Lunar Secrets

Chapter 3 - Massive Headache

I yawned as I trudged into my first period class the next day, dropping my head on my desk.

“Are you okay?”

I shook my head, but still managed to turn my head to look at Blake. “Just have this massive headache since last night and it doesn’t seem to be going away anytime soon.”

He gave me a sympathetic look, but there was an odd glint in his eye.

“By the way, have you seen Damon yet?”

I shook my head, my eyebrows scrunched up in confusion. “Why?”

He shrugged, rocking back in his chair. “It was just a question.”

I narrowed my eyes, suspicious of his sudden change in topic. “…If you say so,” I said, sighing as I turned to the front of the class. I could see Blake opening his mouth, but the teacher interrupted him, causing me to snicker as he pouted.

The teacher droned on and on, and I just sighed, rubbing my temples in order to try to help alleviate some of the pain. But then the pain suddenly increased and I gasped, biting my lip as I tried to hold in my whimpers of pain.

Blake gave me look, but I just ignored it as I laid my head down on the desk.

“Ms. Green-“ Mr. Ortiz started, but was suddenly cut off by the bell, which caused me to groan. I closed my eyes as I listened to Blake talk to Mr. Ortiz.

“Mr. Ortiz, she wasn’t feeling well, but she didn’t want to miss class.”

I slowly drowned out their voices as I took deep breaths, trying desperately to think of something other then the pain. I felt Blake’s hand on my shoulder and I groaned, standing up as I let Blake lead me out of the class.

“What happened?”

“Mr. Ortiz just let you off with a warning, though it seems as though you didn’t hear it.”

I slowly nodded my head, leaning heavily into Blake as my vision went fuzzy for a second and the pain increased once more.

Blake looked panicked as he frantically looked around before he spotted something off in the distance, quickly waving at the object. Or rather the person he saw.

“Damon! Come quick!”

Soon another pair of hands was on my shoulders, pulling me to their body as I took deep breaths.

“What happened?” Damon demanded as I just whimpered in pain.

“Headache,” was all Blake said. Damon sighed before he guided me off to the side, soon pulling me into an empty classroom. He sat me down on one of the desks and made me sit straight up.

“What are yo-“

I sighed as he placed his hand on my head and began rubbing my temples slowly before bringing his hand to my shoulders, rubbing the spot where my neck met my shoulders.

“Just relax. I know what I’m doing.”

I felt a little uneasy by his last statement, but with the way his hands were moving, I didn’t really want to argue with him. My headache slowly ebbed away, and I sighed as the last bit of pain left. I reluctantly moved away from him, giving him a small smile.

“Thank you so much. You don’t know how much better I feel now.” He muttered something under his breath, but it was much too quiet for me to hear. “Sorry, what was that?”

He just sighed, shaking his head. “It’s nothing. But you should probably go home.” I gave him a confused look, but he pointed to the clock. “We missed second and third period. You might as well go home and rest. Besides, you should rest before you get a headache again or something.”

I nodded my head, though I didn’t make a move to leave. “Um, Damon?”

He turned to me, silently urging me to continue. I stayed quiet as I just looked at him, my thoughts running wild in my head. After a few second, I just shook my head, turning to grab my bag. “Never mind. It’s nothing.”

I was almost out the door, but he grabbed my hand, pausing me in my steps. I turned to him, silently asking him what he wanted as the bell rang.

“…If you feel worse, call me?”

Before I could answer, he left the classroom, joining the large group of students that were heading over to the cafeteria. I glanced down at my hand and noticed a slip of paper in my hand. I slowly opened the note and saw Damon’s name on it with his number written below it.

I smiled softly before I tucked the note in my pocket and headed outside the school, walking to the nearest public bus stop.

xXxXxXx

“Ashlyn!” I sighed, tossing my book on the side before I got off my bed and walked over to the living room, where Mrs. Wills stood, hands on her hip, as her husband sat on one of the couch, his head turned toward the television although it was obvious he was curious as to what his wife would say next.

“Yes Mrs. Wills?’ I answered, rubbing my neck as I leaned against the doorframe.

“I just got a call from your school saying you missed all but one class today. Care to explain why?”

I groaned before I looked away from the intimidating women. “I wasn’t feeling good because of this terrible headache. I barely got through first period and so my friend helped me feel well enough to get home and I’ve been sleeping ever since.”

Her angered look wavered as she slowly made her way over to me, placing a hand on my forehead. “Are you feeling better?”

I nodded my head. “Loads better, but my head’s still hurting a bit.”

She nodded her head, a frown on her face. “I don’t approve of you skipping school, but if you’re feeling unwell, just call me and I can come pick you up from school instead of you just ditching school.”

I nodded my head, about to turn and walk back to my room, but Mrs. Wills stopped me. “Not so fast. You’re still grounded.”

“Grounded?”

She nodded her head. “You’re on babysitting duties for a week.”

“What about my meet on Saturday? A scout’s coming to watch.”

She frowned, turning to her husband. “What do you think, Tom?”

“Let the girl go,” He said, giving me a wink when his wife turned her back to him. “You shouldn’t compromise her future over this. Besides, it’s not as though she skipped school to go shopping or something. She came straight home. I say just no computer for a week.”

She sighed, sending a frown at her husband. “You’re spoiling her.” He just shrugged, pulling her down to sit on the couch next to him and began rubbing her shoulders.

“I’m not. I just think she’s been a good girl and just made a small mistake by not calling us. It’s nothing too bad.”

Mrs. Wills sighed, but slowly nodded her head. “Fine. No computer for a week, but you better win on Saturday.”

I grinned, giving both Mr. and Mrs. Wills a hug as I thanked them profusely. Mr. and Mrs. Wills just laughed before Mrs. Will’s face turned serious. “A sick girl needs to rest. Hopefully you’re able to go to school again tomorrow. But do you know what caused your headache?”

I shook my head, a small frown on my face. “I was fine yesterday, but then during dinner, my head started to hurt a little bit and then it got worse and worse. But it’s weird cause I’m feeling a lot better now.”

She just nodded her head before shooing me to my room. I looked back at the pair one last time before I dashed upstairs, the concern looks on their face enough to worry me.

As I sat on my bed, I reached into my pocket for my phone, but a piece of paper fell out. I looked down at it, recognition filling me as I remembered Damon’s last words to me. Picking the paper up, I hesitated a bit before I plugged his number into my phone and wrote out a quick text.

Damon, it’s Ashlyn. Just wanted to thank you again for helping me and let you know I’m feeling a lot better.

I hesitated once more before I sent the message, biting my lip anxiously as I waited for an answer.

It’s no problem. Hope I can see you tomorrow. ;)

I smiled, putting my phone on my dresser before I climbed under the covers, closing my eyes and letting sleep take over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You should be so proud of me. :) Second update in the same day. I'm on a roll. xD Jk, but thank you so much for even reading this story. :) And remember, comments/recs/subscriptions are more then welcomed. ;)