it will rain

chapter one

Rain; that’s all you hear is the sound of rain falling on the roof of this old church. The pew beneath you is uncomfortable; it’s wooden frame digging into your spine. You look down at your hands and realize you've probably been twiddling your thumbs together for who knows how long. Looking to your left, you realize that your father’s been doing the same. Looking to your right, your mother is staring at her shoes, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

Why are they so upset?

All of a sudden you come to and you realize why you’re inside this old church, sitting in this irritating pew. You come to recognize the familiar faces sitting among you in this musty room. You stand up, eyes wide, and turn to your dad. You mouth the words, I need air, and swiftly walk down the long aisle; hundreds of faces looking at you strangely.

You burst open through the doors. The air succumbs to your lungs and you collapse onto the front steps of the church in a heap. Large, cool raindrops fall from the sky, trickling down your back. Behind you, footsteps approach slowly and you feel the presence of someone sitting down beside you.

You slowly start to sit up straight, your eyes still closed, and you breathe in deeply through your nose. The cool, autumn air fills your lungs.

“Open your eyes.” You hear a familiar voice say in a barely audible tone.

You do as the voice says and open your eyes slowly, revealing the gloomy sky. You turn to your right and see him sitting there. Instantly, a huge lump forms in your throat and your eyes burn with tears. Every sense of agony has now been dispersed.

“Hi,” he says with that cheeky grin on his face. His eyes look greener than they ever have before.

You reach out and touch his face, your fingertips glide down his cheeks. As you abruptly begin to sob, you feel his strong arms holding you close.

“Don’t cry.” He says softly into your ear.

“Why did you leave me? I needed you and now you just...”

“I’m not here, y/n. I’m not really here.”

You pull back and look into those green eyes with confusion. “What do you mean you’re not here? I can feel you Harry. You’re here.” You let out a small snigger and return to the comfort of his arms.

“I’m sorry I wasn't there when you needed me before, but this way, I’ll always be here when you need me. It’s better like this.” He says quietly.

Then you remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
*whenever you see y/n, just add your own name