Status: Done

Rechecking My List

1 -1

“Get back here!” my boss shouted as I slammed the door shut
I couldn’t take it anymore. Working as a stripper has got to be the worst thing I have ever done! My boss wouldn’t stop trying to sleep with me and I seriously hate the life I’m living. Ever since my parents kicked me out I have been a mess. I just can’t do it any longer. I huffed pulling my jacket tighter around me and walked across the street.
“I can find another job easy,’ I said to myself, ‘I don’t need anyone’s help.”
I wanted to prove my parents wrong about me making it on my own I just had to. I plugged in one of my earplugs and played Avenged Sevenfold’s song Critical Acclaim just to get my anger out. My phone beeped alerting me of a text message .
From: James
Lora sorry babe I got 2 b somewhere. Gtg love ya
I scowled knowing fully well where that ass was. He must have thought that I was stupid enough not to notice that he’s cheating on me with my ex co-worker Anna. Chick had so many breast implants that she could use those puppies as pillows. Whatever. I was passing by a magazine stand when a headline caught my eye.
SYNYSTER GATES CHEATS ON GIRLFRIEND?
I immediately grab it and flipped the page.
Brian Haner Jr., also known as Avenged Sevenfold’s lead guitarist Synyster Gates, had been seen with a one Michelle DiBenedetto last Thursday looking awfully couple-like. The question that everyone’s asking? Where is Zacorra? Our sources say that Brian has in fact been cheating on Ms. Bird with Michelle for two years without her even knowing! Can anyone even imagine? Our sources also say that Zacorra is not even in the state at the moment due to work. I believe that she is just trying to stay as far away from Brian as possible don’t you?
Disgusted with the article I threw it back down and furiously walked away. The pig.
Months Later

I puffed out the cigarette I was smoking and snuffed it out under my foot as I left out the back door of Sensuality. Unfortunately I couldn’t find any work so I went back to stripping. But I did break up with James and kicked him out of our my apartment, he’s been calling ever since. The sun was too bright so I stuck to looking at the ground cursing myself for forgetting my sunglasses. Not even paying attention I ran into another person knocking us both to the ground.
“I am so sorry!” I said
“No it’s fine, my fault.” My head shot up seeing Brian getting up and offering his hand
He hoisted me up and asked if I was ok.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I scoffed remembering what he did only months ago
“Babe I saw you two fall are you guys ok.” Zacorra rushed over saying
“Yeah I just wasn’t looking.” He said
“Are you ok?” She turned to me
Being the amazing and totally non-geek that I am said, “You guys are back together?” Great
Zacorra just smiled and nodded her head, “Yeah I decided to accept his begging and forgive him.”
“I didn’t beg.” Brian whined
“Whatever you say baby.” She patted him on the shoulder
“Oh.” Fabulous comeback brain
“Well sorry I bumped into you.” He said dragged Zacorra along
“Yeah it’s fine.” I smiled awkwardly waving
As they rounded the corner I began walking again. Seeing them back together after all they had been through made me feel like a fool. If I wanted to become something then I could, the only thing stopping me was me. I quickly grabbed my phone and texted my boss.
From: Lora
I quit! ;D
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank Miss.CorrCorr for allowing me to enter and for helping me get an idea for one of my stories. :D