‹ Prequel: Tongue Tied
Status: terminado

Unforgettable

Blindfolded

"Tom, where are we going?" Naima demanded.

It made her wary of being blindfolded for the countless hours she traveled with her best friend. Whenever she tried to remove the stupid thing, Tom would avert her hands from the knot that kept the cloth in place.

"I can't tell you Nai. It's a surprise." Tom replied as he moved her hands for the umpteenth time.

This would have been a perfect time to guilt trip Lucy into telling her where they were going, but sadly Lucy was swamped with her extra activities to even attend this so called surprise. Whatever it was, it probably cost a lot of money.

"I don't know why we are spending so much money for my birthday when I'm just one year closer to death. Nothing to celebrate."

Tom rolled his eyes at her dramatic nature, how can she make him feel guilty was a good advantage to have. She was pretty good at it too.

"I mean we can die on this...I have no idea what we are on; the point is I won't be able to find out if we were to die this instant-"

"Nai!" Tom hissed lowly. "Don't say such things. We're almost there."

Tom nervously smiled at the other passengers who either had confused or worried faces. He was so close to slipping and telling her where they were going, but he reminded himself that it will all be worth it in the end.

Once they arrived to their destination, the rain poured down harder giving the birthday girl a hint. "did we travel all day to the other side of England? You're not that great of a traveler Tom."

"We didn't travel around England...we are somewhere else." Tom had enough as he untied the blindfold.

Naimalet her eyes get adjusted after hours of being in the dark. Her mind started to reel as she looked all around her. Then it hit her as she looked back towards her blue eyed best friend. "Tommy, you shouldn't have."

Tom grinned like a fool, "Let's enjoy Ireland together hm? Before you head off to medical school next year."

They both smiled as they took their first steps in Dublin, Ireland.