Status: if you're reading this then you currently have eyes.

Down and Out of Luck

chapter no.4

**Zoey’s P.O.V***

I opened my eyes the next morning and realised that I felt way too comfortable. I felt around and I immediately knew that I was in a bed, I sat up and looked around, I was in my room, at Jimmy’s house, that was strange, I swear I fell asleep in the park. I got out of bed and looked at the clock that had been placed on the wall above the door, I was 11.00 am already!

I left the room and went downstairs; I found the kitchen and saw Jimmy sitting at the bar, eating eggs and bacon. My mouth started to water at the sight and my stomach grumbled, Jimmy turned around and smiled when he saw me “morning sleeping beauty” he said, winking at me. I frowned and looked at him, confusion clear in my eyes.

“What am I doing here?” I asked politely, sitting next to him, he chuckled “you worried me last night, you didn’t come home! I went out looking for you after everyone left and you had fallen asleep in the park” he grinned, but then sobered up “I really was worried, could you let me know next time you’re gonna disappear?” he asked, frowning.

I looked down and cleared my throat “I didn’t wanna be a burden” I murmured, “when you didn’t want your friends to know I was here I just figured that it was time for me to get going” I said, making a look of shock cross Jimmy’s face. “of course not! I just wanna get to know you, learn about you before I introduce you. My friends can come on a little strong, I just didn’t wanna scare you or anythimg. I also don’t want the press to get out of hand, my band can go through a lot of shit with this sort of stuff. If they find out about you, they would have a field say” he said “I’m sorry if I offended you” he frowned, but a grin spread across my face “oh! I thought you were trying to get rid of me, never mind” I ran and hugged him around the waist. He hugged me back automatically, but pulled away, grabbing my hand.

“come on!” he yelled, pulling me to what looked like the basement “what are you doing?” I asked, laughin slightly. “just come on!” he yelled, continuing to pull me down a flight of stairs. I gasped at the set-up, there were all kinds of musical instruments, drums, basses and guitars.

I walked up to a beautiful piano and ran my hand over the fine wood. I sat down and pulled up the lid “you play?!” jimmy asked happily, walking over to where I was. I smiled and nodded, my smile never fading, I placed my fingers on the fine keys, getting a feel for them. I took a deep breath and began to play the most complicated piece of music I had ever learnt, it felt good to play again. By the end of the piece, Jimmy’s mouth was wide open “what the fuck! That was fucking awesome! You’re amazing!” he yelled. I smiled “thank you!” I blushed, making him chuckle.

*****

Jimmy and I decided that I needed to find a job, to fill my time, and my pocket, so we spent the afternoon getting things ready, then spent the night dropping off a few applications at a couple of restaurants, and cafés. We then decided to get dinner at one of the fancy restaurant in town; I tried not to choose something too expensive, since Jimmy was paying.

“so… Zo! How old are you?” he asked, giving me a winning smile. I chuckled “I’m 17” his face dropped “I thought you were older, your parents just kicked you out?” he asked, sounding sad. I just nodded, looking down at my bowl of pasta. “I came home drunk and high a lot, they got sick of it, I don’t blame them” I said “ they didn’t want a kid either” I murmured under my breath. This made jimmy frown more, “well, I want you to stay with me for however long you wanna!” he grinned, reaching over and ruffling my hair.

*****

We got home that night and I couldn’t keep the smile off my face, someone wanted to be around me. I couldn’t wait to give out the rest of the job applications tomorrow; hopefully I’ll have a job by the end of the month! I thought of this as I put on a pair of boy shorts and one of Jimmy’s shirts, getting into my bed and falling asleep quickly. Things are finally starting to turn around.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DDD