Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

third.

“Ben!” Blair called into their shared flat. It was fairly small and situated above the dance studio that Ben had just inherited from his aunt that passed away. They decided to move to London together to keep it running.

Ben and Blair have been best friends since birth. They lived next door to each other and have been inseparable for nineteen years. A lot of people said they expected them to end up together, and they might have-if Ben wasn’t gay.

“Hey, B!” Ben replied from somewhere in the flat. She walked into the small living room to see Ben and her Jordie on the couch. Ben was watching the television, and Jordie was asleep on Ben’s lap.
Blair bent down to gently press a kiss on his small cheek. She brushed some of his long hair from his forehead and smiled as his sleeping face.

“How’d it go?” Ben asked, searching her face. Blair leaned back onto the couch next to her best friend and her son and sighed.

“Terribly. He wants to meet him.” Blair said sourly, shuddering at the memory.
“And?” Ben asked, not seeing the problem.

“He wants to meet him! He thinks he can ask for something like that after two years?” She scoffed and folded her arms over her chest.

“Blair. You told him to stay away. He was doing what you asked. You know Liam didn’t just walk away and not look back. Give him more credit than that.” Ben looked at her seriously.

“Well, I’m sorry. I am the one who had been there for Jordie while Liam is trotting the globe and shagging that tiny girlfriend of his. I am the only real parent here and I intend to keep it that way.” Blair was really stubborn. It got worse when it came to her son.

“That’s because you pushed him away. Blair, Liam is one of the sweetest guys on the planet. It destroyed him when you broke up with him. He was young and confused and you totally iced him out. What was he supposed to do?” Blair rolled her eyes at Ben. He had always had a crush on Liam, and he had been defending his honor for the past two years.

“Whatever, Ben. Its my son, my decision. Liam is not getting anywhere near him. He left us and he didn’t come back. If he had truly cared, he would have left that stupid band and been fought harder. But he didn’t.” Ben sighed and looked at the sleeping boy.

They both fell silent and ignored the obvious tension in the room. The television hummed as they clocked ticked, letting the time passed slowly.

About an hour later, Jordie started to stir. Blair smiled at him, watching him rub the sleep out of his eyes with his tiny hands. His big brown eyes met his moms and he smiled. “Hi, mum.” He said in his small voice.

“Hi, baby.” She said, pulling him into her arms. He whined and tried to push her away. “Someone’s grumpy.” She sang into his ear. He whined again.

“Down!” He demanded, pushing against her. She compiled once they arrived in the kitchen by dropping him into his char. “No!” He screeched, trying to get out. Blair shook her head and dumped some cheerios onto the tray of the high chair and proceeded to make dinner.

Jordie had calmed down and was happily munching on his cereal she had provided. His big eyes followed her as she moved around, preparing some spaghetti for them to eat. Her cell phone going off interrupted the calm atmosphere in the room.

“Yeah?” She said causally into the phone, pinning it to her shoulder with her head as she stirred the sauce.

“Blair?” She regretted answering the phone the second she answered it.

“Seriously? I thought I made myself pretty clear today, Liam.” She said, keeping her voice low so Jordie wouldn’t overhear the hate in her voice.

“Just talk to me, Blair. Talk to me without yelling at me and blaming me. Just talk to me and let me explain. Please. I deserve that. I did everything you asked me, no argument. Look where that got me. I demand you hear me out.”

“Why do you suddenly care?”

“I’ve always cared. I’m just not going to let you push me away anymore. He is my son and I have done nothing wrong. I have every right to see him.”

“Fine. You have one more chance to talk about it. But I am making no promises where Jordie is concerned.” At the sound of his name, Jordie got excited.

“Hi, Jordie!” He yelled happily. I came out more like “Joe-dy” since he couldn’t say his “r’s” very well.
“Jordie, don’t shout.” Blair told him, he just smiled and went back to cheerios.

“Tomorrow?” Liam asked when he had Blair’s attention back.

“Tomorrow. I’ll come to your flat. I don’t want to be seen in public with you again.” Liam agreed, giving her an address that she wrote down on a piece of junk mail that was sitting next to the stove.

“Bye then.” He said awkwardly and Blair just hung up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
short...and a little weird...i dunno. im working on the fourth...it could be up tonight...or tomorrow...anyway...thoughts?(: