Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

seventeenth.

Liam and Blair held hands on the walk to the door to her flat. Since they weren't public yet, their idea of a night out was a night in without Jordie. Neither minded though. Liam would much rather have her all to himself than share him with the rest of the world.

They stepping inside Blair's flat, laughing at something Liam was saying. The lights were all on which seemed strange to Blair because she remembered turning them off. She and Liam exchanged confused looks and walked deeper into the flat. "Oh god! I'm so sorry!" Blair exclaimed when they stepped into the living room. Ben was on the couch lip locked with some guy Blair had never met.

"B! I thought you said Liam was taking you out tonight!" Ben said, pulling away from the guy. They both flushed and looked really embarrassed.

"No, I said Liam and I had a date and we’re going to use the flat." She clarified.

"Well, that's awkward." Ben said sheepishly, straightening his clothes and standing up, pulling the stranger with him.

"B, this is Mark. He's the guy I've been telling you about." Ben told her, pointing to him. "Mark, this is my best friend Blair and her...uh...and that's Liam." Ben now realized that he didn’t know what Liam and Blair were. They were so private, labeling was impossible.

"Oh. It's nice to finally meet you." Blair said to Mark, walking over to him with her hand extended. "Ben has said nothing but good things about you."

"Nice to meet you as well." Mark said, returning the handshake.

Liam followed after Blair and shook Mark's hand. Mark looked like he was about to explode. He had an adoring grin that he sent in Liam’s direction. "Hey, mate. Sorry we interrupted." Liam said with a chuckle after he finished the handshake.

"Oh my god. Don't even worry. It's not every day Liam Payne randomly shows up." He said excitedly, staring at Liam. "I'm a really big fan!" Blair laughed. Ben always went for the more feminine types of guys. He said it tempered his masculinity.

"Thanks." Liam said bashfully, looking away.

"Well, we'll leave you to it." Ben said, taking Marks and and retreating out of the flat. "Behave!" He shouted over his shoulder then pulled the front door shut behind them. Liam and Blair laughed when they were alone.

"I wish I could say that was the first time that happened." She giggled. "I always walk in on him." She shuddered, remembering past instances. This time was less reveling, which she was grateful for.

"What do you want to do?" Liam asked her, pulling her into his arms. He placed a soft kiss on her lips and smiled at her. Blair closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest.

"I just want you to hold me.” She said, her voice slightly muffled from his shirt. Liam smiled at the request and kissed her on the head. Blair loved just being near Liam. She always felt so safe. She took a deep breath, nervous about what she was about to say to him.

“Liam.” She said, pulling away from him a little so she could make eye contact with him. “I-“ She started, then stopped. “I think we should order pizza.” She finally suggested.

“Okay?” He replied, a little confused by the awkwardness of her statement. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed the pizza place. He had Blair’s favorite pizzeria on speed dial because she wanted pizza all the time.

Blair sat down on the couch and tried to compose herself. She didn’t understand why she was so nervous to tell Liam how she felt. She had been trying for weeks to come up with the words, but came up short. She was so worried that she would tell him she loved him and it would all go wrong.

Liam plopped down next to her and snaked his arm around her waist. “It’ll be a while.” He told her. Blair nodded, she suddenly really hungry. She always got hungry when she was absolutely terrified.

“We could watch a film, or see what’s on television, or….” Liam trailed off, his lips focusing in on Blair’s lips. She grinned when she noticed what he wanted. She rolled her eyes and leaned in, connecting their lips.

He smiled into the kiss and pushed her down gently so he could hover over her. It was hard to adjust to a comfortable position on the couch, but they figured it out without breaking the kiss. His warm hand cupped her cheek softly, keeping her in place.

Blair’s body temperature was rising significantly and her breathing grew labored. She knew they should slow down, but it was so hard to push him away. He coaxed her lips open with his tongue, and this kiss was deepened. They explored each others mouths slowly, but urgently.

Time seemed to have slipped away. It always did when Liam kissed Blair. They got lost in their own little world and everything else carried on around them. But they took no notice. There was a knock on the door that they both knew was the pizza.

Blair pulled away excitedly at the thought of food, while Liam grumbled at being interrupted. She slipped out from underneath him and rushed to the door. He heard a faint conversation she had with the delivery person. She returned to the couch with a box and a huge smile.

“I love pizza.” She said happily.

“I know.” Liam chuckled at her. Blair sat down next to him once more and dug into the pizza. As she chewed contently, her mind wandered back to what she wanted to say to Liam. She ate in silence, working over the words in her head.

When she was finished, she watched Liam finish his final slice. He sent her odd look, confused as to why she was starting at him with such intensity. “Are you okay?” He asked her after he swallowed the last bit.

Blair nodded vigorously, casing her hair to flip all over the place. “Liam.” She stated firmly.

“Blair.” Liam replied in the same tone.

“I’m really glad you’re back in my life. You’ve been so great with Jordie and with me. You treat me like…I dunno. You’re just so sweet to it and me just make me feel like…like something could work. And I think about the future and I just want to be with you. I can’t even imagine anything else…and I’m just babbling like an idiot…”

Liam’s face broke into a smile so wide it looked painful. “Just say it.” He insisted tenderly. He was having a hard time keeping himself under control.

Blair smiled. That’s when all her inhibitions disappeared. Liam knew what she was going to say even before she said it. He was the one. She knew it. Her body was buzzing from the top of her head to her toes.

“I love you, Liam. I love you so much it hurts. I love your smile and I love the way I fit into your arms. I love your earlobes and your fingers and the way your eyes crinkle when you laugh. I love the mistakes we’ve made together. I love every single time you’ve ever made me smile. I love how Jordie grows more and more to be just like you. I love everything about you. ” She stopped and took a deep breath. “Oh god. I love you.”

Liam’s smile never faltered as he listened to her speak. And when she stopped, he pulled her into his chest tightly. “You don’t know how long I’ve wanted to hear you say that.” He said breathlessly, still astonished at her revelation.

“You have no idea how long I’ve been wanting to say it.” There was something different now. It had happened so suddenly, but it happened nonetheless. Blair’s heart was instantly filled with so many feelings she couldn’t do anything but let tears fall from her cheeks. Liam wiped them away lovingly and smiled at her.

They weren’t Blair and Liam who were trying to make it work anymore. They were Blair and Liam, and they were in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
hello mark. new friend. do not disregard him. he is important. i promise.
there it is! blair loves him. (yay!) alright. as i've said before....fluff makes me feel weird. so this is the best i could do. and now that that's out of the way prepare for some DRAMA! eeeeep! i'm so pumped. this is my favorite story to write.

what'd you think about blair's confession? i thought a little awkwardness would be fitting. and because that's all i'm capable of. so. there's that. but i really would like to hear what you all think. feedback might make me cry!

thanks for reading:)