Lunar Secrets

Chapter 5 - The Lotus

“Hey,” I greeted the guys as Kat and I approached the pair. “You guys sure cleaned up nicely,” I complimented, letting my eyes glance over the guys. Blake’s brunette hair was spiked up, a white v-neck shirt matched nicely with his dark washed jeans. Damon, on the other hand, had his hair messy, a black button down shirt with black jeans.

“You guys aren’t so bad yourself,” Blake said, winking at Kat playfully, who just rolled her eyes. Kat had a dark blue strapless dress on with a pair of black heels, her hair curled loosely like my own hair. I, on the other hand, opted to wear a black tube top, a red half jacket, black jeans and black wedges.

“So you guys ready to dance?” Kat asked, bouncing on her feet as a huge grin covered her face. I forced myself to look away from Damon, my cheeks turning a slight pink as I noticed Damon’s smirk aimed at me.

“What kind of club is this?” Blake asked, peering over the short line to the entrance of the club.

“It’s a dance club. Really, it’s the only club in the area for people under 21, so it’s not all that great, but they usually have awesome music.”

After we passed by security, showing the guy our ID’s and getting a green bracelet that told the bartender we couldn’t drink, we entered the crowded building. “Let’s go up,” Kat yelled to me. I just nodded my head and followed her to the second floor, where another dance floor was set up. “The Wobble” began playing over the speakers and Kat grinned at me, dragging me to the middle of the dance floor.

The hours flew by and Kat and I spent almost every song dancing with each other, smiling when guys started grinding up against us. Three hours after we arrived at the club, I finally pulled Kat off the dance floor for a much needed break. Thanking the barman for the glass of water, I scanned the crowd for the two guys that arrived with us to no avail.

“Kat! Do you see Blake or Damon around?” She shook her head, taking a sip from her own glass of water. I slid my phone out of my pocket and glanced at the time. 2:18.

“Let’s go find them,” I told her, placing my cup down on the table as I showed her the time. “I want to start heading home already.”

We walked around the crowded club over and over, no sign of Blake or Damon evident. “Maybe they headed downstairs?” Kat suggested, pointing over to the set of stairs. I followed her through the throng of dancers, slowly making our way downstairs. But after 20 minutes without seeing a sign of the guys, we had to call it quits.

“I can’t believe they left without saying anything,” Kat ranted as we left the club, my arms wrapped around my body as I watched Kat rant and rave about Blake and Damon.

“Maybe something came up and they had to leave. You saw how crowded the place was. It would have been difficult to find us if they were in a hurry.”

She harrumphed, but begrudgingly agreed with me. We walked down the street for in silence, just enjoying the warm night. Kat’s house was only a few blocks from the Lotus and we had just decided to walk to the club. But now, as I checked the time on my phone, I was regretting that decision more and more. I hated being out on the streets at night, especially around Kat’s neighborhood, which harbored a lot of clubs of all kinds.

“Calm down, Ash,” I jumped as Kat’s voice broke the silence. She chuckled as I glared at her, although I took a step closer to her as we continued on our journey. “You look like something’s going to come up and kill us. I’ve done this multiple times before.”

“That makes me feel so much better,” I told her, sarcasm dripping heavily from my words. “You know I hate walking around the streets at night.”

She shrugged her shoulders, linking her arm with mine. “Well, don’t worry. We have each other. I have some pepper spray in my purse.” She fished out a pink canister out of her purse, wiggling it in front of my face. “You have your phone. If someone comes, I’ll spray their face and you’ll just call 911.”

I sighed, but nodded my head. But then, a hand grabbed my shoulder, a hand much bigger and rougher than Kat’s. I screamed, turning on my heel. Kat screams was heard before I heard the hissing of a can, pain hitting me full force. Through the pain, I heard three very distinct voices. Kat, Blake and Damon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and late. I've been busy. "/ I'll try to update again this weekend with a much better and longer chapter. :P