Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

sixth.

“Are you nervous?” Zayn questioned Liam, who was pacing the living room.

“Yes.” Liam admitted sheepishly. Blair was really scary what she was passionate about things. So when she got angry, it never ended well for Liam.

There was a light tap on the door. Both boys jumped at the noise. It was barely audible, and they knew exactly who it was. “Oh god.” Liam said, suddenly feeling as if he was going to vomit. He put his hands on his head and started to hyperventilate.

Zayn opened the door since Liam was unable. He smiled at the girl behind it. She was folding her arms over her chest, and her face was set in a way that gave no indication of her mood. “Hi. I’m Zayn. Liam’s mate.”

“I know who you are.” She snapped impatiently, her expression unchanging. Her sharp tongue took Zayn aback. “Is he here?” She asked him, tapping her foot.

“Uh-yeah. I was just on my way out. Nice to meet you.” He told her. Zayn slipped around her and dashed away. He was glad to be away. Liam and Blair hadn’t even set eyes on each other and the tension was already unbearable.

Blair stepped into the flat and saw Liam standing in the living room, looking really upset. Their eyes met and they both looked away quickly.

“Well?” Blair said slowly. Liam was relieved that she didn’t sound mean today.

“Um…you wanna sit?” He asked, pointing to the couch. Blair took a seat and folded her hands in her lap.

“This is your time to talk, Liam. I won’t say anything. Just say what you need to say.” She told him, her brown eyes giving him a sincere look. That relaxed him a little and he took a deep breath.

“I know I was an asshole. I was a total bastard. But when you broke up with me I was so confused. I didn’t know what you wanted me to do. You asked me to leave, and I did. I did what you wanted. You didn’t want me anymore. You told me to my face that you didn’t want me.” Liam looked up into her face. Her lips were set into a frown now.

“I tried to get on with my life, I really did. But I couldn’t let it go. Do you have any idea all the pain you’ve caused me over these two years? The mother of my child won’t even talk to me! That sucks, Blair. That fucking sucks.”

Blair opened her mouth, she really wanted to say something, but she remembered her agreement with Liam. She closed it again.

“The only reason I’m a deadbeat dad is because you made me that way. Don’t you dare tell me that I didn’t fight for him. I have been fighting for two years. You wouldn’t let me in, Blair. You. You kept me away. Not the other way around. I need to be a part of his life. Give me that.”

He noticed the tears brimming her eyes. Her lip was quivering. Liam was growing sick of making girls cry. “I’m done.” He informed her. She turned to face him, her tear filled eyes studying him. He waited patiently for a response.

“What happened to your face?” She asked. The question confused him but he answered it anyway.
“Louis hit me when he found out about Jordie.” She nodded and looked at his eye. The left side of his face looked like it was pretty painful. His lip was scabbed and the bruise on his eye caused it to be squinted because of the swelling. She examined it for a few moments before lifting her hand and delivering a hard slap to his right cheek.

The sound of skin hitting skin was harsh and Liam recoiled from the touch. “What the hell!” He shouted, cupping the throbbing skin.

Blair shrugged, seeming unaffected by the situation as she shook feeling back into her hand. “I’ve always wanted to do that.” She told him evenly. “You deserved it.”

Frustrated, he sighed and accepted it. “Okay. I know I should have come back. But I was just-“ He was cut off. She always interrupted him.

“Just too busy with your new girlfriend? Or with your successful career?” She asked harshly, cocking her head to the side.

“No. I was scared. You scare the shit out of me! All of that stuff-Dani, the music…it was never right.” He wanted to touch her. She looked so pretty and sad.

“But it was too good of a deal to walk away from?” She egged on. Blair knew she shouldn’t be provoking him, but she wanted explanations to all of the questions she had been asking herself.

“Is that what you wanted? For me to walk away? Because I would have, I still will. For once, just tell me what you want!” He grabbed her hand, holding it tight.

“That’s just it. I shouldn’t have to ask. You should have just done it. You should do it because you want to, not because I asked or because you feel obligated. You should have chosen me.” She said and bit her lip. Realizing what she had just said. She yanked her hand from his grasp and looked away.

They were both silent. The realization of their mistakes was hanging in the room, displaying what a mess they had made. They were at a crossroads. Their reasons and justifications would never meet up. They would always crash head into each other over and over.

“Blair-“ Liam began unsure of what to say.

“Don’t say it, Liam. Please. Don’t tell me to my face that you don’t love me anymore. I can’t-“

“All I’ve wanted to do is choose you. But you wouldn’t let me.” Liam said, inching closer to her. “I never stopped loving you. You have to believe me. Even if you don’t believe anything else, believe that.” She rolled her eyes and scooted away from him.

“Its too late.” Blair told him sullenly. Silence settled around them once more. Their eyes search for a way out of this mess in each other, but they couldn’t find it. “I was wrong. I’m sorry for the way I treated you. I had no right. I will never forgive myself for the years I robbed Jordie from having a father.”

Liam’s mouth fell open. His heart beat faster; he was hoping she would say what he had wanted to hear for two long years.

“I’ll let you meet him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
okay...well...i had that done last night so i though i would post it now....so...yeah. um....questions, comments, concerns? leave me a comment...that would be lovely.
for those who read my other stories....I'll be updating my Harry story tonight. I've gotten a lot of positive feedback from it, so...ya know...Check it out!