Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

eleventh.

A few days after their steamy kiss, Blair dropped Jordie off at Liam’s flat for the day. She told him that it was good for them to spend time together, so she let Liam watch him when he had free time. Which was rare, but he always worked around it in order to see Jordie.

He was in the process of getting Jordie lunch when there was a knock on the door. Liam was surprised; he wasn’t expecting Blair so soon. And he didn’t know why she would knock; she usually used the key he’s given her. He’d been trying to work out something say to her that didn’t make him sound like a complete idiot and was suddenly very nervous at the thought of seeing her again.

He sat the half sandwich that he had made Jordie on the tray of his high chair before he went to answer the door. The little boy was left alone in the kitchen to work on his sandwich and apple juice.

Liam wiped some stay peanut butter onto his jeans before he pulled the door open. To say he was surprised to see Danielle on the other side was an understatement. She had a sad smile on her face as she greeted him. “Hey, Li.”

“Uh, hey. Danielle. What are you doing here? How did you know where I lived?” He asked her, staying in the doorway. Liam made no indication that he was going to let her in.

“El gave me the address. I was hoping we could talk. You know, get some closure.” Said, running a hand through her thick curls.

“The months since we last talked was enough closure for me, Danielle.” Liam told her coldly. She was a little taken aback by his attitude towards her. She had hoped that he still liked her enough to at least talk to her.

“Please, Liam. Just a few minutes.” She pleaded, stepping closer.

“Now isn’t the best time.” He said, turning his head and looking back into the apartment. Danielle’s face fell.

As if on queue, Jordie voice called out to Liam. “DAD!” He called somewhat urgently. Liam’s head snapped back into the apartment when he heard his tone.

Danielle’s mouth fell open when she heard someone call Liam “dad.” She never expected that to be Liam’s life. She had always thought that she and Liam would have kids together in the future. It didn’t seem likely anymore.

“DADDY!” Jordie called again. Liam looked back at Danielle and felt bad when he saw the look on her face. With a sigh, he opened the door and allowed her to come inside. Once she stepped in, Liam shut the door quickly and went into the kitchen where Jordie was sitting in his chair, his tiny legs swinging as he waited for Liam.

“What is it, bud?” Liam asked when he came back to the kitchen. Liam laughed when his small finger pointed to the sipppy cup that had fallen from the tray. He bent over and picked it up, putting it back in front of Jordie after he wiped it off.

“Thank you.” Jordie said, smiling at his dad. Liam rubbed his head in response as Jordie continued eating his sandwich. Danielle cleared her throat behind him. He spun around, startled by her presence. He’s momentarily forgotten she was there.

“He looks just like you.” She said with a tight smile. Danielle couldn’t help it. She was jealous. Someone else was the mother of Liam’s child. She had spent so much time thinking that would be her. It broke her heart to see that it wasn’t true.

“Yeah.” Liam said uncomfortably, sticking his hands in his pockets.

“Who’s that?” Jordie asked Liam, watching the stranger shift her weight awkwardly on her feet. Danielle suddenly regretted coming here. She had wanted to beg Liam to take her back, but seeing him like this, seeing his son, it just wasn’t right anymore.

“I’m Danielle.” She said, waving at the little boy. He waved back, but paid her no more mind as he took a drink of his juice.

Liam pointed to the living room, leaving Jordie alone again. “I wanted to thank you for keeping all of this quiet. I know you were mad at me. I appreciate you not saying anything.” Liam told his ex-girlfriend. He really was grateful and had wanted to thank her if he ever saw her again.

She shrugged. “It wasn’t my place to say anything. I’m sorry I came here. I don’t know what I was expecting to happen. You’ve obviously moved on and I should do the same.” Danielle tried to rush the words out before she sobbed.

Liam took a step toward the crying girl, but she backed up. “Dani, I’m sorry about the way things ended.” He said to her as she wiped her tears on the sleeve of her jacket.

“Me too, Liam. I’m sorry I let you go so easily.” She made her way to the door. “Have a good life. You deserve it. You both do.” She pointed in the direction of the kitchen. Before he could say anything else, the door shut was gone.

Liam just stood in the same spot for a few moments, mulling over what had just taken place. He realized in that moment that he hadn’t once missed Danielle since the breakup. Usually people feel that loss, especially after they were together for so long.

But he didn’t. All he thought about was Blair. He smiled at the thought of her. Her long hair that only curled slightly, always giving her face a messy frame. Her dark freckles that covered her face. Her plump bottom lip that was always so kissable. Her two front teeth that stuck out slightly the rest.

She was perfect. She had given him so much in his life. His first kiss. His first love. His first time. His first heartbreak. And most importantly, a beautiful son that he loved with all of his heart. He couldn’t help being even more in love with her than he had been when he was 16.

When she arrived at his flat a few hours later to pick up Jordie, Liam’s stomach erupted in butterflies. Her sweet scent invaded his senses first. She always smelled like cinnamon and apples. He turned his head to watch her make her way over to Liam and Jordie, who were on the floor together.

She sat down next to Liam, crossing her legs Indian style and asked Jordie how his day was. He happily reported that he had a good time. Blair smiled at that, then looked at Liam and asked the same question.

Instead of answering her question, he grabbed her face and pulled her in for a kiss. She was surprised, but she didn’t pull away. She let his soft lips move against her for a few perfect moments.

When Liam allowed them to part, he kept her face in his hands and looked into her eyes. Blair felt her entire body turn to Jell-O as she looked into the depth of his brown irises. While she was reluctant to fall back in love with him, looking at him still made her all giddy. She felt her resolve weaken as his chocolaty orbs gazed right into her.

“I love you.” Liam whispered, leaning his mouth close enough to hers that their lips brushed as he spoke the sweet words. He sealed his declaration with another light kiss. Blair let out a shaky breath once he pulled away from her complexly, giving his attention back to their son.
♠ ♠ ♠
short. but fluffy:)
i decided to do this over my history homework! woohoo!!!
so. what'd ya'll think of Dani? I think she's really awesome. I was definitely one that was very sad when they broke up for reals:( anyway.
comments and suggestions would be cool. ya know, if you want.
So I started a newNiall story. I had one going...but I got bored of it...so i'm starting a new one. I would really be happy if you took a look!
anyway...thanks for reading and commenting. it makes me happy:D