Can't Let Go

Meet The Gang

Jasmine's POV:

My name's Jasmine Fowler and I'm 19. I have an older sister, she's 21. My two best friends, Autumn Miller and Lyssa Thorton, are also 19. We are walking down the street with our boyfriends, who make up the band Allstar Weekend. My boyfriend, Michael Martinez, is 23. In front of us, being normal, is Autumn and her boyfriend, Cameron Quiseng, who is 22. Behind me and Mikey is Lyssa and her boyfriend, Zach Porter, who is also 22. The 6 of us are closer than anyone could imagine. Us girls met the guys at a concert here in San Diego and it was love at first sight. We were hooked on the guys, they were hooked on us.

"Happy one year, Jazz." I look up at him.

"Happy one year, Mikey."

"What do you want to do today? We can ditch these losers."

"We heard that." We all laugh, knowing he was joking.

"What do I want to do besides spend my day with you?"

"Baby gurl, you will spend your life with me. One day we will get married and live happily ever after." This is one of the mushiest times for him. Don't get me wrong, Mikey got very lovey dovey, but this was big. He doesn't do it often.

"Is that a promise, Mikey?"

"It is if you want it to be."

"I want it to be."

"Jazz, it's me and you against anyone who doesn't accept us."

"Mikey, I know that."

"Oh oh oh oh oh, ey ey ey ey ey, oh oh oh oh whoa"

"Yeah, you're stuttering." It was a joke between us. We had both fallen in love with the song Stuttering by FeFe Dobson, but we knew the other would never cheat.

"Would you guys stop? You're so lovey dovey back there."

"Sorry, Autumn."

"It's cool."

"Yeah, it's cool." Zach dumps ice cream on us.

"I can't believe you!"

"Hey, babe, you got a little ice cream. Everywhere."

"I know, Mikey, so do you." We all start laughing.

"It's so gross, please clean it off." Lyssa is a clean freak, and the most perverted, of us 6.

"What, Lys, do you not like this look?" I shake the cone crumbs on her and she jumps back. Cameron is shaking his head and trying to breathe. I take napkins and clean off. The ice cream is getting really gross now.

"You two are something else, I swear."

"Cameron, I recall last week when you and Autumn started throwing peanuts at each other."

"That was different!" He yells in defense.

"How?"

"I don't know." We all start laughing again. I lean over on Mikey who holds me in his arms.

"It's you and me forever, baby gurl."

"I know it is, Mikey. You, me, and our insaneo friends."

"We can still hear you!"

"You've called us crazy before." We stick our tounges out at each other like the children we are.

"Shouldn't you boys be the adults here?"

"Girls mature faster."

"Nah." Autumn, Lyssa, and I say.

"Nah." The guys agree with us. We are seriously children here and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

"Wanna go home, Jazz?"

"Sure!" I know he means his house, but it is like my second home. Since my mom died 3 years ago, Mrs. Martinez has been like my second mom. Dad was great, but he couldn't handle everything. I recently bought my own apartment, so he started seeing a woman. Alexandria Smith. She's pretty cool I guess. Just not my mom.

"Mom, dad, I brought Mikey back." I call them mom and dad, just because we are that close.

"Jazz, it's been a few days since you've been here. We were getting worried."

"Sorry 'bout that. I've been busy at work."

"Well it's good to have you back." She hugs me.

"Nice to be home again." They laugh and I follow Mikey to his room. His mom refuses to let him buy a place until he is engaged or married. Hopefully that won't be too far away.

***************************************************************