Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

twelfth.

“Tell Ben to babysit tonight.” Liam told Blair over the phone. He had called her and started speaking even before she had a chance to give a proper hello.

“Why?” Blair asked, catching her hair in her fingers.

“Because. I’m taking you on a date.” He replied with a chuckle.

“A date? Why?” She realized that she should probably not say “why” to everything he said, but she couldn’t help it.

“How am I supposed to make you fall in love with me if I don’t work for it?” She could imagine his perfect lips pulling into a crooked smile as he spoke. It made her flush to think about it.

“I didn’t think you were serious about that.” Blair was nervous about the whole situation. It wouldn’t be that hard to fall in love with him again. And she couldn’t decide if he was just trying to prove a point.

“Of course I was. I’m very serious. Which is why Ben it baby sitting tonight and I’m picking you up at 7.” She wanted to go out with him. She really did. But she didn’t want to be seen in public with him just yet. That would only end badly.

“Liam, I don’t know if that’s such a good I idea.” She said softly. Saying no to Liam was very difficult.

“Don’t worry. Please, just do this for me.” He begged her. She could tell how much he wanted this to happen just by his tone.

“Okay. Seven.”

“Great. I’ll see you tonight. I love you.” After he said that, he hung up. He had been doing that quite often. Liam was always telling her he loved her ever since their kiss in the kitchen. She loved the way it sounded coming from him, but it scared her so bad.

***


“Come outside.” Liam whispered into the phone. He was standing underneath Blair’s bedroom widow, shivering in the night air.

“Liam, its two in the morning!” Blair’s voice was thick with sleep as she gave her reply. Liam smiled at the sound.

“I’m aware. Now come outside.” He saw a light in her window turn on, indicating that she was waking up.

“Why?”

“Don’t ask why. Just come outside.” He heard her sigh. The drapes covering the window pulled away and he could make out the outline of her figure.

“What are you doing here?” He heard her laugh. It amused her that he had showed up at her house in the small hours of the morning. She had agreed to go on a date with Liam the day before and it seemed like he was getting an early start.

“I’m taking you on a date.” He told her, lifting his hand to wave at her.

“What could you possibly have planned at two in the morning?” She asked, her tone incredulous.

“Come outside and find out.” He challenged. Despite her reservations, Blair agreed. She pulled grabbed a pair of boots and her warm coat before slipping out of her bedroom. Her heart was racing. She had never snuck out of the house before.
She slowly crept down the stairs and pulled the front door open as quietly as she could. Liam was standing on the walkway, arms folded over his chest, and a triumphant grin on his face.

She slipped her shoes on before skipping down the steps to meet him. He offered her his hand and she took it. They both blushed at the feeling of their fingers interlocking for the first time.

“Look at you, getting innocent girls to sneak out in the middle of the night. I never pegged you for a bad boy, Liam.” She teased, inching closer to him. The breeze was ice cold and she was desperate for more heat.

“I’m just being spontaneous.” He chuckled, a little flustered by her teasing.

“I like it. I like this side of you. It’s dangerous and intriguing.” Liam laughed at her response. He never would have imagined doing something like this for any other girl. But he has the feeling that he had to do something drastic to keep her attention.

“That’s what I was going for. “ He was so glad that she liked it. He knew she would, but hearing her say it made him feel amazing.

“Where are we going?” She asked him as he pulled her through the streets of their sleeping town. There was almost no activity going on and every time their shoes hit the pavement it echoed through the streets.

“You’ll see.” He said, sending her a mischievous grin. She blushed at the look. She was very interested in Liam before. He was cute and nice and very fun to be around. But she had never expected something like this from Liam and she loved it. Blair loved that he was unexpected.

She was confused when they came to a park. Blair stopped walking to gaze into the dark playground. It looked pretty creepy in that lighting. Liam tugged her along into the play area. He dropped her hand when they came to a swing set. They stood in front of the empty seats for a moment, not saying anything.

“Go on. Sit.” He told her, placing a hand on the small of her back and nudging her forward. Once she did he took a seat on the swing next to her. Blair shivered when her hands wrapped around the cold metal chains.

“You’re absolutely mental, Liam Payne.” She told him, confused as to why he brought her here.

He smirked rolled on his feet, giving himself some swing without his feet leaving the ground. “Remember yesterday when I asked you out?” He said after a long pause.

“Yeah?” She replied, turning her head to look over at him. He kept his gaze trained forward, so she just watched his profile move back and forth.

