October Rain

Haunting You In The Night

Image

"Harmony, its time to get up sweetie." I heard my grandmother yell from outside my bedroom door.I sat up and rubbed my eyes sleepily.I didn't get much rest like I knew I would last night, seeing as I was still thinking about that mysterious figure.

I carefully got out of bed and started to make my way downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast.My grandma always made her and I pancakes almost every Saturday morning, sort of like a tradition that we had.

"Are you feeling alright dear? You look very tired." She asked me once I sat down beside her at the table.I simply nodded, stretching out my arms then starting to eat my food.

"I just saw something weird last night at the bridge and it scared me a little that's all." I admitted, before taking another forkful of pancakes into my mouth.

But when I looked up, I noticed that she was staring at me with a kind of puzzled expression, like what I had said didn't really make sense to her.

"Gram, whats the matter? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, continuing to stare back at her.She just shook her head and sighed, before continuing to eat as well.

"Well, what did you see that scared you?" She asked, taking a sip at her tea.I shrugged, grabbing my empty plate and getting up out of my seat to put it away in the dishwasher.

"Just someone standing on the railing, like they were going to jump off.But when I had called out to them, they just got down and took off into the woods without saying anything." I said, starting to feel chills run down my spine as I thought back to that pair of eyes watching me.

She let out a groan, again shaking her head at me, before getting up out of her seat and clearing away the dishes."Don't let something so little cause you to lose sleep, hun.Now I've got some errands to run in town and then I'm going to stay at my sister's until Monday since she's ill.Be good Harmony." She said to me, giving a swift kiss on my cheek before heading out on her way.

Well this is going to be fun, being all alone by myself the whole weekend."Now what am I going to do?" I huffed, I hated being by myself in this house.It was already creepy enough being from the early 1920s and just thinking about what could be out there, no thank you.

That's when I decided I'd call my old friend LouCee.She always used to come and stay the weekends with me when her mom was away on a business trip, so I figured it couldn't hurt to see if she was still hanging around.

It rang about four times before someone finally picked up."Well I was just about to start thinking you weren't going to call me anymore." I heard her familiar laugh.I smiled, glad to know that she was still here in town.

"Sorry Lou I've just been really busy with work and taking care of my gram.How are you?" I asked, starting to make my way back upstairs to my room.

"Good, just been babysitting my little brother while my mom is away.I'm actually off duty tonight though we should catch up if you want." She said, sounding like she was almost hoping that I would say yes.

And of course I did, because then it meant I wouldn't be alone tonight."Sure, sounds great.You can even stay the night if you'd like, my grandmother is out til Monday." I said smiling as I found my favorite 'Nightmare on Elm Street' sweater under my bed.

"Alright great.I'll see you at six then.Bye Harmony." She said before quickly hanging up.

I gathered my favorite pair of black skinny jeans and a black tank top before heading into the bathroom to take a hot shower and get ready for my day.

The water soothed my tense muscles and made me relax instantly.I had stayed in for a good 2 hours, just letting the warm water take away my worries.

I got dressed quickly, brushing out any knots from my wet hair then putting it up in a towel to dry when my cell started to ring."Hello?" I answered, walking downstairs to the kitchen to make myself some tea.

"Harmony it's LouCee.Listen can you meet me at the town center? I want to get some coffee and check out this book I saw at the library." She asked, most likely putting her things together because I could faintly hear cluttering in the background.

I nibbled on a donut and took a sip of my tea before responding back to her."Sure Lou, that sounds like a plan.I'll meet you there in a half hour then, just let me get my purse." I said throwing away my trash and putting my finished cup in the sink.

"See you then." She said before hanging up.LouCee always seems like she has to have the last word before hanging up.

I went into the bathroom and looked outside the window.It was already raining and it didn't seem like it was going to lighten up anytime soon."Perfect." I mumbled, going back into my room and putting on my boots and sweater.

And when I was finally done getting ready, I made sure the house was locked and secure before heading out the front door.

When I came to cross the bridge, I took in a shaky deep breath,trying not to think about seeing that person again."Thank God." I breathed as I crossed over safely and made it into the town center where LouCee was waiting for me at the coffee shop.

"About time you got here." She smiled, motioning me over to where she was sitting.I grinned, happily sitting down across from her as she handed me a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thanks Lou.So what book did you want to check out over at the library?" I asked as I sipped at the drink.She looked down at her hands, before finally looking back up at me.

