Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

eighteenth.

"I've been thinking." Liam told Blair softly. They were sharing a cup of tea in his flat after Jordie had gone to sleep. Ever since Blair had told him she loved him she'd been spending a lot of time at his place. Most nights she and Jordie would sleep over. It had been month now. And it was the best month of his life. He was spending time with the two loves of his life. He couldn't ask for anything better.

"Uh oh." Blair teased, after swallowing a mouthful of the warm liquid. Liam smiled and rolled his eyes.

"It's just..." He began, and then trailed off. There was a lump in his throat that prevented him from speaking. Blair looked at him, sensing he was nervous. She raised an eyebrow.

"Is this about keeping me and Jordie a secret? Because it’s been on my mind a lot lately." She said warily. Liam's eyes grew wide. It wasn't what he'd wanted to talk about, but he decided to go with it.

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"I think that you feel guilty. I can tell. When you go out or you have to travel." She said. Liam frowned. "It's okay. I don't want you to feel guilty. We're still figuring this out for ourselves. I don't mind being a secret." She told him.

"I want people to know, Blair. I'm so fucking happy with you and I'm proud of my family. It's just...with the whole world knowing. It's complicated. But I want nothing more than to tell people how happy you make me." Liam said, his voice shaking with emotion.

"I know. Me too. But we need to give it time. Jordie still needs to get used to having you as his dad before his face is plastered on every magazine. And we need time to be us." She said, holding her hand out across the table. Her palm faced up, and Liam slipped his hand into hers. They both held on tight and studied the others face.

"I love you." Liam said.

"I love you." Blair said back. They smiled even wider then they had all night. Not a day had gone by they try hadn't repeated the phrase to one another.

"B, that isn't really what I wanted to talk to you about." Liam admitted, rubbing patters into her skin with his thumb.

"Oh, well what is it then?" She asked, cocking her head to the side. She let her gaze drop to their joined hands. A smile played on her lips as she watched Liam's thumb move.

"Um...well. We've been back together for a few months now. And we love each other right?" He asked nervously. Blair bit her lip, knowing where this was going.

"You want to have sex." She said bluntly. Liam blushed furiously. He always forgot how straightforward she was, especially about things that made people uncomfortable.

"Of course I do. But I just want to know where you're at. I mean, as far as sex goes." Liam asked gently.

"I want to. Believe me. I do." She said. "I'm just worried we'll rush it...and uh, we all know what happened last time we had sex." She joked.

"Seriously?" Liam asked back.

"I'm sorry. I this isn't funny. It just, I got pregnant the third time we had sex. And that was the last time. I still feel like I'm inexperienced. And you're...not. I don't want you to have built up these fantasies in your head and be disappointed." She said, looking down at the table.

"Oh god, Blair. Do you really want to do this again?" Liam moaned, trying to stay quiet. He had snuck into her room late at night once their parents had gone to sleep. She just said she wanted to see him. He didn't plan on doing anything, but Blair's hands exploring the skin on his chest was making it hard to say no.

"Why wouldn't I want to do this again?" She asked, her breath hot on his neck. She was tugging on his shirt with vigor, trying to rip it off.

"Your parents are here this time!" He complained. His actions were contradictory to his words as he lifted his arms, allowing her to pull the shirt off.

"We'll have to be really quiet then." She replied with a laugh. Liam groaned and pulled her lips to his for a kiss. Blair fell back onto her bed and pulled him on top of her. "I love you so much, Liam Payne." She told him solemnly, pulling away from the kiss to look into his eyes.

"I love you, Blair Obray. I love you so much it should be a problem." Liam said back, kissing her nose lightly. Blair smiled and started working on removing her own clothing. Liam assisted, gently moving her body so that she could shimmy out of them.

He wasn't as hesitant this time. After the first two times he stopped feeling so awkward about having sex. Now he was eager to feel her body move against his. It was an amazing feeling to be this close to her. It was scary and amazing at the same time.

Their breathing was ragged as Liam moved inside her. Her nails dug into his back, causing the most delicious pain. She clung to him as he moved, making sure he was as close as possible. A thin sheen of sweat covered their foreheads and they pressed them together, letting the warm skin mingle together. The Liam laced their fingers together and held them above Blair's heads as they reached their high. Liam had to press their lips together to muffle the sounds both of them made.

They stayed still for a moment, trying to compose themselves. Blair pushed him off and he collapsed to her side. He had a smile on his face as he relaxed into the bed. Blair sat up so she could slip back into her pajamas. Liam adjusted under the blankets, trying to find a comfortable position.

He paused abruptly. The color drained from his face and he lifted to covers to double check. "Oh god." He said when his worries proved to be true. Warily, he picked up the useless piece of rubber and discarded it in the trash. He crawled out of the sheets to search for his boxers. He slipped them on and turned to face Blair.

