Love Can Fix

1/1

"What? Why?" I demand my bestie, Mia.

She sniffs my way and replies, "I can't stay here any longer Cori. I'm just hurting and I don't think I can do it."

I look at her in shock. "I'm your best friend! And why do you need to leave? You haven't given me a reason," I accuse her.

Mia takes a while to come up with the answer, like she never planned to tell me at all. And as soon as the words fly out of her mouth, I know why. "I have cancer. There."

Her voice brakes on the last word. With her eyes getting wet, I feel her emotions. "Oh Mia, I'm so sorry," I whisper.

She gasps and I let her lean on me. I sit down on the nearest bench while patting her back. A few tears escape my eyes but I don't care. My best friend just told me she has cancer, and now she's leaving. I can't take it.

"Cori I'm sorry I haven't told you before. I was just so scared and I still am," she explains softly.

I don't know how she feels but it must be frightening. Not knowing what's going to happen next. I sit there just crying with her. I don't want her to go, my best friend. Too much in my mind.

I sob on her shoulder and jump up. "I have to go. I'll see you later." After that she nods, knowing what I mean.

Wiping tears off my mouth I run. The road is empty and I just past a car on the way. I look back at Mia but she isn't there anymore. I ignore that and keep running.

'Why didn't she tell me?' I yell in my head. It's tearing me apart how she just let that big thing roll around and never even give me little hint about it. Anger, betrayal and confusion just fill me up. I can't stop it, I don't want to stop it. And I don't know why.

I love Mia, I really do but I hate her right now. It feels as if she doesn't treat me like her best friend. I would have told her as soon as I find out. I mean if-

"Oww!" A girl shrieks.

I snap out of my thoughts and look up immediately. An irritated, posh, brunette glares at me with cold eyes. "I'm sorry," I mumble.

She shrugs my apology off. "No you aren't. If you-"

I scream in her face and push past her. The scent of salty air hits me. I look around and realize that I had run all the way to the beach. I wipe the rest of the tears off of my face.

People walk and stare at me like I'm crazy. I ignore their eyes and keep on finding my way around the beach. It isn't that crowded here today. But it's still too many people for me.

I walk along the water, my mind still filled with Mia's confession. I kick shells that is on my way. Head lost in space. I never wanted this, nobody does. I wonder how I might feel if I'm Mia and just randomly figure out that you have a terrible illness then having to tell your best friend that you're going to leave, probaby for good.

I would totally be stressed, afraid, nervous, worried and upset. Confusion would be a big one. I'm literally insane.

Mia's reaction explode in front of my eyes and I sob. God, this is all too much. "Hey uh excuse me?"

I turn not bothering to conceal the "sad" on my face. "What?" I cry out.

"Sorry but you dropped your bag?" he mutters surprised by my outburst,

Looking down I see him holding it. I cover my face. "Oh god. I'm sorry and thanks."

He hands it over. "No problem. And Cori's a nice name," he adds.

"What?" I frown at him-okay, so after I shout at him when he just wanted to give back my bag, he compliments me. How nice.

"Cori's a nice name." The tone of his voice irritates me like I'm deaf.

Then I actually pay attention to his face. He has a nice smile although it's more of a stupid smirk. "Well it's nice talking to yo-" I stop as I move my eyes down.

Gulping I try to look away but can't. So he's a surfer, dark haired, with a nice body and an adorable face. Everything about him screams hot. "Why are you crying?"

I can't believe I'm still frigging crying. 'I hate you,' I think to myself. "No I'm not," I whine.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm not as obnoxious as you think I am." The smile is real this time and I just have to trust him.

I sniff. "I don't want to talk about it."

"Name's Cameron. Now I'm not a complete stranger. You can tell me."

Cocky, hot but sweet. How nice. That just makes me cry even more. Something is pulling me towards this kid and I just have to tell him. I just have to. "Let's sit down."

∞ ∞ ∞


After Cori tells me what has happened I just sit there, watching her. She stares back at me softly smiling. She's a cute girl.

"You okay now?" Man, I feel like some creeper. I was never good with girls.

She nods. "Yeah. Thanks Cam."

I just feel like wrapping my arms around her shoulder and say that everything's gonna be okay. That her best friend Mia will recover and she won't have to leave. I can't reassure Cori but I can try to comfort her.

I'm about to ask her how long they've been besties but I stop. That would just cause her to cry again and I can't do that.

"Please don't frown. Won't let that pretty grin off your face," I let out.

She blushes. Oh she's so cute. "Please don't do that."

"I know I'm a total stranger probably a creepy dude but why don't we change," I pause for a second, "this into a, a date?"

Cori gives me a look that screams 'are you crazy or what?' and at the same time 'yes I'd love to do that.'

I am confused. This is why I never get girls. "Well?"

She bites her lip in thought. With a roll of her eyes, she leans in closer.

∞ ∞ ∞


Wow. The first thought I have when I lean in towards him is 'I'm a stupid, selfish and horrible friend but I kiss him anyway. It's not like fireworks exploding or magic swirling in the air.

His lips are soft and gentle, as I had expected. I pull him in that heat bubbling up. I can not let go of him. The way his mouth is on mine is just great. I want to say that it's like I'm in heaven but it's not true.

Although the way he cups the beck of my neck, his touch is like fire. Cameron is so warm that he doesn't want to let go of me. Wait, that's not right. I don't want him to release me. I want his arms around me.

My eyes blink. "Wait no," I whisper. Pulling away I stand up. "I have to go."

"Cori. It's alright." The voice is inside my head telling me that I should stay with him. There is nothing else stopping me. Except for Mia but it's her voice in my mind.

"Cameron."
♠ ♠ ♠
:3