October Rain

Calling You Like A Phantom

Image

Ever since I was a little girl I always felt that someone or something was watching over me like a guardian angel, protecting me at almost any cost.Especially since the day that my parents died, did the feeling become stronger.

"Harmony, your shift is just about done so you can go clock out now." My boss said, giving me a small smile.I gladly smiled back at her then started to make my way to the back of the store to grab my purse and end my shift.

I worked at a small bookstore that specialized in more darker and mysterious genres.It was called 'La Luna Negro' meaning 'The Black Moon' in spanish.

And my boss, Kate, was a master in poetry and Native American spirituals, and she would always come to work dressed as if she worked for a funeral home; black leather boots, a tight black dress, fishnet stockings, and her black hair tied in french braids.

"See you Monday.Have a good weekend." She said, waving bye to me as I walked out the front door and onto the sidewalk starting on my way home.

The smell of rain was thick in the air and a cool breeze brushed against my cheeks, making me slightly shiver.It definitely felt like Fall, which I was more then happy about it seeing as it was my favorite season next to winter.

But something felt a little off, that I couldn't quite understand.I looked around, noticing that there were only a few people walking around the shopping center. A lot less then usual, which made me feel extremely uneasy, seeing as there was always tons of people out shopping when I usually got off work.

"Must be too cold out for some people." I thought to myself, shrugging my shoulders as I continued on my way to the bridge that separated my neighborhood from downtown.

Then suddenly, almost out of nowhere, I noticed a dark figure up ahead, standing on the side of the bridge on the railing."What the hell are they thinking? Are they trying to kill themselves?!" I panicked, picking up my pace to try and see who this figure was.

"Hey, what are you doing up there? Are you trying to kill yourself or something?" I called out to them, but didn't get a response in return.So I tried again, only this time starting to feel a tiny bit scared.

"Hello!" I yelled, obviously trying to get their attention.But they didn't respond again, except turning and looking up at me.I couldn't make out a face, only the eyes of this figure captured my attention.They were a glowing amber-ish, gold color.

I gasped, feeling my eyes grow wide in shock, not knowing exactly how to respond to what I was seeing in front of me.

But before I could say anything, they stepped off of the railing and raced off into the wooded area that surrounded the bridge and small creek that ran through the city.

"Okay I think I've had enough." I breathed, turning my fast walk into a steady run and ran as fast as I could to my house.

Once I saw my front door come into view, I quickly raced to unlock the door and mase my way inside.

"Harmony, is that you sweetie?" I heard my grandmothers voice call out to me.I sighed in relief, locking the door behind me and closing the blinds.

"Yes grams, its me." I sighed, taking off my shoes and setting my purse down on the small coffee table.

"Alright just making sure.Goodnight hunny, see you in the morning." She said to me before shutting her door softly.

I was almost positive that I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight, not after seeing those eyes just stare at me, like they were trying to read my mind.

Which instantly caused me to start thinking, who was that person on the ledge?
♠ ♠ ♠
SO! This is my first Vampires Everywhere fan fic.Hope you all like it so far, its a work in progress.I got inspired by this lovely cold and rainy night I'm having here and listening to of course, VE! so please be kind and feedback is always greatly appreciated, enjoy! :-)