Status: Ideas Welcome :)

Alice Syndrome

Down, Down, Down...

The smell of pine was intoxicating. I inhaled deeply, allowing myself to finally relax. I was sick and tired of Duchess and her constant ‘compliments’ about how I looked. I gritted my teeth as I pulled myself onto a higher limb of the tree. Tree climbing was a great way of releasing frustration—and for a photographer, wonderful photo opportunities. I was determined to reach the top; to be able to poke my head above the tree canopy. There was something about these woods that entranced me. I felt almost at home in this place. It had become my Sanctuary. I slung my legs over a branch, tugging at the bark to heave myself over.
I was almost there.
My camera hung around my neck, the strap digging into my skin. I tried to ignore the irritating pain that it caused. It was worth it, after all. I could get some great upper canopy shots. I slowly reached out for another branch. ”This is it,” I thought, ”I’m finally gonna reach it.” I tugged my body over the final branch, grinning proudly as I stood straight while looking at the treetops. I could see the rows of houses that lined the forest along with a large span of trees that followed. I reached down, grabbing my camera and lifting it to my eyes. I took a few quick shots, pleased with my accomplishment.
I looked back down, seeing how far I had come and noticed something white at the base of the tree. I blinked curiously, slowly lowering myself and setting my camera to my face again. I zoomed in to find a small, white rabbit. ”Maybe if I get a little closer, I can get some good shots.” I thought to myself. I crept down a few more branches, poised to capture this rabbit. I could hear the groaning of the tree under me, but I refused to be cautious. I had the perfect shot. I wouldn’t miss—
But the branch beneath my feet could no longer hold my weight.
A cry erupted from my throat, fear gripping my heart as I began to plunge down, and down, and down…
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. Things are finally getting interesting xD
Sub? Comment? :3