All That We Could Be

Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

“I know it’s you, Daniel.” She told him.

“Are you sure?” He asked her. “Yes I am.” She replied. She gently took off his mask. Daniel smiled down at her. He took her mask off. “How did you know?” He asked her. “Remember that first time we went to dinner, it was to meet Miguel. You told me that when I saw you all dressed up I lost my thoughts, my speech, and of course lest we forget…my breath. Ever since I saw you as that prince, I lost my thoughts. There was only one explanation to that…it had to be you. Oh and real smart with the door 327…27…did you think I wouldn’t notice?” She told him with a laugh.

Daniel smiled. “It was that easy?” He asked. “No it wasn’t…I just thought about it for a while…” She told him. For a really long while…- She thought.

Fallon was ecstatic that it was him. Still she moved away, facing the window once more. “Fallon?” Daniel said quietly. “Hmm?” She wondered what he was going to say. He came to stand next to her. “I’m sorry about what happened…” He started. “I shouldn’t have handled things the way I did.” He told her.

“Daniel. It’s okay. I understand why you did it.” She told him. After she had spoken with Miguel; she had started to realize why he would have done what Miguel had advised him: to break up with her. “You do?” Daniel said, confused. “Yea I kind of get it.” She said again. “You didn’t want to get signed because of me…you wanted to get signed for your own skills.” She told him. “Something like that…” He said.

They were quiet. “So do you forgive me?” He asked her. “I don’t know…should I forgive you?” She asked him. She turned to face him. “I’m not angry with you. It just hurt.” She told him honestly. Then a smile broke over her face. “You’re lucky though…I had already forgiven you when you showed up.” She told him, she smiled. Daniel’s face lit with joy. He pulled Fallon in for a kiss before spinning her around the room in his arms.

“Thank you.” He told her as he set her down. “No, actually; thank you.” She told him. “Why me?” He asked. “I’ll tell you one day.” She said cheekily. “Since I left the ball before the last dance…how about I make it up to you. Would you like to dance with me?” He asked her, holding out his hand as the music played around them. “Yes.” She replied, as she took his hand, and they danced.

With Daniel back in her life, things started to fall together for Fallon. She completed and released her fifth album, which was titled ‘Love Will Find You’; it was a compilation of love songs, ballads, and break up songs. Without the help of any label promoting her album, it some how managed to get the number two spot on the charts.

Another surprise was when Craig called Fallon. “Fallon, how are you?” He had asked. “I’m fine. How about you?” She had said. “Great!” He said happily. “Okay, what am I missing here?” Fallon had asked, cautiously. “I left the label.” He told her simply. “What? Why?” Fallon had asked stunned. “I left to make my own label. So that I could ask you…would you like to sign on as my first artist?” He asked her. Fallon was dumbfounded.

She recovered quickly enough though. “Yea, I would. That would be great!” She told him. “Excellent! I’m getting the other acts that Phil and I had supported…that were dropped…back on to a label, so I’ll come over one day for you to sign a new contract.” He told her. “And Fallon.” Craig said to her. “Yes?” She asked. “Your album was really well written. I loved listening to it. Kind of made me miss working with you.” He told her. “Thanks, it was weird without you. There wasn’t anyone getting on my case.” She told him. He laughed at this. They talked a little while longer before bidding each other good bye.

Fallon had been enjoying everything so far. Her career was being put back on track, her school life was going well…and of course Daniel wasn’t to far from her thoughts.

Soon enough Daniel and Fallon started to mend their relationship. At first it had been a little awkward. Daniel had been apologetic and Fallon didn’t know what else to say. After a few times they went out, things started to come into place. They weren’t hesitant in talking to each other any more.

The start of December came with exams. Fallon got through the period; she scheduled her time…but Cheryl helped a little too. Some days to relax, Fallon would go to the track. Christopher had yet to meet Daniel…and he wasn’t exactly motivated.

“He better not hurt you this time.” Christopher said with warning. “You weren’t there the last time. So be nice.” Fallon had told him. “Well I am here this time. If he breaks your heart, I’ll break his jaw…or his car…I’m not too picky.” Christopher had told her. “Chris!” Fallon had said, appalled. “No. You won’t. Can’t you just meet him and get it over with?” She pleaded with him. “Nope…let him stay on pins and needles.” Christopher had told her. “He’s not the only one…” Fallon had muttered under her breath.

After exams, Daniel took Fallon skating. There was an open ice rink near Fallon’s university. Fallon wasn’t exactly thrilled. “I can’t balance. I’ll fall…and then some one could run over my hands…” Fallon had told him. It had been one of her biggest fears when it came to ice skating. “I’ll hold your hands. You’ll be fine.” He told her, waving away her fears. “I’ll fall…I really can’t skate…I can’t even balance my self on a good day…I don’t even go when I’m with my family.” She had pleaded with him. “I’ll make sure you’re okay, so you won’t have to worry about anything. I’ll do the skating and all you have to do is move your feet sometimes.” He told her, dragging her along by the hand. “I’ll get you for this…” Fallon had muttered darkly. “I’ll be waiting for it…” He had told her.

It turned out that skating was one of the many things Daniel was good at. He tied his skates, before tying up Fallon’s. Soon he was leading her to the ice. Since it was out in the open, there were no boards for Fallon to hold. People were already gliding across the ice.

Fallon clutched Daniel’s hands. “Don’t let me go!” She pleaded with him. Daniel laughed. “I promise I won’t.” He told her. Fallon closed her eyes once they got onto the ice. “Let me know when this is over.” She told him. “You’ll miss the beauty of it. Open your eyes. It’s not as bad as you think it is.” He told her calmly. “No! I’ll end up falling!” She told him. She never liked the feeling of gliding. Some how skating just wasn’t something she could do.

As a child she had loved swimming, skiing, and biking; she was good at it. She had gotten her badges for all the swimming levels back home. Skating, however, defied her. She could not skate very far before falling. She could ski happily, but skating was a skill that had evaded her.

Fallon opened one eye to peer at the sights around her. Daniel was skating backwards and weaving in and out of people. Fallon tightly shut her eyes. Soon she couldn’t tell if they were moving or not. Feeling safe enough, Fallon opened her eyes.

No sooner had she opened them, she saw Daniel narrowly miss another couple. “You said this was safe!” Fallon said with panic. “It is; it is. Don’t worry so much.” Daniel told her, patiently. He was quietly laughing at her. “It’s not funny!” She told him. “I know…I’m sorry.” Daniel told her, trying to look repentant. It worked. Fallon smiled.

Fallon decided to keep her eyes open. At least then she could let go if she thought they were going to crash. Daniel had a different idea. “Do you want to let go yet?” He asked. Fallon had clenched his mitten covered hands with her own, she held on a little more tightly. “Nope, you promised you wouldn’t let go.” She told him, stubbornly. “Okay, but are you sure you don’t want to learn?” He asked her. Fallon sighed; he had been after her about learning how to skate the entire day. “You’re not going to let me go home until I try…are you?” She asked him, suspiciously. “Nope.” He told her with a grin.

Fallon knew he was equally as stubborn as she was. “Okay…but you promised I wouldn’t fall.” She reminded him. “I know. I won’t. I’ll be right here to catch you.” He told her.

With enough time, Fallon managed to bargain with Daniel. The deal was if she skated across the rink with him by her side, he would skate for the both of them again and take her home.

As she tried to skate holding Daniel’s hand, Fallon almost forgot her fears and found that she was enjoying the trial and error of learning; it comforted her, knowing that Daniel would surely catch her if she fell.