‹ Prequel: Tongue Tied
Status: terminado

Unforgettable

Make the Best of it

Naima smiled widely as she took those steps off the stairs. "Are we really here?" This is the most excited Tom has seen Naima.

The smile that graced her lips could not be faked. "We are. Let's go to the hotel I reserved and get a bit settled in."

The flabbergasted girl nodded as she looped an arm around his and hailed a cab. The rain didn't let up as they drove into town, if it was possible it started to rain even harder. "What's with the weather? I thought it wasn't going to rain so much."

The cab driver chuckled as he peered behind him, "Afraid of a little rain?"

"He's not particularly fond of it." Naima jumped in, "The rain doesn't outshine the beauty of Ireland though. It's still spectacular."

The tension slowly eased from the driver when he heard the American accent drift into his ears. "Thanks lass. Sorry to say that you picked the worst week to fly in. It's the rainiest week this month."

Naima shrugged as she felt like the rain was soothing no matter how much it poured. "It's my birthday this week that's why." Tom continued to stay silent as Naima worked her magic.

It did bother him that she was so natural talking to the opposite sex. Tom was aware that his jealousy was a little out of hand when he wrapped an arm around her to claim her as his. The driver only smirked at the action, "We're here miss. Hope you enjoy your stay here."

Telling him thanks, she flew out of the car to gather their bags while Tom paid the man. Climbing out of the cab, he found Naima already standing at the entrance with the bags.

"Why didn't you wait for me? I could've gotten the bags." Tom looked at the soaked birthday girl. Her long brown hair clung to her face as her dark brown eyes looked up at him.

"Don't worry about it. Just sign us in, yeah?" Her teeth started to chatter as she wailed near the entrance. Naima looked around wondering what was going on. Taking a quick step on the waxed floor made her shoe slide form underneath her. She screamed in pain when she fell to the floor.

Gritting her teeth, she picked her upper body from the floor, tending to her ankle.

"Nai! Oh my God! Are you alright? Should I call 999?" Tom asked frantically.

Naima felt fine, her ankle was just sore from the slip. Helping her up, he accidentally pulled her up too fast, her shoes slid across the floor and she fell again. This time her sore ankle felt strained. Naima dismissed her best friend's help as she tried to get up on her own, putting weight on her wounded ankle made her bite her lip.

"I'm fine. Did you get the keys?"

Waiting for him to hand her the key to their room. Tom nervously said, "About that..."

"What happened?"

"The reservation fell through, they accidentally booked us in a room that was already taken."

"Aren't there other rooms?"

Tom replied there were no rooms in their price range. So they scoured the town to find a decent hotel to stay in. The farther out of town they were, the cheaper the price.

Finally, with a lump girl and frustrated man, they found a creaky old hotel that offered half the price he was going to pay, but the room was a nightmare. It barley had anything and when Naima went to lie down on the bed it creaked under her weight.

"...It's not bad." Naima sniffled before the dust around the room tickled her nose until she sneezed loudly.

Tom tried not to say anything as he hauled the bags further onto their tiny hotel room. Make the best of it, he said to himself. It won't be so bad.