Status: on hiatus. just cuz.

Back to You

ninth.

Blair’s hands were over her mouth as she watched Jordie and Liam. They looked to perfect there, playing on the floor. Liam gave Jordie his undivided attention and he ate it up. This was the way it was supposed to be. Blair was sure of it.

Liam stayed most of the day. He smiled when Ben finally came home. They talked happily. It was as if no time had passed since they saw each other last. They had always been close. There was yet another reason why Blair sucked. She separated a great friendship because of her pride.

“You staying for dinner, Liam?” Ben called from the kitchen as he moved around, preparing the food. It smelled so great, and Liam was having such a great time. He agreed with no hesitation.

Liam set the table as Blair settled Jordie into a high chair. They sat around the table and had dinner like a real family. Blair had never imagined it would be so easy to let Liam back into her life.

He showed no signs of resentment or anger. He just gazed lovingly at Jordie and occasionally sent Blair friendly smiles. Blair wondered if it would be like this every night if she had let Liam stay from the beginning.

She couldn’t escape the “what if’s.” She knew that she had made a huge mistake. Blair wanted nothing more than for Liam to grant her forgiveness. She worried that her mistake would be held against her. She knew that it would begin to impact Jordie negatively if she and Liam had a strained relationship.

Jordie seemed instantly fond of Liam. He insisted on Liam taking him to bed when it came to be his bedtime. Liam looked to Blair, unsure of what to do. She smiled at him and nodded, indicating that he should.

They all stood and she led the way to Jordie’s bedroom. Blair walked him through they’re nightly routine. Liam helped him change into his pajamas and brush his teeth. He helped him into his bed and pulled the covers around his small body. Liam did just fine with Jordie by himself. Blair just stood back, observing. For the most part she was impressed. Liam did a lot better with him than she had anticipated.

“Goodnight bud.” Blair whispered once Jordie was settled in his bed. She pressed her lips so his head, brushing away his long hair. Jordie’s eyes were already shut and sleeping. Liam smiled at the sight and ran a finger along his face, tracing his delicate features.

He loved putting him to bed. Jordie had put up quite a fight as he was getting his pajama’s on. There was screaming, a little bit of hitting, and a heavy amount of tears. It frustrated the hell out of Liam, but he loved it.

Blair had slipped out of the room, leaving Liam to what he was doing. After gazing at his face for a moment longer, he pressed his lips to the same spot that Blair had a few minutes before.

At that, he retreated out of the room, flicking off the lights and pulling the door shut so it was opened just a crack. Blair and Ben were seated on the couch, engaged in a conversation. When Liam cleared his throat, Ben stood, wishing everyone goodnight.

They were alone. “Thank you for today. It really meant a lot, Blair.” Blair smiled at him and patted the cushion next to her, inviting him to sit. Liam obliged and they sat side by side, somewhat awkwardly.

“You were really great, you know.” Blair finally told him. “I’m glad it went well. Jordie really seems to like you.” She twisted her long hair in her fingers. Liam chuckled at the action, recognizing it as her nervous habit.

“Thanks.”

“I’m sorry I was such a bitch. I was just scared and hormonal…I didn’t want our mistake to ruin your chances at your dream. I couldn’t bear the thought of being the reason you regret not taking that chance, you know?” She bit her lip. She wasn’t making any sense. “And when you got so successful, I just…I thought that the way things were was what was best. I made a very poor decision.”

“I get it.” He told her, putting a warm hand on her shoulder. “I just wish I wouldn’t have given up so easily when you told me to get lost. I was scared to. It seemed like the right thing to do. I was very, very wrong.”

“So you forgive me?” She asked, a small smile tugging at her lips.

“Only if you forgive me.” He returned the smile.

Just like that, the slate was wiped clean. Liam and Blair were starting at square one. This was a whole new chapter. They were finally going to be able to work through this part of their life together.

Liam glanced at the watch on his wrist. He had to be up early for work tomorrow so he stood and told Blair he was leaving.

“When will we see you again?” She asked him as she opened the door for him.

“Very soon.” He smiled. “I’ll call you.”

“Okay.”

“Goodnight, Blair.”

“Goodnight, Liam. Drive safe.” They looked at each other for a while longer, basking in this new situation they were in. After a beat, Liam turned at made his exit. Blair’s eyes followed him until he turned the corner, out of sight. She then closed the door with a heavy sigh.

***


Liam slipped his key into the lock of Zayn’s flat. He was dreading coming back. Things were still a little awkward between the boys. They were supposed to be best friends, but lately they didn’t know what to say to each other.

Opening the door, he noticed Louis seated in the living room. Zayn was next to him and they were laughing heartily. When Liam stepped in, their heads turned at stared at him and the laughing ceased.

“If you’re here to hit me again, go for the other eye. This one’s still a little sore.” He said, pointing to his bruised eye. Much to Liam’s satisfaction, Louis was wearing a black eye as well.

“I’m not gonna hit you. I just wanted to talk to you.” The blue-eyed man told Liam, pointing to the chair across from him. Liam took it, eyeing Louis cautiously. “Eleanor said she wouldn’t let me sleep in the bed until I came and apologized properly.”

Liam and Zayn both smirked at this revelation. Louis just rolled his eyes. “I’m sorry, alright? I shouldn’t have gotten so worked up. But Dani was crying her eyes out to Eleanor and she told us that you had a kid…It was just a lot to take in. I was angrier that you lied for so long. There was a side of you that you deliberately kept hidden.”

Liam sighed. Here we go again. He thought. Frankly, he was getting tired of everyone telling him what a twat he was. “I’m sorry you got offended. I really am. But I’m not sorry about the choice I made to keep it a secret. It was a really sore subject and it was no one’s business.”

Zayn and Louis were shocked at Liam. Usually he was so sensitive to other people’s feelings and he always tried to compromise. But he didn’t sound remorseful at all as he spoke.

“Well. Alright then. I guess we’re done here.” Louis said, standing up. There wasn't much else he wanted to say. He was still angry at Liam and had only come to apologize to apease his girlfriend. When Liam turned out to be a dick about it, he decided he should go.

“I guess we are.” Liam replied, following Louis’ action and standing as well. At that, Louis turned on his heel and left the apartment. It was really anti-climactic and he could tell that he and Louis would be on thin ice tomorrow.

“How was it?” Zayn asked Liam, following him into the kitchen. Liam decided that he needed a drink. He didn’t usually drink; but right now he felt it would be the only thing that could ease his mind.

“Fine. Jordie is great.” Liam said, pulling some scotch from the cupboard and pouring a generous amount into a glass.

“And Blair?” He prodded, filling up his own glass. The boys sipped their alcohol silently for a moment.

“Fine.”

“Good."
♠ ♠ ♠
tender moments and drama!! a filler of sorts.
any thoughts/contenions on what went down?
wow. 8 comments on my last update. i'm all fuzzy inside:)
i totally agree. blair and liam. but i just wanted to keep my options open(:
Blair and Liam falling back in love will commence in the next chapter. prepare yourselves.