I'm Tired Of Begging For The Things That I Want

Chapter 4

Lunch with the guys was great, although Vic never showed up. Jaime said that he was probably still with the girl from last night. I wandered home, which was a novelty for me. I never really walked anywhere, I always drove. Unless i was going to the gym or like today had been drinking the night before. As I turned the corner I felt someone snake their arms around my waist. I let out a small scream causing passers by to look at me in shock. I quickly discovered it was Vic, he laughed at my little outburst " Woah Tay it's just me. People are going to think I am attacking you.". He laughed.
" You kinda did." I giggled back.
" Sorry I missed lunch."
" Its fine you didn't miss much."
" Good. I was with Kelly." he smiled at me. I felt like my heart had been ripped out and then continually stabbed with a knife. I tried to smile, not wanting him to become suspicious, " And who is Kelly mister?" I spoke in a joking tone.
" You saw her last night, she' s beautiful right?"
He was right she was, and I couldn't help but hate her guts. "Yeah she certainly is" I tried to bear a small smile. " So what you up to now? I asked trying to change the subject.
" I wanted to tell you about her, She really is great. But now I have to go and get ready, we decided to go on a proper date tonight." he smiled at me, he was clearly excited.
I tried and smile but I felt tears forming in my eyes, i tried to hold them back. I said goodbye to Vic, we had walked all the way to my apartment. I quickly opened my door and closed it behind me. I slid down the door and sat on the floor. The tears escaped my eyes. He really liked her, he was going on a date tonight and it killed me inside.