Can't Let Go

Jasmine Decides

Jasmine's POV:

"Michael was with me that night. He was at my house from 9 until 11. We were fighting about why he cheated on me and both of us moving on."

"Thank you, Ms. Fowler." I head back to the seat, avoiding Michael's eyes. Chris is gone, just like he said he would be. I never should have dated him. Now I'm alone again. The jury finds Mikey innocent. Not suprising.

"Congrats, Michael." I turn to walk away when he stops me.

"Thank you, Jasmine. You had no reason to do that."

"You're innocent. Even if you hadn't been with me, I know you would never do that." I am so close to tears. My life is falling apart.

"Well, you better go find Chris, huh? Big date night or something?" He is trying to be my friend, but I start crying.

"He broke up with me."

"But he was just here!" Mikey's getting angry.

"Chris said if I defended you, he would break up with me. I said you were with me and he left." I didn't know I could hurt so much.

"I'm so sorry, Jazz." He pulls me in for a hug and I don't fight it. It's just so good to be in his arms again.

"Michael, I missed you." I shouldn't have said that, he is with Tara.

"I broke up with her." I look up at him. Of course he knows what I'm thinking.

"Really? I'm so sorry, Mikey."

"I told her not to burn anything, then she did and said I was there. Then there's the small fact that I still love you."

"I don't know if I can forgive you. You lied to me!"

"I know Jasmine and I regret every second of it. From the first time Tara and I kissed."

"Good job, girl." Autumn runs in.

"You did the right thing." Lyssa follows.

"Autumn, Lyssa, Mikey and I are talking." I stress the last word.

"Let's go find Cameron and Zach." They bounce, yes bounce, away.

"Jasmine, please listen."

"What is there to say and how do I know it's the truth?"

"Ouch. I probably deserved that, though."

"Mikey, I never once imagined you would change your mind on us. That you would cheat on me. With your ex! That hurts me!" I think people, the few that were left, are staring. It doesn't matter. I just want Mikey or to move on from him.

"Jasmine, remember right before our one year? I said one day we would get married. You asked if it was a promise and I said if you wanted it to be." I can't believe he remembers that.

"You broke that promise."

"I'm so sorry, Jazz. Please understand that."

"I understand it completely. I also understand that for a while, I wasn't enough for you. You needed Tara for whatever reason. I really don't wanna know what you did together." He starts blushing and it secures my assumption. "Goodbye, Michael Martinez." I've made my decision. It hurts and I don't know if it's right, but I'll figure it out later. I run out before he can talk to me.

"Jazz, how'd your talk go?"

"Move out of my way, Zach." I shove past him and Lyssa runs after me.

"What happened?"

"I don't wanna talk."

"Tell us." Autumn has just walked up.

"He said he still promises we'll get married, I said he broke it. Then I said I didn't care what he did with her, but his face gave away exactly what they did." I break free from their grasp and just start running. I end up at dad's, but he is with Alexandria. I can't stand her. I keep running and end up at the last place I expected. I knock on the door and she answers with a smile.

"Hi, Jasmine. How are you? Stupid question. You obviously aren't well." Last Kiss is stuck in my head as I run into her arms, tears streaming.

"I just need a mom right now."

"Alexandria?" She starts to ask.

"She's useless. Well, not to my dad."

"Oh, Jazz. Do you wanna crash here? Of course not. Come sit and we'll talk. I'll make a snack. Mikey won't be back for a few hours."

"Thank you, Mrs. Martinez."

********************************************************************