Can't Let Go

(15)

Jasmine's POV:

"Chris! What are you doing?"

"I shouldn't have broken up with you for helping a friend."

"You did and it's too late now." I just want him to leave before anything happens.

"Please, Jasmine. It's never too late."

"Yes it is. Mikey and I are engaged." Nothing is going to change this. I'm finally with the right guy, the one I love.

"So? Call it off!"

"I love him!"

"He cheated on you!"

"You broke up with me for no reason! I'm sorry, Chris, I love him. He is my soul mate."

"You don't know that! You can't know that!" He doesn't know what I know. This is my heart telling me what to do and he has no right to say anything. I can't believe we're arguing over this.

"I do know it! The fact that I went back to him, that my heart is still in it, proves that."

"It proves you're stupid." That is the final straw.

"Leave, Chris. When winning a girl back, don't call her stupid. It doesn't help your case at all."

"I'm sorry, babe."

"Don't call her, babe. She told you to leave." Mikey finally comes to my defense.

"Fine. Whatever."

"Don't whatever them!"

"Calm, Lyssa."

"Sorry, Zach." We all bring out the best in each other.

"Let's enjoy this day. We have one hour before our little boys have to record."

"Watch it, Autumn." Cameron attacks her with kisses.

"Now who's getting lovey dovey?" They get after me and Mikey, but now Cam is doing it.

"Me and Cam."

"I didn't mean for you to answer that!"

"But I did, didn't I?" Autumn is smiling.

"Oh, you're gonna pay."

"Girls, kill each other later." We laugh at Zach and walk on the beach. The 6 of us again.

"Well, you have to record, I have to show off to my soon to be mother-in-law, and I don't know what you two will do."

"Dream about Zach."

"Wait for Cam to call."

"You two are pathetic." We head our seperate ways.

"Jazz, sweetie, how are you?" I walk in and sit on the couch, like I have many times before.

"Oh, you know." I wave my hand in the air.

"No, I don't. Are you feeling better? You look really good."

"I'm great." I flash my hand again.

"Okay, I know that hand wave. Let me see the ring."

"I love it so much. Be careful." She takes my hand and looks at it. The way she has my hand, the diamond sparkles.

"Who knew Mikey had so much money?"

"He is in a band, Mrs. Martinez."

"I guess so. Now I don't have to feel bad when you call me mom." My phone rings and it's dad. He tells me to go see him now.

"I'll see you around. Mom." She hugs me.

"I really am glad he picked you. You've always been like the daughter I never had." We hug again and I drive over to my dad's.

"What's up, dad? Hi Alex." I say walking in the door.

"Hello, Jasmine." She does a hand flip.

"Oh my gosh! Are you engaged?"

"You don't have to call me mom if you don't want to." I might, but we'll have to see.

"Do you know when the wedding is?"

"Not right now."

"I hope Mikey and I get married before, or after."

"What did you say?" Dad is mad.

"Mikey just proposed."

"Well good for you." He isn't happy, but he fakes it.

"Jasmine, that's amazing!" She pulls me in for a hug. I still don't like this girl. She will be 35 tomorrow. 15 years older than me. Dad just turned 50. It isn't right, but he loves her.

"Thanks, Alex. I'll see ya around later."

"Bye J." Dad says.

"Bye, daughter."

"Not yet, Alex."

"Okay." She looks hurt, but she can deal with it.

********************************************************************