All That We Could Be

Chapter Eight

The week after the album was released was one of the most euphoric for Fallon in some aspects. For the first time Popjustice.com had finally approved of her album. They loved almost all of the twelve tracks and three bonus tracks:

Fallon’s Album- Our Review of Her Very Clever Cheating Album

Fallon decided to do an album full of covers. Here at PJ we approve of her choice. Why? Well because all the songs she chose to do covers for are actually very good songs to begin with. She also tweaked them to make them better suited for her. So although we would love to bash her, we are in too good of a mood to do it. So instead here is the track list to the album. We even put the names of the original artists. Funnily enough, so did Fallon. If anyone has had a look at the album sleeve; Fallon has included the single album art for each of the songs, their original release dates, the names of the artists and writers, and why she chose them.

Here we have rated each song out of 5.
Beneath The Covers - Track List:
Love Song – Sky 4/5
Sing – Theo Tams 2/5
Broken Strings – James Morrison 3/5
Human – Distinct Nature 2.5/5
Thinking Of You – Katy Perry 2.5/5
Tear Drops On My Guitar – Taylor Swift 4/5
Memory Of You – Girls Aloud 4/5
Sleepless – Wave 3/5
All I Want – Sky 4/5
Superhuman – Chris Brown 3.5/5
The Loving Kind – Girls Aloud 4/5
Crush – David Archuleta 4.5/5
Bonus Tracks:
No Air – Jordin Sparks 2.5/5
Over It – Katharine McPhee 3/5
Alive – Melissa O’Neil 3.5/5

We promise we haven’t gone soft. We may have woken up on the right side of our beds though. So go check out the album…Before we change our minds.

Craig was over the moon. He had called her up in such a happy mood; it was hard for Fallon not to be happy.

With her album doing well, and her single also doing well on the charts; the only problems that hadn’t been resolved were the paparazzi and the questions being asked by them, and other reporters.

Fallon had gotten to a point where she didn’t see them any more. She would walk right past them. They had become part of her life, except when she was at school. She just readily ignored them. It was another story entirely when it came to Daniel. He had started to come over less during the week. He said that Miguel had told him: he didn’t need additional press when he was trying to get traded to one of the EPL teams. He would come for dinner once in a while, but more often than not he would meet Fallon at Lively!

For Fallon that was the only downside to the success of her album. That she didn’t get to see Daniel as much anymore. It wasn’t entirely on him though. Craig had booked Fallon appearances on a lot of shows. For Monday she had had an interview on GM TV, on Tuesday it was with Paul O’Grady, Wednesday she had a radio interview and a show at some club, Thursday she would be performing at G.A.Y, and Friday she would be doing a 3 song performance at Lively!

By Friday, Fallon was in no mood to do anything. She was even considering holing up at the university library to get some work done and catch up on some sleep. Cheryl had managed to keep her alive by making sure she was eating properly and even picking out her clothes so that no one would complain about a repeat outfit. Fallon was grateful to her, but there were times where she just wanted quiet.

Recently Fallon had taken to sleeping in the library. Fallon would go down to her library and sleep. Cheryl had asked why, but all Fallon would say that there was but peace and quiet downstairs. Cheryl thought there was more to it than that, but didn’t press any further.

Fallon had been looking forward to the end of Friday more than anything else. Although she really didn’t want to perform, she knew that at the end she would be able to see Daniel. They would be going for a night on the town. Daniel had mentioned the possibility of going to the park…in the cold. Although, now that she thought about it anything was better than getting stuck doing homework. As long as it included Daniel.

As always Fallon became nervous as she got up on the stage. Tonight she would be singing three songs from her album. One was the single ‘Memory of You’, then she would be doing ‘The Loving Kind’, and lastly she would be singing ‘Alive’. The curtains opened, and Fallon took in the energy of her audience. It was time for her to give back to them, and so she sang.

After Fallon had finished, she ran to the office to get changed. As she walked back down the hallway, she found Daniel leaning against the wall waiting for her. It still surprised her that he would stay during the show just for her. She still couldn’t believe she had met him.

Daniel smiled at her as she came near. Taking her hand he walked with her towards the door. As soon as they opened the door it started to go down hill. Flashes every where. Questions were being hurled at them. Fallon didn’t even catch what was being shouted at her. She had closed her eyes, and the only way she was walking upright was because Daniel was leading her.

As the two of them sat in the car, Daniel shook his head in disgust. “I really don’t know how much more of them I can take.” He told her, his voice had an angry edge to it. “Ignore them, I do.” Fallon told him, carefully. “Yea well in Portugal even though they love you they don’t love you to death. I mean they’ll follow you around every now and then but they aren’t consistent like that mob.” Daniel told her, he made it sound as though the Portuguese paparazzi were a more pleasant experience.

“Forget about them, believe me, I don’t take notice of them any more. Once they think you don’t care for them, I’m sure they’ll go away. Or maybe they’ll stop harassing us after you get signed or something.” Fallon told him, hoping that Daniel would somehow forget about them. “Yea, right. I’m sure once that happens they’ll get bored of me easily.” Daniel said, he sounded distant even though he was sitting with Fallon in the car.

Fallon started to worry again. She knew he was probably thinking about what Miguel had told him about additional press. She didn’t know what she could do other than quit singing that would make this work for the both of them. For the remainder of the drive the two of them remained lost in their own thoughts.

It was Saturday morning when Fallon realized exactly how much she may have been impacting Daniel’s career move. Cheryl had gone to get the papers, when she returned, Cheryl had tried to hide them from Fallon. It just didn’t work. As soon as Fallon saw the front page, her heart plummeted. Cheryl saw the horror on Fallon’s face as she read the headlines: ‘Fallon and Daniel…Are They Our Next Posh & Becks?’. Underneath the headlines was a picture of them walking out of Lively!

Fallon was aghast. At last she spoke. “Idiots…” She muttered under her breath. “I’m really sorry Fallon.” Cheryl told her. Fallon had told her all about Daniel, Miguel, and the press. Cheryl could see what was frightening Fallon. The thought that she would lose someone like Daniel over this.

“I think you should call him. Give him a heads up.” Cheryl told her. Fallon agreed. She went into her room and found her cell phone. Fallon dialed Daniel’s number. He didn’t pick up. She tried two more times. Still he wouldn’t answer his phone.

Fallon tried to think rationally, maybe Daniel was still sleeping. What if he had gone out without his phone. Maybe his phone had died, because he forgot to charge his battery. Or maybe it was because he already knew what she was trying to tell him.

Fallon had given up after the third time. He knows…- She thought. Falling on to her bed, she stared at the ceiling. What good was success if you couldn’t have what you really wanted, she thought. She knew she wouldn’t have cared if some one else she was dating left her over something like this. Yet since she had met Daniel, it was like everything changed. Her life had changed in so many ways. She wasn’t used to considering what someone else thought, well anyone other than Cheryl and Craig. Now she worried over what Daniel thought. It was hard for her to admit that maybe she liked him more than she thought. Maybe Cheryl was right about this. Maybe it was love.

If it was love, she thought, then shouldn’t she fight to keep him. Her mind had an argument ready for the thought. How could you fight to keep him, if he wasn’t yours to keep. Frustrated, Fallon got up. Maybe things weren’t as bad as she thought. Maybe she was just over exaggerating what Miguel’s influence over Daniel was. Still she fretted, what was the worth of a career change to Daniel. Was it worth giving up on them?