"Liam?" She asked. He was standing frozen in the middle of the room. He looked like he was going to be sick.

"Blair, don't freak out." He warned, stepping toward her gingerly. Blair's face fell and she gave him a worried look. "The condom broke." He whispered.

"What!" She yelled.

"Shh!" Liam hissed, covering her mouth with his hand. "I don't know when it happened, but when you got out of bed I looked, and...and well, it was uh...broken."

"Oh shit." Blair said when he removed his hand. "That means..." She trailed off. It could mean that something really bad just happened, something that could change everything. Blair felt like vomiting.

"I'm sorry." Liam said, wrapping his arms around her. "Blair, I'm so so so sorry."

"We don't even know of anything happened, okay. So let's just, go to bed and worry about it tomorrow." She said into his chest, wrapping her arms around his bare midsection. Liam nodded in agreement

The two scared teenagers climbed back into bed where they had made a big mistake. Blair curled up on her side and Liam pulled her to his chest. They couldn’t see each other, so they couldn't tell if the other had drifted off to sleep. They both lie there, worried about what was to come, not catching a wink of sleep.


Blair was terrified of sex. Not because she got pregnant, but by how complicated it made everything. It had completely destroyed her and Liam the fist time around, and she didn't want it to happen again. Especially not after she finally had him back after all this time. She wanted to be that close to him again, but it was too scary. And he had all this experience and she was still awkward about it.

"Blair." He said gently, willing her to look up. She did and their eyes met. "I don't have any expectations. I just want you. I want to make love to you."

"But everything goes wrong after sex. That's how I lost you." She croaked, wiping away a tear with her free hand.

"We lost each other because I was too scared to be a man. But that's never going to happen again." Liam said. Blair frowned, thinking that Liam was just trying to convince her to have sex.

"I'm not just saying this so you'll have sex with me Blair.” Blair smiled at the fact that he knew what she was thinking. “I'm saying this because I want you to know that in never going to let you and Jordie down again. I want you to trust me."

"I do trust you. And I believe you. And I really, really want to have sex. I'm just...scared I'll be bad at it."

"You won't. It won't be bad because I love you and I want to be as close as possible to you. This means to much to me for it to not go well." Liam told her, his brown eyes glistening.

"Okay." Blair knew that she was making the right decision. Liam’s promises were sincere and she knew that he would do everything in his power to keep them. She wanted to be with him, and feeling his hand clinging on to hers like it was the only thing keeping him from floating away, she knew she would be alright.

"Okay?" He said, confused. He was prepared to wait longer. He was just planning on bringing it up tonight.

"I want you to make love to me, Liam. Show me that it'll be alright." She said, standing up and leading him to the bedroom. And that night, Liam showed Blair that it would all be okay. And for the time being, it was.

***


Niall took a deep breath and knocked on Harry's door. He gave his curly haired friend a warm smile when he opened the door. Harry gave him a cautious look. He wasn't expecting him, and he was worried.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked Niall with a sigh. He only opened the door a bit, he didn't plan on inviting him inside.

"I'm going over to Liam's. You should come." Niall said happily.

"Why?" It wasn't like Niall to just drop by and invite him out. He would usually call or text first. An invite to Liam’s was not something he had anticipated, or wanted for that matter.

"It's Jordie’s birthday and-" Niall started.

"No way. Is that even a serious question?" Harry interrupted, his irritation growing.

"Please Harry?" Niall pleaded, his blue eyes shining with hope.

"I don't even know the kid. I'm not going to his birthday party." Harry huffed, and began to close the door. Niall slipped his foot between the door and the frame, preventing it from closing.

"This is your chance to get to know him then." Niall countered.

"I'm not going." Harry said again, wanting Niall to leave.

"Please?"

"No."

"Harry."

"No."

"Harry."

"Niall. Stop. I said no." Harry demanded. Part of him wanted to laugh at Niall. His argumentation tactics were always funny. But he had to stand his ground, so he pressing his lips into a thin line and crossed his arms over his chest.

"If you meet him you'll understand why Liam has to pull away from the fame a little. Jordie is amazing, Harry. You'll love him. Blair is great too. I think you'd like her." Niall said, his smile growing at the thought of the little family.

"Oh my god. No." Harry groaned. He was sick of hearing how great everyone was.

"Do it for Liam." Niall offered.

"I don't want to."

"Do it for me."

"No."

"Do it for you, Harry. Just do it." Niall sighed, exasperated that he wasn’t giving in.

"I don't want to, Niall. I don't want to part of any of that." Harry said, looking away from Niall’s puppy dog face.

"Well for someone who is so concerned about the band falling apart you aren't doing anything to stop it. Things change okay? We just need to accept the fact things are different now." Niall said, pulling out the mature arguments.

"If I go will you stop pestering me about them all the time?" Harry finally conceded.

