Ups and Downs

Chapter 12

Tay.

I groaned as I woke up to my alarm blaring. I couldn't believe it was already the first day of school. The first day of my junior year. I quickly got out of bed as Brooklynn started crying from her crib. Summer had gone by so quickly. Many days spent relaxing at the beach, recording new songs, and working long shifts. Alex had been home once about a month ago. I knew his tour was ending soon, but I wasn't sure when exactly. I got ready quickly and hurried down stairs where my mother was preparing breakfast.

"It's weird without Sam," Lindsey said as I switched between feeding Brooklynn and eating my own breakfast.

"It's a lot better without Sam," Devin joked. Lindsey death glared at him and threw a napkin. I couldn't help but laugh while my mom sighed heavily at them.

"It's your first day of school. Let's start the day without the triplet fighting, okay?" she requested and tickled Brooklynn a little. "Also, Tay you better get going. You need to drop Brooke off soon if you don't want to be late," my mom added. I nodded and cleared my dishes before grabbing Brooklynn.

"Bye, mom. Love you," I told her quickly before kissing her cheek. I grabbed the baby bag and my back pack before hurrying out the door. I arrived at the Gaskarth's house quickly. Isobel would once again be babysitting for me this year.

"Hello Taylor! And hi there little miss Brooklynn," Isobel greeted as I entered the house. I handed her Brooklynn and the baby bag.

"Thanks so much for watching her again this year, Mrs. Gaskarth," I said as I kissed Brooklynn.

"No problem, Tay. I love spending time with my granddaughter. I'll see you after school," she responded and smiled at me. I smiled back before heading out the door to school. I couldn't believe I was already a junior. I also couldn't believe everything I've been through in the past year. From the rocky relationship to having Brooklynn to joining a band. The whole year has been a whirlwind. I walked into the building to be immediately greeted by Cass and Sierra.

"Hey girl!" Cass squealed at me. I shook my head and hugged her and Sierra.

"You ready for the new year?" I asked them as we headed to our new locker assignments.

"Beyond ready. Last year was hell," Sierra answered.

"Couldn't agree more," I said.

"It's gonna be our year. I know it," Cass promised.

"I hope so."

Alex.

I bounced with excitement as our plane landed in Baltimore.

"Guys. Guys. Guys we're home. Finally. Home!" I exclaimed as we pulled up to the gate.

"Somebody's a little overzealous," Rian chuckled as he watched me stumble through the plane.

"I'm seeing my girlfriend and daughter for the first time in over a month! Of course I'm excited!" I shot back. The drive home seemed to take forever. I was dropped off at the Jardine household where I dropped off my suitcase before quickly grabbing my keys and hurrying to my parents's house. I burst through the door to see my mother holding a very sleepy Brooklynn.

"Who's that?" my mother cooed as she held Brooklynn to face me. Brooklynn's face lit up and she reached for me. I quickly crossed the room to where my mother was standing and took Brooklynn from her.

"Hi, baby girl. Did you miss me?" I said to her and kissed her forehead. "She's gotten so big," I breathed out as I looked over my daughter. Her eyes were exact replicas of Tay's and her hair was starting to show signs of Tay's natural waves.

"She certainly has. You also have perfect timing. She just woke up from a nap," my mother told me as she began to clean off the table. "Tay should be back in a couple of hours. Is she expecting you?" my mother asked. I shook my head.

"No. We all kept our homecoming a secret. I wanted to surprise her," I answered. She nodded and moved to the kitchen.

"Are you hungry?" I nodded at her while bouncing and looking at my daughter.

~

"Mrs. Gaskarth?" I heard Tay call from the front door. I sent my mother out ahead of me while I waited with Brooklynn in the other room. "Where's Brooklynn?"

"Right here," I answered and came around the corner. Tay's mouth dropped before she ran to me, throwing her arms tightly around my waist.

"You're home! You're finally home!" she cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Surprise," I mumbled before crashing my lips down on hers. Having the girl I loved in one arm and our perfect daughter in the other was the most incredible feeling. I would never get tired of coming home if it meant moments like this one.

~El Fin~
♠ ♠ ♠
There will be an epilogue, but this is the end. I'm really happy with how this story turned out. However I think this might mark the end of my writing career here on mibba.