Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

fourteenth.

Liam’s phone started rigging at two in the morning. It scared him out of a peaceful sleep. His mind still groggy, he allowed his clumsy hands to fumble around in search of the phone. He finally retrieved it and answered it when he saw who was calling.

“Blair?” He asked sleepily, sitting up slightly.

“Liam.” She sobbed. The sound of her voice woke him up completely.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong?” He demanded, not trying to turn on his bedside lamp while remaining calm.

“It’s Jordie…” She hiccupped.

“What’s wrong! He is he okay?” He practically yelled, jumping off the bed. He immediately thought the worst. His pulse was quickened and he was hysterical. Liam didn’t know what he would do if something happened to Jordie.

“He’s got the flu.” She clarified. This calmed his reeling mind. “He’s been up all night crying and he’s throwing up and Ben is out of town. I can’t…” She was interrupted by a scream. Far off he heard her trying to soothe him. “Can you please just…I’m about to lose my mind.”

“I’ll be there soon.” He told her. Frantically he ran around the room trying to find pants to slip into. Once he was fully dressed he grabbed his keys and ran out of the flat. His heart was still racing. He arrived at her place in record time. Soon he was knocking at the door.

When Blair opened the door he sighed. Her hair was pulled up and sticking in a million different directions. Her clothes were rumpled. Her eyes were puffy from crying and there were heavy bags under her eyes. He pulled her into his arms immediately. Her body relaxed against him instantly.

“Thank you for coming.” She sighed. Blair was exhausted. She hadn’t gotten any sleep and the sound of Jordie’s crying was about to make her go mental. She felt horrible that he was sick, but she was at the end of her sanity. “It’s so hard to do this alone.”

Liam rubbed her back in a circular motion as she breathed against him. He could tell that’s all she needed. She just needed someone to hold her and let her breathe. “Go lie down. I’ll take care of him.” He whispered against her head.

Blair nodded, accepting the idea. He followed her through the flat to where the bedrooms were located. She placed a soft kiss on his cheek and muttered a weak thank you before stumbling into her bedroom. Through the open door he saw her collapse on the bed. He smiled at the sight.

His thoughts were interrupted by a series of miserable sobs coming from Jordie’s room. Liam went in and his heart nearly broke at what he found. Jordie was lying on his bed, curled up in a tight little ball. He blanked was clutched in his grip and his small shoulders shook with his cries.

“Hey bud.” Liam said softly, pulling him into his arms. “What’s wrong?” He asked, brushing his hair off his clammy forehead.

“My tum-um-my hu-u-rts!” Jodie wailed, burying his face into Liam’s chest. Liam rubbed his son’s back, just like he had done for Blair. He didn’t really know what else to do. He’s never taken care of a sick child before.

Jordie continued his violent sobs. Liam was surprised such powerful noise could come from someone so small. He felt sick to his stomach listening to it. They sounded so painful and strenuous. Liam just wanted to take all the pain from Jordie and feel it himself.

Liam placed his hand on Jordie’s burning cheek and groaned. He didn’t know what to do or what to say. At a loss for anything else to do, Liam started to hum. The second he started, he felt Jordie loosen. His sobs turned to hiccups and his eyes drooped closed.

Luckily, Jordie was just as exhausted as Blair was. As Liam rubbed patterns into his back his breathing grew even. The feeling of being held in Liam’s arms and the soft vibrations from his humming distracted Jordie from the pain long enough to slip into a much-awaited sleep.

Liam shifted carefully. He didn’t want to disturb his sleeping son. As gently as he could, he lowered him back onto his bed. The second Jordie mad contact with the mattress, he curled back up into a tight ball. Liam grinned at him as he pulled a blanket over his small frame.

Once he was all tucked in, Liam settled back onto the floor. Jordie’s bed was close to the ground, so Liam was able to lay he arms on the edge. He rested his chin on his forearms and watched Jordie’s sleeping face. His son’s serene face was the last thing he saw before he slipped into a slumber himself.

***


Blair sat up in her bed. Light was streaming through the windows making her squint. She rubbed the sleep out of her eyes as she tried to gather her groggy thoughts. After she was able to compose herself she slipped out of bed to go check on Jordie.

She stepped into his bedroom and giggled at what she found. Jordie was fast asleep, tucked comfortably in his bed. Liam on the other hand, looked very uncomfortable. Half of his body was lying on the ground, while his upper half was laid across Jordie’s small bed.

“Liam.” She whispered, leaning over into his ear so he could hear her. He made no movement so Blair placed a hand on his shoulder, shaking him gently. “Hey, Liam.” She whispered again. This time he heard her and started to pull out of his sleep.

He looked up and met Blair’s eyes. They were sparkling with humor. She looked a lot better this morning than she did last night. He started to move then winced in pain. His back was cramped and his legs were numb. “Jesus.” He cursed as he recoiled at the ache.

Blair giggled again. “If it’s any consolation, you looked adorable.” She said quietly, offering him her hand. Liam was eventually able to pull himself to his feet. He rubbed his sore back and bent over so it would pop. Blair turned and motioned with her hand that he was to follow.

They went into the kitchen and she started to prepare some coffee. “I’m really sorry I called you like that last night.” She said to him while he settled into a barstool.

“I’m glad you did. I told you I want to be a part of this. I meant all of it. The good and the bad.” Blair nodded. She tugged at her baggy nightshirt, unsure of what to do.

“He’s been sick for a couple days. Just fever and sore throat. The doctor said it should pass pretty quickly. But last night he was miserable. He was vomiting all day and on top of everything else…I’m sure he was in hell.” She said, pulling mugs out of the cupboard so they would be ready when the coffee finished brewing.

“I’ll bet.” Liam nodded.

“He was inconsolable. I wasn’t planning on calling you originally, I didn’t know if you had to work today or what. But he kept asking for you. You really mean a lot to him, you know.” Blair said, stepping closer so she could look into his eyes. “You mean a lot to all of us.”

Liam smiled and stood up. Ignoring the protests from his sore body he closed the distance between them. He slipped his hands under her shirt, just enough to they could settle on the bare skin of her waist. He pulled her close so her body was right against his. After a pause, he leaned down to capture her lips.

She pulled away and crinkled her nose. Liam raised his eyebrows in confusion. He suddenly worried that she would tell him to get lost. “I have morning breath.” She told him, keeping her head at a distance.

Liam chuckled at her response and lifted on hand from her waist to cup her cheek. He ran a thumb over her cheekbone and smirked at her. “So do I.” He said huskily. Liam pulled her swiftly back to him and kissed her lips before she could refuse.

She gave up protesting at the feeling of the kiss. It always felt so perfect. Forgetting all about her morning breath she gave in to him. Her arms wrapped around his neck and he placed both hands on her hips once more. They pulled apart after a few blissful minutes. “I could get used to this.” He muttered as she slipped out of his grip.

They poured their coffee and started to prepare a breakfast. They moved around each other, occasionally stealing kisses. It felt completely normal, almost as if they woke up together every morning.
♠ ♠ ♠
this was kinda short. i apologize. but now that we've established that liam is perfect i can kinda move on past this. blair still hasn't fallen back in love, his relationship with the boys is still rocky and the world doesn't know.
i've been playing with that idea... i think i want to make it really scandalous. like they get caught before they're ready to tell, you know? i think that'd be juicy.

let me know what you think? feedback would rock my world.