are no exceptions.” Fallon said tactfully.

“Okay, so when can we expect the re-release of your album and your singles.” Emma asked, slightly disappointed. “Well at the end of April the singles will be coming out. The re-release of the album will be out during the second week of May.” Fallon said to the two of them. “Well it was nice seeing you again. All the best.” And with that Fallon was allowed to leave the set.

This time there was no Cheryl waiting. Fallon had come on her own simply because after the interview she had to go meet with a reporter from ‘Popjustice.com’ then later on she would go and meet some one from ‘The Daily Mail on Sunday’.

She had been told that she would be meeting the reporter at one of the cafés around town. Since she had arrived early, she ordered some food and went to a table to wait. As her hot chocolate and blueberry muffin arrived; so did the reporter.

It was a young girl who came up to her. “Hi, I’m Natalie. I’m going to be interviewing you for Popjustice.” The girl told her, holding out her hand. Fallon shook it. “Hi, I’m Fallon.”

“Okay well I’m going to be asking you some questions, if you think they’re too personal you don’t have to answer. Mainly I just want to make a compilation of facts that nobody really knows about you. So like your favorite characters from a show, that sort of thing.” Natalie told Fallon. Fallon didn’t feel too awkward about this; she felt she could get along with Natalie.

Soon after Natalie ordered her food, she started to ask questions. That was how Fallon spent the next two hours.

Soon Fallon was arriving at the ‘Daily Mail on Sunday’ head quarters and they wanted her to pose for some pictures as well as interview her. She was exhausted by the end of it.

Fallon came home hours later to find the house empty. She turned off her cell phone and changed. It was 6pm. Cheryl would be home late in the night, she had a special party event at Lively! although she had asked Fallon to come, Fallon hadn’t really felt like it.

William had called to ask if Fallon wanted to join him for dinner. Fallon had declined that offer also. On this Saturday night it would take a lot more than a dinner or party to get Fallon to go out.

Daniel had been in the back of her mind through out the day. Try as she might, she couldn’t get him out of her head. Racing didn’t work, home work didn’t work, sleeping definitely didn’t work, not even watching television worked. She had yet to watch Manchester play; she had stopped watching since she knew Daniel might make an appearance. She had just checked the scores on the web site, not glancing at anything else.

Fallon lay on her bed. Sleep wouldn’t come. She hated this feeling. She was tired and wanted to sleep, but her mind hadn’t exhausted it self yet. It was still whirring with thoughts of maybe if she handled things differently with Daniel, maybe it would work out. Stop thinking about the what-ifs…-Fallon thought angrily.

As Fallon finally fell asleep, her thoughts had still been about Daniel.

Fallon drove to school on a foggy Monday morning. Her Sunday had been just as bad as her Saturday. Only Fallon had ended up going to dinner with William. This time she had tried to put her heart into it. It was a nice evening, until William had asked if Fallon wanted to go over to his flat for a movie. Fallon had declined by telling him she had school and had some homework to finish. William had been disappointed. Fallon didn’t really care though; she didn’t want to be any more seriously involved with William than she already was.

Fallon had gone to school early so that she could have some time in the computer lab. She had to finish her computer programming assignment. When she got to the lab, it was empty. She sat at her favorite chair which was located next to a huge window. She logged in to the system and got to work. There was only a little to be done.

Fifteen minutes later she was finished. She went on to the internet and checked her course page. Her chemistry assignment wasn’t due until later next week, other than that she only had to read the text books for her other courses.

Fallon decided to check the Popjustice.com web page. Sure enough her interview had been posted. Hoping that she didn’t look too stupid, Fallon clicked on the icon, which was a picture of her album, and the page loaded to show:

The Twenty Things About Fallon That You Don’t Know!

Well readers, we have finally posted the long awaited interview with Fallon. We can say that she was nice enough to meet. We may have taken a serious tone with this interview but we couldn’t help but ask some random questions. From all the answers she gave us, we compiled this list of twenty things you all probably don’t know. You’re probably wondering what questions we asked to get such a list. We aren’t telling. Maybe next time we see her, we’ll ask some serious ones.

So Fallon what do we all not know about you…hmm?

When I was in elementary school I wanted to be a Formula One NASCAR race car driver.
In high school and now in university I’m terrified of skiving off class and getting caught.
I love reading ‘Twilight’ because I have a huge crush on Edward.
My favorite girl band is Girls Aloud.
I measure time in days and hours until the next ‘Gossip Girl’ and ‘Privileged’ episodes air so that I can watch them online.
My favorite characters from ‘Gossip Girl’ are Blair and Chuck.
When I had math tests in elementary school…I used to get magically sick with a real fever the night before…and I wouldn’t be able to go to school.
My favorite soccer team is Manchester United, and my favorite player has been Cristiano Ronaldo.
When I was in high school in Canada, I used to listen to this radio show on CBC Radio 1 called ‘Canadia 2056’ and sometimes the sound effects would scare me so badly that I wouldn’t be able to sleep…you’ve never heard the screaming ghost of the crewman…*shudders*
I took ‘Transportation Technology’ throughout high school…and I beat the guys with my marks! Plus I was really clumsy…one of my friends in my group took off the steering wheel in one of the cars we were working on…and not even five seconds later…I hit my head on the steering rod…
I’m scared of elevators…I got lost once when I was little.
I love my car…it’s usually cleaner than my room…
I read lots of books…my library is full of books…so now I put them in boxes…
I’m scared of spiders…my little sister used to rid them for me…
I love swimming…and camping…it’s always fun to do that with my family.
I got to spend one summer on a farm…and I loved it! You can actually see the stars in the country skies!
My favorite subjects in university are Chemistry, Computer Programming, Astronomy…I love Biology too…but I’m not a fan of dissections…
I’ve had to dissect a frog in grade 8, a pig in grade 11, I saw a sheep head dissection in grade 12, and in first year of university I dissected a worm, cricket and rat…
One of my favorite songs of all time is ‘Crush’ by David Archuleta.
My favorite video game is Burnout: Legends…because I love the road rage part of the game…and knocking cars out…

By the time Fallon had finished reading the article, she was snickering. They had picked some pretty sad points about her. Most people would probably never take her seriously again. Then again people would probably have a laugh at her.

Fallon logged off the computers and went to class still snickering, of all the things those people at ‘Popjustice’ could have chosen, they went for the ones she hadn’t really meant to tell. It was just her luck.

As Fallon sat in her lecture hall, she thought about how Craig might react. Then again, she didn’t really care. It wasn’t as though they had written about her music…and said how bad it was. They hadn’t even attacked her. Over all if she looked at it, it was a huge relief that they hadn’t said anything to hurt her.

Fallon relaxed in to her seat and got out her paper and pen. She decided to take out her text book…she needed to read up on the chapter that they would be covering today.

Fallon read until her lecture started. For the first time Fallon could honestly believe that maybe her music career would be alright.