Status: In Progress

It's Just a Game

9.

I woke up to Juliet humming an old lullaby while doing her makeup at the vanity mirror. "Good morning." I yawned. She smiled and blinked in return. I stretched, tearing my fingers through my hair. I quickly got dressed and started making up my face just as Juliet finished.
"It's actually not quite morning." We'd gone back to my room after breakfast to relax for a bit, but ended up falling asleep.
I checked the clock to see that it was 11:52. "Did we miss anything?"
"Just a couple of meals." She said.
"Good! You're awake!" Beta appeared between the two of us, making both of us jump. "This is what you've missed!" She stumbled into a long list of food that we could have eaten, had we been awake. Then it started talking about history courses that we have to take before we start shooting. "Tomorrow you will attend at 9:00 AM. Thank you!" Her blue form faded from view, leaving Juliet and I to stare at each other.
"We get taken away to kill strangers and we still have to go to school?" I slammed my fist onto my pillow. "This is bull."
Juliet laughed at me. "It's just a little normal before our obstacles."
"I guarantee you, this will be far less than normal."

We decided to head down to the lounge since the bedroom was surprisingly void of things to do. Although it was disguised to be my bedroom, lots of my things were missing. It would have been far too easy to contact the outside world if it had really been my room.
There were a few people in the lounge, crowded around the television, making no effort to make room for us on the seating.
We found an extremely health-conscious fingerprint-activated vending machine. Our stomachs begged us for cranberry oatmeal cookies and we complied.
There were some things in the room that most from our time would only see in history books. There was a jukebox (altered to fingerprint activation), a ping-pong table, itouch fashion table (which is how my mother got started designing clothed when she was younger). I decided to take a look at that while Julia plucked a book monitor off of a shelf and nested herself in a love seat.
I got bored quickly and was relieved when the group of guys stood and turned the television off. I scampered to the couches to take their place. I flicked through the channels, trying to find the news, or cartoons, anything that wasn't reality T.V. Eight channels were showing the Game, two of them showing the same episode.
Finally I found a channel that was news from America 3. I was hoping that hearing from home would make me feel a little better. In fact, it broke my heart even more, I believe.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?