“You said you would go out with me...” He began waiting for her to catch on.

“I did.”

“And then you said, ‘I intend to find out everything about you.’” Liam looked over at her and met her eyes in the dim light.

“And this pertains to that how?”

“Sometimes when I can’t sleep, I come to the park and sit on the swings. I especially like to do it in the winter. I love the way cold sounds, you know? Everything is really still and absolutely silent.” He said seriously, his eyes not leaving hers.

He put his finger to his lips, as if he was saying ‘shhh’ and tipped his head back, gazing into the sky. Blair did the same, and let out a small gasp when she looked up. There were so many stars scattered across the sky, so many more than she had ever seen in her life. She knew that she would never have seen anything like this if it weren’t for Liam, and that made her heart flutter.

“You are pretty amazing, you know that?” She said after a moment. She had never in her life heard a boy be so honest and thoughtful. He didn’t just tell her he liked it, she showed her why he liked it. Blair felt like Liam was making an effort to make her a part of his life, and that made her feel really special.

“You think?” He said, a shy smile teasing his lips.

“I do.” Blair got up from her swing and planted herself in front of Liam, who was swinging back towards her. She placed her hands on his shoulders to stop him from knock her over.

Blair but her icy hands on his cheeks and leaned in close. Liam caught on and grabbed her waist, tucking her in between his legs so that she was as close as possible. “Kiss me.” She whispered, voice trembling.

Liam responded immediately, pressing his lips to hers. It was a first kiss for both of them. They were shocked at the unfamiliar feeling of lip on lip. But they would be lying if they said it sucked. It was the most amazing thing.

The feeling of Liam’s soft lips on hers was the most earthshattering experience of Blair’s life. Nothing has ever felt so terrifying yet so perfect simultaneously. Up until the moment, Blair didn’t know that she could feel so many things at one time.

“Wow.” Liam smiled, resting his forehead on hers after they broke the kiss.

“That was some kiss.” She said quietly. Her hands hand moved to the back of his neck and her fingers played with the hair on the back of his neck. “This date has been amazing. You blew me away.”

“Good.” He placed his lips on hers again, and it was just as good, maybe even better, than the first.


***


There was a light tap on the door at seven o’clock sharp. Blair was in the process of putting on Jordie pajamas, which was always a battle, so Ben answered the door.

“Hey, man.” Ben greeted his old friend warmly.

“Hey. Thanks for doing this tonight. It’ll be nice to have some time alone, just me and Blair.” Liam told Ben, clapping him on the back.

“Sure thing. No funny business, alright?” Ben pointed a finger at him in mock seriousness, trying to imitate a father. They both laughed at the joke.

They looked up and saw Jordie come into the hallway, wearing only the bottoms to his batman pajamas. “Daddy, tell mum I don’t have to go to bed!” He demanded, running up to Liam and grabbing his legs.

Blair came out a few seconds later looking irritated, holding Jordie’s small shirt in her hand. Liam picked Jordie up and settled him on his hip. “Did you run away from mum?” Liam asked his son, giving him a stern look.

Jordie buried his face into Liam’s neck, not answering him. Blair shook her head. “He is impossible.” She said to Liam, running her hand over the smooth skin of Jordie’s bare back.

“Will you at least put on your pajamas?” Liam asked this Jordie, who was still hiding his face. The little boy shook his head. Liam tried not to laugh at how adorable the scene he was being.

“Put on your pajamas and you can stay up as late as you want.” Blair bargained with him. Jordie looked up at Blair, considering the deal. After a moment he lifted his arms and allowed Blair to put the shirt over his head.

“Be good.” Blair said to Jordie, placing a kiss on his head. Jordie nodded at her and gave her a grin.

“Love you.” He said, putting his small hands on her face. Blair smiled at the boy and took his hands in hers.

“Love you more.” She responded, kissing his nose softly. When she pulled away, Liam sat Jordie back in his feet.

Liam crouched down so he could look Jordie in the face. “Goodnight, bud.” Liam said to Jordie, kissing his head softly.

“’Night, dad. Love you!” He told Liam before scurrying away, determined to relish his night of freedom.

“Get out of here.” Ben told them, shoving them towards the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
awkward place for a flashback? i couldn't decide where i wanted to put it...but i felt it was necessary. their second first date will talke place in the next chapter! i don't know what i want them to do...any ideas?? thoughts on the chapter? comments would be greatly appreciated:)
thanks for reading!!!!