Ups and Downs

Epilouge

Tay.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Brooklynn exclaimed as she pulled at the leg of my jeans. I was standing at the stove making breakfast and Alex was supposed to be keeping our hyper two year old in the living room out of my way.

"Brooklynn Rae! Let mommy cook!" Alex scolded her before scooping her up into his arms and blowing onto her tummy. Brooklynn giggled and squirmed around in his arms.

"How are you going to handle her on tour if you can't even watch her while I make breakfast?" I asked Alex with a sigh.

"Relax Tay. I will keep our baby safe and sound. You need to focus on writing this EP. First you need to focus on getting ready for graduation though," he responded and kissed my forehead. I served the eggs and bacon then placed the plates on the table.

"I know. I know. I'm glad we finished unpacking just in time for both of us to leave," I joked. A lot of changes had happened in the past few months. We Are The In Crowd had gotten signed, Alex and I got our own apartment, Brooklynn turned two, and I finally finished high school. I was excited for the next chapter of my life. I was glad I had Alex to share it with and I was glad I had a happy, healthy two year old that was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

"Your mom asked me about the wedding again," Alex told me. I groaned as I started to pack the baby bag for graduation.

"I don't want to think about that right now," I reminded him for the four hundredth time. Our parents had been very pushy recently about planning a wedding and deciding when we would have more kids and blah blah blah. They seem to have forgotten we're only eighteen and twenty.

"I want to be married within the next two years Tay," Alex said seriously.

"Alex," I sighed and turned to face him. He was holding our daughter and clearing the table. "We're so young. I've just started my music career. We have a toddler. I don't know if our schedules will allow for a wedding any time soon," I added as I turned back around. I really didn't want to be having this conversation right now. I felt Alex press himself against me.

"I love you, Tay. I want to be able to call you mine and have it recognized by everyone with a pretty little ring on your finger. I want you, Tay. Think about it," he whispered in my ear. I had chill bumps and could feel his breath lingering against my skin.

"Fine. And I love you too," I turned around and answered him, snaking my arms around his neck. He put his hands on my hips and leaned down to kiss me. Brooklynn managed to wedge herself between us and hugged my legs. I was going to miss these moments while we were apart.