Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

first.

Blair Obray sipped her coffee nervously. She didn’t like coffee much, but she felt that the extra caffeine was necessary for what she was about to endure. Her idea of hell on earth was finally facing him after two years. And that’s exactly what she was about to do.

The seat across from her at the little table at the small café was empty. Just waiting for an occupant to sit down. Her light brown eyes glared at the chair that was taunting her. Blair’s fingers found the end of her long brown hair, twisting them in her fingertip. It was her nervous habit. Boy, was she nervous.

Her eyes shut as the memories fell over her like a violent rainstorm. “I love you, Liam.” She whispered, her hand rubbing along his bare chest. It was rising and falling steadily. His heartbeat sounded into her ear. He was totally and completely hers in this one perfect moment.

“I love you too, Blair. Forever.” His full lips pressed into her freckled forehead. They both sighed, blissfully happy. Blair drifted into a peaceful sleep with Liam rubbing patterns on her naked back. He had just given her his virginity. And she had given him hers.

And it was brilliant. Fueled by love and trust instead of just teenaged hormones. There was no place they would have rather been.


They were both so naïve back then. Especially Blair. She was just 15 years old when she fell in love with Liam. Neither of them understood how long forever really was. She tried to convince herself that she did because she loved him so much, but she didn’t.

Forever came crashing down around them the second the pregnancy test read positive. She heard someone clear his throat off to the side. Startled, she looked up to see him. Liam Payne.

His hands were shoved into the pockets of his jeans and his lips were set in a thin line. Blair couldn’t see his expression because his eyes were concealed behind sunglasses, like her own. She pulled her glasses off and glared at him.

She indicated that he could sit. He obliged slowly. They had yet to say anything. “What do you want?” She finally snapped at him. He opened his mouth as if to say something, but closed it again. “Well?” She demanded. Blair had no intention of being civil.

“How is he?” He finally asked softly, playing with a napkin that was placed at his setting. Liam hadn’t taken his glasses off, but Blair could tell that he wasn’t look at her.

“Oh, brilliant, Liam! You remembered!” She clapped her hands mockingly. Blair had no intention of answering him. He flinched and sunk lower in the chair. Finally removing his glasses, his brown eyes met Blair’s.

“That’s not fair, Blair.” He said. She thought he sounded like a complete coward.

“Not fair? That’s really rich. What’s with the sudden interest?” She asked, narrowing her eyes in his direction.

“Seriously? You were the one that told me to stay away. Don’t act like I just up and left.” He spat, voice low.

“But you did.” She said, her tone matching his.

“I called. I sent letters. I talked to your parents for gods sake. I did everything I could think of, Blair.” His large hands formed fists on the table, and smacked it. The glass clacked together from the impact.

“Everything but come back.” She told him with all the hate she could muster. His expression fell instantly and she smiled on the inside, knowing that she had won that round.

“You never asked me to!”

“You never tried.” She felt bad, sitting here throwing around accusations. Blair realized this must be hard for him, but she was still pissed. She began to stand up. “Look, I don’t want to sit here and argue. So if that’s all you wanted-“

“No!” He interrupted quickly, causing her to sit back down.

“Well, get on with it then. I don’t have all day.” She said impatiently. Her eyes searched his face. He looked flustered and uncomfortable. This was a side of Liam that she didn’t know.

“I want to meet him.” He stated firmly, looking her directly in the eyes. Her nostrils flared, indicating her anger.

“Over my dead body.” She told him slowly. Who the hell did he think he was?

“Leaving you and Jordie is my biggest regret, Blair.”

“It’s a little late for this, Liam. You have absolutely no right to know him, or to tell me you regret leaving. It has been too long.” She hissed, leaning across the table the throw words into his face.
“Don’t be like this, please. He’s my son. I have every right to know him.” He pleaded, his pretty face looked genuinely sad.

“There is no chance in hell that you will get anywhere near my son. Don’t even think about it.” She stood up angrily and threw her chair out.

“Blair, please just-“ He was standing up now to, holding his hands out as if he was going to grab her. At his second protest, she grabbed his shirt into her fist. He looked shocked.

“You want to fight me on this, Liam? I guarantee you will regret it. Your pretty little boy band, your lovely girlfriend, and all your adoring fans will know what a complete bastard you are. You are nothing but a deadbeat dad who abandoned his child for fame. I will make sure the whole world sees you for who you truly are.” She threatened, her voice venomous. She pulled him even closer, her nose almost brushing his. “Do you understand me?”

Liam sighed, removing his hand from his shirt. Frankly, it angered him that she had the nerve to threaten him. “This isn’t over, Blair.”

“Trust me. It is.” She spun around and walked away quickly. Liam wanted to call out to her again. He wanted to convince her to change her mind. But he didn’t know what to say to her. Even after two years, he didn’t know what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
well. here's an idea. in all the fanfics i've read that involve children, they have girls. so meh. here is a boy!
it would be great if ya'll would tell me what you think...is it worth pursuing? or should i bag it?
anywho...thanks for reading:)