"It's about vampires, only in modern times.How they should look, dress, where you could find them.It just fascinates me." She admitted sounding a bit embarrassed then taking a drink of her coffee.

I looked at her and chuckled slightly."LouCee it's nothing to be ashamed about, I work at the Black Moon bookstore we specialize in all that sort of stuff.We could go there now if you'd like, I'm sure we would have that book." I said, smiling.

"Really? Okay lets go!" She jumped up excitedly, grabbing onto my hand and practically dragging me out of the coffee shop and down to the corner where my work was.I'm sure Kate wouldn't mind staying open a little longer while we looked around for the book LouCee wanted.

When we stepped inside, I didn't see Kate anywhere until she popped her head up from behind the counter, scaring the shit out of LouCee and I."Sorry girls I didn't mean to scare you.What brings you in on your night off Harmony?" She asked, stacking a few books up on the floor.

"My friend is looking for a book about modern day vampires.Do you think you have it?" She pointed to the shelves behind us.I knelt down and looked through the usual section we kept books like that on and smiled when I found the exact book.

"Here Lou.How much Kate?" I asked, handing the book to LouCee.She waved her hand and gave us a light smile.

"Take it, I'm sure that book will go to better use with your friend then it would just sitting here collecting dust.Goodnight girls." She sighed before waving goodbye as we walked out the door and started on our way back to my house.

The rain was still coming down pretty hard and it seemed like it was going to keep raining until probably late tomorrow.We made our walk over the bridge as quick as possible, soon seeing my neighborhood coming into view.

"Make yourself comfy hun.I'm gonna go get changed upstairs." I said to her once we walked in the front door.She plopped down on the couch, her book in hands.

"Alright, I'll be down here reading." She smiled, nodding her head at me.I smiled back before then jogging up the stairs and into my room to change out of my cold, wet clothes and into some warmer ones.

"Harmony.Harmony." A voice called out to me, barely above a whisper.I shot my head to the left, looking at the big bay window.The curtains were pulled open and the woods were clearly showing though.

"Who-Who's there?" I gulped, feeling the hairs on the back of my neck start to stand up and my hands were starting to shake with fear.

"I'm waiting for you Harmony.I'm watching your every move.Come to me Harmony, I want to show you who I am." That voice said to me again, only this time it sounded more clearer, sounding like a mans voice.

"What do you mean? Who are you?!" I panicked, thinking that at any moment someone was going to be breaking into my house and kidnapping me.

"I'll be waiting." They said, suddenly as a flash of lightening struck the sky, only to reveal the most horrifying thing that I definitely did not want to see during this whole ordeal.It was that same shadowy figure from the bridge.

"Oh my God." I gasped, stepping away from the window and bolting down the stairs back to where LouCee was reading in the living room.

"Woah Harmony what's the matter?" She asked looking at me with a puzzled expression on her face.I swallowed, trying my best to take deep breaths to calm myself down.But it wasn't working, I was terrified.

"Someone is out there Lou, I saw them waiting outside my window just standing there." I said slowly sitting beside her on the sofa.She instantly grabbed my hand and started to gently rub my back to soothe me.

"That is really creepy, but it could just be the rain playing tricks on us.Let's just lock down everything and close all the curtains and things, call it an early night." She said, standing up from her spot and going over to the windows.

I nodded, quickly rushing through the kitchen and locking every single lock on the doors and windows that I saw before returning back to her.We then went through each room upstairs, again locking the doors and windows.

"Lets try to get some sleep Harmony." LouCee smiled, climbing into my bed beside me and turning on the small lamp that sat on top of my nightstand.

"Yeah, goodnight Lou.Thanks for staying." I said softly, smiling back at her.She simply nodded before rolling onto her left side and soon falling fast asleep, while I still laid there wide awake.

"Harmony, I won't hurt you.Trust me Harmony, trust me" That voice echoed through my ears, making me shiver.

There was no way I was going to trust something that I couldn't even see in the light of day.
♠ ♠ ♠
And here is chapter 2! :) Thanks to all my silent readers and subscribers and thank you to the people who commented and to the person who recommended this story, I GREATLY appreciate it :) Feedback is ALWAYS welcomed, it lets me know how you guys feel about this story, so feel free to comment.Enjoy! :)