Leave Me Your Stardust

life one. (part two)

You broke my heart anyway. Right after alcohol pooled my veins and you introduced me to your friends. I felt the urge to run and hide, but it wasn't the first time. Right after you offered me your hand, a mockery of the hope that lived inside of me, that maybe nothing could keep us apart anymore.

Right after you brought me to your motel room at 1 AM and no one else was around, when you whispered all your secrets like recited lyrics in my ear as you fucked me on a battered bed. When we were done you kept talking, from your senseless songs, to your disappointed father, to the war going on inside yourself. I wanted so badly to heal your wounds, but I couldn't.

It was my fault. If I had been strong enough, and brave, maybe I would have taken that time to reach inside your chest and take out all the parts that hurt, let you feel alive and new again. But my eyes could only water as I looked at what this life had done to you.

The morning I woke up, you were gone. Off somewhere to sing, and pretend. The daylight was blinding through the windows, but my head felt as dark as the alley where we met. Are you lost? I remembered your question. The truth stung as I clutched my chest.

The truth was, we both were.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment.