All That We Could Be

Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

Fallon managed to reach the café ten minutes late. She had been driving slowly. She walked into the café, her jacket flaring because it was open. She only had a t-shirt and a pair of black pants on. Her hair had been tied back into a pony tail.

Fallon ordered a hot chocolate and after paying she waited for her order. She scanned the room and saw where William was sitting. She went and joined him.

“Hey beautiful! I thought we were having dinner?” William asked as he greeted her. “I realized once I got here that I wasn’t very hungry. You can order if you like.” She told him. “No I wasn’t hungry either. I got a coffee and some cookies. Do you want some?” He offered. “No thank you.” She told him. “So is there something you want to talk about?” William asked carefully. They had been silent for a few minutes. “Actually, yes there is.” Fallon replied.

“I don’t think seeing you is working out for me.” Fallon started. “What? Are you breaking up with me?” William said catching on quite quickly. “Yea. I am. You’ve been really nice to me, but I don’t think this is working for me. You’re just not my type that’s all.” Fallon told him, trying to be nice about it. “Okay, so then who exactly is you’re type? That guy you came back with?” William sniped.

Fallon blinked, where had Christopher come into the equation. “No, Christopher is just a friend. It’s just I don’t feel comfortable dating you.” She told him frankly. “Why don’t you feel comfortable?” William asked. He was still seething. Clearly he had never been on the receiving end of a breakup, Fallon thought. “Because, you’re not my type. I just can’t explain it to you William. I don’t feel as though I want to continue seeing you. I’m sorry.” Fallon said getting up. It was time for her to leave.

“You really want to make this difficult, don’t you?” William said darkly from behind her. Fallon had stopped cold. The tone of his voice sneered at her. “I can make it difficult for you.” He stated.

Fallon turned to face him. Fury etched onto her face. He didn’t know that she had already dealt with the difficulty he could have posed for her. Not only that but he didn’t know who he was dealing with. Fallon wasn’t going to be pushed around. “Who do you think you are? You think you can threaten me into going out with you?” Fallon said to him, icily. “No but I think it would be more prudent for you to keep seeing me. Or I could make things difficult for Cheryl.” He said the sneer still on his face.

“What by selling stock that your dear old father doesn’t have anymore? You think you can keep me with you by threatening my friend. I’m not some girl to put on your list of conquests. How dare you think that you can hurt my friend to get to me.” Her voice was cold with rage, but it didn’t crack. William looked shocked, as though he hadn’t expected her to fight him. “You didn’t know that I found out. I’m not stupid William. I took care of the little problem you posed for Cheryl. If you ever try to contact me or try something like that on any one I know. I’ll bury you with the help of my lawyers.” She told him, her voice had a menacing edge to it.

“Are you threatening me?” William said defiantly. “No I’m not. I’m simply promising you what consequences you will face if you try anything with me again.” She told him putting emphasis on the will.

Fallon turned and left William staring after her.

As the night breeze blew around Fallon, she felt better. Her problem with William was finished. She took out her phone and deleted his number. She hoped she would never have to see him or hear from him again. There was nothing he could do to hurt her…or Cheryl, she thought.

Fallon started her car and drove home. It was a short drive. Once she parked her car, she sat on the steps of her home. She stared at the sky deep in thought. A few months ago she would never have thought she would date anyone. Daniel had changed all of that for her. With him, she had felt happy. Although she didn’t want to admit it, she had wanted him to stay forever.

Forever didn’t work out for her and Daniel. With much regret Fallon wished they were at least still friends. Fallon looked up at the sky. The stars were bright tonight. The stars that she had watched with Daniel. At least they could still do one thing even when they were apart. Look up at the same sky. A part of Fallon hoped that Daniel thought of her. Another part didn’t believe he would.

Fallon thought about going out with William. It had all been a show for him. He got to be in the papers, and maybe the media gave him a little break about being a womanizer. Still she had never felt at peace with him around. It had really felt as though he had wanted nothing but to add her to the list of girls he had already been with. For that she was glad that they were through.

Fallon knew she was wasting the precious time she had before her exam tomorrow. Still she sat on the steps. In a few days she’d be in the comfort of her cousins and extended family. At least she could catch up with her cousins.

Fallon finally headed inside. It looked like Cheryl had gone to bed early. There was no light in the house. Fallon washed her hands in the kitchen sink. She found a little bit to eat. Some carrots and cucumber. She filled a glass with cold water and headed to her room.

She placed the food on to the desk, sat down and opened her books. She looked at the time and decided she would study until eleven thirty. This gave her about two and a half hour. It was going to be a long night.

The next morning Fallon woke up early. She glanced at her text book chapters and got ready. Soon she was heading out the door. It was still dark outside. The sun hadn’t risen yet. Fallon saw the morning paper and threw it inside the house, without a glance, before locking the door.

On her way to the university, Fallon revised her notes in her mind. She made sure to drive carefully. Today was going to go by fast. Two exams one in the morning and one in the evening. She was almost done, and would go home. Craig had called her last night to tell her the flights had been booked, she would be leaving tomorrow on the six o’clock flight. That meant she really would have to run after her exam. She would have to pick up Christopher on her way home. Then she would have to pack and take a quick shower before Christopher could drop her off to the airport.

Craig had told her, that she could pick up the tickets when she was free. Fallon decided to go and pick them up as soon as she was done the first exam today. The studio was close to the university, so it wouldn’t take long. Then she could study for her evening exam and head straight home. Her last exam wouldn’t be too hard to study for. After all it was just computer programming.

Fallon reached her school and parked close to the building where her exam would be held. She could see that there were many other students who had arrived already. Fallon picked up her books and headed inside.