‹ Prequel: Revenge

Trick - or - Treat

Chapter 1

The time had finely come.

After 2 long years, it was finely time to exact my revenge against that pig, Rick James.

The only reason that I had to wait that long was because the bastard couldn’t keep it in his pants. From the information that I had collected over these last 2 years, not long after I had escaped he moved locations and took another girl. From there, the FBI picked up on his scent and have been investigating him ever since. But I decided that I wasn’t going to let them get him first.

I followed him closely for an entire month. I shadowed him with every move that he made. And now it was finally time to wipe him out.

It was Halloween and I could hear the excited kids as they made their way home to get ready for the big night. And I was doing the same thing. I was going over my plan for the night: from the pictures and notes to things I need. This ranged from leather gloves to knives… it is time to end this.

ImageImage

The sun had just set and the moon was slowly rising into the sky. There were excited laughs and squeals coming from the street below as kids made their way from house to house, filling up their bags with candy.

I moved over towards the window and pulled the curtain away from my view. My face remained emotionless as I took in the sight before me. The leaves were littered across yards as children of every shape and size made their way down the street. Housed were decorated to the nines, some even too spooky for some of the kids.

Walking away from the window, I made my way to the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. The girl staring at me was not the same one that would have been looking back 5 years ago. It almost seemed as if I was wearing a costume myself.

I took a deep breath and nodded my head as a smirk appeared on my face, “Let’s go.”

I pulled the hood up over my head and picked the gun up off of the desk before walking out of my apartment. I kept my head down as I weaved my way through the hordes of children in the direction of Rick’s house.

No one was around as I walked up to the door and just pushed it open. I walked over to the living room where the light from the TV illuminated the whole room. Removing the gun from my waist band I aimed it at his head, the clicking sound gaining his attention.

Rick stumbled to his feet and held his hand up in a defensive position, “Whoa, whoa. Who are you?” He stuttered in fear. I removed my hood and let him stare in my eyes. Shock was written all over his face. “You… what do you want?

“Your life,” I replied calmly. “Trick – or – treat, you asshole.” I muttered before pulling the trigger.