"Depends on how it goes." If Harry had a bad attitude about it, Niall had no intention of stopping the pestering until he gave it a fair chance. It worked on Zayn, now it was working on Harry.

"Fine." Harry breathed, annoyed that he had given into Niall. He was just so damn persistent all the time.

That's how Niall and Harry ended up at Liam's. Niall with a present in hand and Harry with his hands in his pockets. The blond looked excited, and Harry just kicked at the ground with his shoe. Harry looked up when a freckled girl with brown hair answered the door. He recognized her from the picture that Liam had shown him months ago. She gave Niall a smile and gave him a kiss on the cheek in greeting.

"Hi Niall. Thanks for coming. It's just a bunch of old people here, I'm sure Jordie would love to see you." She said, patting him on the shoulder. Niall laughed in response. She then looked over to Harry. She looked confused for a second, and then smiled.

"You must be Harry!" She said happily, pulling him in for a tight hug. Harry was surprised by the gesture, but he turned the hug clumsily. "Liam has told me so much about you." She told his earnestly, still holding onto his arms. Niall walked past them to go find Jordie, leaving the two alone to talk.

"I'm sorry for crashing the party, Niall just brought me a along. I don't mean to intrude." He grumbled awkwardly.

"You aren't intruding at all. I'm so happy you came. I'm Blair." She told him, another wide smile gracing her delicate features.

"Nice to meet you, Blair. I've heard a great deal about you too." He said with a small chuckle. Not because anything was funny, but because he was uncomfortable.

"Thank you so much for coming. Liam is too much of a man to say he misses you, but I know he does. It will really mean a lot to him that you are here." Blair said.

"I'm sorry I showed up empty handed, I wasn't really planning on coming..." He told her, eyeing the pile of gifts.

"It means the world that you’re trying Harry." She dismissed his comment with a gracious compliment. Harry wondered how she could be so nice and actually look like she means it. "Now come into the dining room." She took his elbow and led him through the flat to where everyone was. He saw Niall with a little boy he assumed was Jordie, Zayn, Liam and a bunch of other people he didn't know. Liam was laughing at something Zayn was saying and stopped when he saw Harry.

"Harry." Liam said, surprised. "Hi."

"Hey Liam. Hope you don't mind I came along." Harry mumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets again.

"No, no not at all! Thanks for coming." He said, astonished to see his friend. Zayn gave Harry and appreciative smile. Harry smiled back, still feeling a little uncomfortable.

"That's Ben." She pointed to a young guy who was chatting to an older couple. At the sound of his name he looked up and smiled.

"Hmmm. Harry styles. You're even fitter in person." Ben said with a wink. Harry looked at Blair, and she was laughing.

"Don't mind him." She explained. " He has a boyfriend. So he’s harmless. Liam and I went to school with him. He's my best friend, for reasons only god knows.” Blair said that last part so Ben was sure to hear.

“I heard that, B!” Ben said in mock hurt. The older couple that was next to Ben laughed at the exchange.

"Ok. Nice you meet you mate." Harry told ben with a shy wave. Ben looked his body over one more time before joining back into Liam’s conversation.

"These are my parents. Michael and Maryanne." She told him, pointing at the older couple. They both gave Harry pleasant smiles and hellos.

"And this of course, is Jordie." She said, walking over and pulling him into her arms. "Jordie, can you say hi?" She said softly into his ear.

"Hello. I'm Jordie. What's your name?" He asked Harry politely, wrapping his arm around Blair's neck. He had become more outgoing since he started playing with Niall, but he still clung on Blair around people he didn't know.

"Hi, Jordie. I'm Harry." Harry smiled at the little boy. He was absolutely adorable. He has the shaggy hair like Liam used to sport and his same brown eyes. "Happy birthday." He said after a pause.

"Thank you." Jordie recited, giving Harry another adorable smile. "Mum, can me and Niall go play now? You guys are no fun!" He complained. Niall laughed and jumped up from his chair.

"Come on, Monster, we'll find something else to do." Niall beckoned once Blair sat him back in his feet. Jordie ran after him with an excited laugh.

"We are quite boring." Liam commented with a smile. The adults were just sitting around the table, talking together. Not much of a three year olds dream.

"This party was mostly for the grandparents. He had a party with some neighbor friends earlier in the week." Blair told Harry as she pushed him toward an available seat. Harry nodded at the explanation. People carried on with their conversations as they had been having before, but Harry just sat there still with his hands folded in his lap.

"So Harry." Blair said to him after a few minutes of his silence. "Tell me about yourself. I mean, I know the basics from what Liam has told me."

"There's not much to tell." He said modestly, coloring at the sudden attention from Blair. He’d spent so long blaming everything on her and she was making an extra effort to make him feel welcome. He felt like a huge twat right now.

