Status: Done

Too Far Gone

1/1

“Sir, I’m afraid your daughter is too far gone. Her condition is way too unstable, there is no chance of recovery.”
It burned like fire in my lungs, every breath I took. If my death hadn’t been this beautiful I would realize that there really was no chance. That’s what it felt like when I left. A beautiful last stroke of fire, one last mark made. I left them all, my father without a chance to say goodbye, my friends. I always thought that when I died I would get to see my mother. My ideas have changed.
January 14, 2012
Time of Death: 22:54
A beautiful death I died, I must say. I couldn’t have done better.
Cause of Death: Ballistic Trauma

I was shot. Fair enough. An arrow skewered through the heart and part of my right lung. A kebab I was. A beautiful kebab.

I died beautifully, in a hospital bed, alone. My last breath was like fire. My mind elsewhere and naïve, thinking I had a chance. As my lung folded in on itself and my heart gave up I was stupid enough to think I could make it. No, the bleeding, as my wounds poured; I watched as crimson and amber left 2 holes in my chest. Crimson and Amber intermixed, 2 liquids were hidden in my body this entire time, ready to be painted on a pale canvas of skin, the most beautiful artwork of all. I thought death would be like the overture in “Soylent Green”. I would lie on the softest bed, covered in a fuzzy blanket and I would drink a fabulous tasting liquid, which would lull me to sleep as I watch nature and music flood the room. I would be made into something afterwards, something of use. No, it really isn’t this way.

My tombstone says “Quinn Tylan Awburn
July 12, 1996-September 14, 2012
Beautiful daughter and sister”

My name always fascinated me because who would name a child both a boy and a girl name? Were they thinking that I would have been a boy so they could name me Tylan and if I were a girl I would be Quinn? Well, I was beautiful; from the very second they lowered me.
My mother said I was crazy with my ideas; but it’s okay, I don’t blame my parents.

It was obviously love that shot me. A passion of the insane they say.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for the Afterlife Contest by Shiznit
Enjoy!
(I forgot to mark drabble, it is a drabble)