All That We Could Be

Chapter Thirty Nine

Chapter Thirty Nine

It took Fallon a week and a half to get back up to speed. She still hated the concept of having to take the iron supplements. Each time…William or Christopher would watch her force them down.

The two of them had maintained their truce while she was getting better…in turn she had decided to make their lives difficult. She still hadn’t forgiven them for bringing her to the hospital. So she repaid them making herself scarce when she knew it was time for her to take them.

Everyday at around lunch time…one but never both of them would come to see her…just to make sure she took the blasted pills. Not that she was ungrateful…but being babysat by two guys who hated each other…wasn’t exactly how she had pictured her return from the hospital. Though she commended them both for being able to put up with her antics.

As she got better, Fallon and Craig rescheduled the missed tour dates. Her routines for the tour had been altered, so instead of dancing for some of the songs, she was able to sit so she wouldn’t be tiring herself out. To Fallon’s disappointment, some of the tour dates had to be cancelled, so from twenty five tour dates…Fallon was left with fifteen.

It was the pretty much the middle of July. Cheryl had come home a few days ago. With her she had brought some exciting news.

“Fallon! You will never guess what happened in Tuscany!” She squealed with glee. “Okay, what?” Fallon asked. She had just driven Cheryl home from the airport…without one of her sitters! She was feeling pretty happy that Christopher and William had not been supervising her. But then again Christopher could have told Cheryl to watch her. Fallon sighed at that thought. This had gone far enough. She was twenty one now…she didn’t need to be baby sat for some stupid pills…she was able to take care of herself.

“Well on our last day in Tuscany…Keith proposed!” Cheryl announced. Fallon did a double take when she heard. “What!” She said loudly. “And I said…YES!” Cheryl was giving Fallon a hug…one that was suffocating Fallon…and cutting the blood flow to her arms.

“Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!” Fallon said, as Cheryl had her wrapped in her arms. “You mind letting go…I can’t feel my arms…and I can’t breath!” Fallon choked out the words.

“Oh! Sorry!” Cheryl said as she let Fallon go. “So when’s the wedding?” Fallon asked. “”We decided on summer next year.” Cheryl answered. “That sounds nice.” Fallon said. “Yea…but I have to ask you something.” Cheryl said a little hesitantly. “Okay…but if you’re asking me to sing at your wedding…the answer is no. I won’t do it.” Fallon said, quickly. “Yes you will, and that’s the second question. The first one is…will you be my maid of honor?” Cheryl asked.

Fallon was taken aback. “You and me, we’ve gone through everything like sisters. Fallon, you really are my sister. We pretty much raised each other since we live together.” Cheryl said. Fallon looked away, and blinked several times. She didn’t want Cheryl to see the tears that were forming. “You pretty much raised me, Cheryl…I’m not sure how much I raised you. So yes…I’ll be your maid of honor…it means a lot that you would ask me.” Fallon said. Cheryl pulled Fallon into another tight hug. “Not so tight! I seriously can’t breath!” Fallon exclaimed. “I’ll let you go only if you agree to sing!” Cheryl said cheekily. “Okay! Okay! Mercy!” Fallon said quickly.

Cheryl let Fallon go with a laugh. “I told you, you would be singing!’ Cheryl said as she left to take her stuff for her room. “You cheated!” Fallon muttered under her breath as she rubbed her arms.

As the days started to near the start of tour…once again…Fallon found herself relaxed and at ease. The tension between the guys had become bearable…for now…and they had all been hanging out together. It was actually a lot of fun. William had even surprised both Christopher and Fallon when he turned up at the track and beat Aidan in a race. That had been spectacular.

“Who would have thought William Chace Evans could race!” Alex had said. “Yea…a rich boy who actually knows how to drive…makes me wonder how his driver took it…or…he doesn’t have one…he must not be rich after all!” Adam said, razzing William. William had grinned wickedly as he had gotten out of his car. It was and Audi R8, Fallon thought with a pang of sadness. Almost like Daniel’s, except Daniel’s had been black and William’s was silver.

Today, Fallon had to go to her university. She was going to be selecting courses for next year. She parked in her usual spot. She was grinning to herself. The memory of hanging up on an irritated Christopher had been enjoyable. She thought back on their conversation.

“So how are you today?” Christopher had asked. “Good.” Fallon had told him. “Did you take the supplement?” The question had been getting on Fallon’s nerves. Everyday…the same question. “Nope.” Fallon had told him gleefully. Fallon had in fact eaten the pill, but riling Christopher and William had become a rewarding habit.

“What!” Had come the tell tale angry shout. Fallon had stifled her laughter. “You heard me…I didn’t take them. I’m sick of pills.” Fallon told him. Christopher was outraged. “Fallon, if you don’t take them your going to get sick and wind up in the hospital again.” Christopher started heatedly. Fallon remained silent holding in her laughter. She walked to her Charger. “Fallon? Are you there?” Christopher asked. “Yea.” She told him. “Where are you?” He asked her. “At home for the moment.” She told him simply. “Where are you heading?” Christopher asked. “Why? So you can hunt me down and shove pills down my throat?” Fallon retorted. “Something along that line. So where are you going?” He asked her again, impatience was coloring his voice. “Somewhere where you aren’t going to be.” She said, mischievously. “Fallon, tell me…” Christopher was cut off, as Fallon ended the call. He’ll get back at me sooner or later…-Fallon thought. Pity…-She snickered.

Fallon walked into the Chemistry building. All she had to do was pick up the catalogue with all the course descriptions. She would have to pick the courses online.

As Fallon walked out of the building she had only walked a few steps when she heard her name being called. “Fallon! Wait!” Fallon turned on her heel. Her lab partner came running up to her. “Hi Michael!” Fallon said, as he stopped and caught his breath. Michael had been her lab partner for a few years. She had been lucky to always be in the same lab section as him. He balanced their partnership perfectly. Where Fallon was strong in lab work, Michael was strong in the calculations.

Fallon waited for Michael to speak. “You are very hard to catch up to! Do you know that?” He told her. Fallon grinned. “Here, some guy asked me to give you these.” Michael said as he handed her a bouquet of flowers and a box of chocolates. Fallon was flabbergasted. “Who gave you these?” Fallon asked him, as she organized her thoughts. “I have no idea who he was.” They started to walk. “Okay…do you know what he looked like?” She asked him. “Nope…I wasn’t paying attention.” He told her, looking sheepish. “How could you not pay attention?” Fallon asked exasperated. “I’ve been working long hours…the summer term is killing me.” He explained to her. As they walked, Michael started to speed up. “I have another class in a little while.” He told Fallon. Fallon couldn’t keep up with him.

“Didn’t you notice anything at all?” She asked. “No!” He called out to her, getting ahead of her. “Michael!” She called out. “What?” He asked back. “Who was it?” She asked, hoping maybe he could give her some idea, she stopped walking. “Sorry Fallon! It was just some guy!” He called back to her, and disappeared off into the distance, leaving Fallon standing on her own with the flowers and the box. Exasperated, Fallon called out loudly. “What guy?”