"Sure there is. Everyone had something to tell." Harry shrugged and Blair gave him a questioning look. "Okay. Beside One Direction, what do you like to do?"

Blair pestered him with questions until they got a conversation going. Harry decided that he liked Blair. She was funny and it was easy to talk to her. And she was genuinely nice. It didn't seem forced at all; it seemed like a natural instinct. After a while, Liam and Zayn joined the conversation and the table was filled with laughter. Her parents and Ben were lovely too. Everyone was so warm and welcoming to Harry, even thought he hadn't been very nice about the situation.

Harry thought it was strange to suddenly be on speaking terms with Liam. It had been months since they had talked, but it felt as if no time had passed. He was still nervous about the fate of the band, but he figured Liam had a good thing going. And Blair seemed like she wanted to make things work.

Blair finally gathered Niall and Jordie back into the dining room for cake and presents. Jordie was delighted with everything he received and thanked them profusely. Liam had a huge grin on his face as he watched Jordie open the wrappings and talk to those around him.

Harry watched Liam for a moment and he couldn't help but wonder what it would be to have a kid. Harry could tell that Liam loved Jordie more than anything. Harry had never loved anything that much. He loved his family, but he'd never looked at them like Liam was looking at Jordie.

Blair was cutting the cake and passing it around to people at the table. Niall was already halfway through his by the time Harry receive a slice.

"Hey, Monster, there's something in your cake." Niall told Jordie with a small smile. Jordie looked concerned as he bent over the cake to look for the item Niall was talking about.

"No there's not." Jordie insisted.

"Yeah. Look again." Niall instructed. Jordie sighed, but complied, curious to know what Niall was talking about. Niall reached over and grabbed the end of the plate, and when Jordie bent his head over it, Niall picked it up and smashed it into his face.

"Niall!" Blair exclaimed at the mess he had made. But a laughed slipped out when Jordie’s infectious giggling filled the room. His mouth was full of the cake and bits if frosting were stuck in his hair. Jordie lifted his hand up to wipe some of it that had gone up his nose.

Maryanne quickly opened her phone and started to snap pictures, which was difficult because she was laughing. Harry found the he was laughing along. Everyone laughed even harder when Niall allowed Jordie to do it back. The both of them were laughing loudly and were wiping at the sticky cake on their faces.

"You are in charge of cleaning that up." Blair told Niall. She banished him and Jordie to the bathroom until they were free of cake residue.

"You'd think Niall was turning three today." Zayn said with a chuckle.

"Three years." Liam said in amazement. "He's getting so big."

"My baby is three!" Maryanne said, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I can't even believe it."

After Niall and Jordie were cleaned up, Ben and Blair's parents decided to take off. Ben had a date and her parents were driving back to Wolverhampton that night. After goodbyes and a lot of hugs, only Blair, Jordie, and the lads of one direction were left.

"I think we'll go take a walk." Blair said, taking Jordie’s hand leading him to the door. Liam looked confused as they slipped into their coats. "I think you all should talk." Blair said into Liam's ear. Liam nodded, agreeing with her. He placed a soft kiss on her lips, a silent thank you for being so supportive of his friendships.

Once they were gone, the boys settled back onto the dining room around the table. It was quiet, because they all knew what they needed to discuss and they wanted to prolong it a long as possible.

"So, Harry." Zayn finally piped up. "What'd you think?"

"Of what?" Harry asked, confused at the vague question.

"Of Jordie, of Blair, of the situation as a whole." He offered.

"They were nice. Jordie is cute. And Blair is lovely. I had fun." Harry said with a cautions smile.

"And?" Niall prodded, wanting him to expand.

"And I still think that the band is going to be hurt for the worse by this whole situation." Everyone's faces fell. "But I'm really proud of you Liam."

"What?" Liam stutter, surprised at the compliment from Harry.

"You're taking responsibility for your life. While I'm angry that the band won't be your main priority anymore, I'm glad you're focus on your family. I think that's amazing." Harry told him, his mind wondering back to the way Liam looked at his son today.

"Thanks mate." Liam said with a relived smile. He knew his relationship with Harry was going to be rocky, but it was a start.
♠ ♠ ♠
whoa. a lot just happened. and it wasn't every dramatic. but ya know, there was some awkward sex talk, a little uncle niall shenanigan, blair and liam love, some harry stuff..so, i guess it wasn't all bad? thoughts on the update?

i have a lot of drabble written. i'm just having trouble decided the series of events and just exactly how i want this to play out. now, in the next chapter i have some big hope as far as ben's boyfriend goes. any guesses about where thats going???

and i have something planned for Louis. so...we'll see if i can put it all together. thanks for reading! feedback would be awesome.

and if you have a minute, check out my new Laim story? i'm having a lot of fun with it. so...give it a read and let me know what you think? please and thank you:)