Ups and Downs

Chapter 1

Tay
Ahh. The first day of school. The first day of sophomore year. I was excited and nervous at the same time. I had a great summer. Friends, beach, late nights, boyfriend. The usual summer activities. But I was ready for it to end. I was ready for a new year and a fresh start. I was putting the finishing touches on my make up when I heard a car horn from outside. I smiled to myself as I grabbed my bag and headed out the door.

"Bye, mom," I said as I gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, sweetie. Have a good day at school!" she called after me. I looked up to see my boyfriend leaning against the passenger door of his car with a smile on his face. I smiled and ran to him, leaping into his arms. He caught me and quickly found my lips.

"I've missed you," I mumbled against his lips before he sat me down. He had gone to some record label headquarters with his band for the last few weeks of summer.

"Eww, get a room," my older sister Sam said as she and my other sister and brother climbed into her car. I stuck my tongue out at her and Alex chuckled.

"I've missed you too. Now get into the car, I have a lot to tell you," he said excitedly as he opened his car door. Alex was a senior this year. That wasn't something I ever wanted to think about. He was leaving me in May. I didn't know if he would end up touring or going to college. Either way he would be gone and I would be here missing him like crazy. Alex turned down the music about half way to school.

"So..." I began.

"The band got signed," he told me happily. Well, it looks like he'll be leaving me for tour. I put on the best smile I could muster.

"That's great Alex."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm happy for you. You deserve this." I kissed him as we stopped at the last red light before school.

"Tay..."

"Oh, look! School! Better catch up with Cass and Sierra," I said as I quickly exited the car. I heard Alex sigh as I practically ran from the car.

"Tay!" he called after me. I didn't turn around or stop. I didn't want to ruin his dream with my feelings.

"Heyyyyy," Cass said as I approached her. I smiled and gave her a hug before turning to give Sierra a hug.

"You okay?" Sierra asked. I let out an exaggerated breath then turned to Cass.

"Has Rian told you yet?" I asked her.

"Yeah. He called me right after they got signed," she answered.

"What? They got signed? That's amazing!" Sierra said in shock.

"I know and I'm happy for him, but I'm gonna miss him," I sighed.

"I'm gonna miss Rian. But we'll get through it. Plus we have a whole year ahead of us before they leave," Cass comforted me. I nodded and grabbed my stuff.

"Well time for class."

~

"Hey, babe," Alex whispered in my ear before pushing me up against a locker and kissing me hard.

"Hey," I answered back once his lips finally left mine. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I'm happy for you. I really am. It's just that I'm going to miss you so much," I explained. Alex just kissed me again.

"Don't worry. I understand. But we have plans for Friday," he told me with a mischievous smile.

"Oh, really?"

"Yep. Jack is having a back to school party. I'll be picking you up at 8," he said as he left to his next class. I wasn't much of a party type, but I wanted to spend every chance I had with Alex.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story(: I'm going to try to be better about updating.