October Rain

Embrace The Night, Come To Life

Image

"Wake up, Harmony.I'm out here waiting for you." That haunting voice called out to me suddenly awaking me from my peaceful sleep.I shot up out of bed, feeling slightly dazed as I made my way over to the bay window and looking out into the woods.

It was still raining and the fog had already settled in making it hard to see clearly, but whoever or whatever it was that wanted me was out there somewhere waiting in the mist.I was scared to say the least, but it was time to face this mysterious figure once and for all.

"I'm right here Harmony." They said, their voice echoing louder through my ears as I started to walk down the stairs and towards the backdoor.I stepped out onto the porch, the cold and wet ground meeting my bare feet making me shiver before walking down the steps and descending into the woods.

I did my best to avoid slipping on anything as I continued on my walk through the woods, the dense fog making it hard to see even two feet in front of me."Okay mystery person, where are you?" I called out to them, waiting for a response.

Nothing.

I kept walking a bit further, getting more and more deeper into the woods until I heard something crackle and snap behind me.I quickly spun around, only to stop dead in my tracks.Standing there right in front of me was the mystery man I've been encountering for the past few days.

The rain continued to pour down, completely drenching me from head to toe and every so often a few flashes of lightening would flicker and clash in the distance.But it all seemed surreal to me as I stared right into those bright yellow eyes I saw days ago.

"You seem afraid.Don't be, I'm not going to hurt you I promise." He said lowly, his voice barely coming over the sound of the thunder.I nodded my head slowly, trying to see if I could make out a face.

"Who are you? And more importantly why have you been following me around and taunting me in my sleep?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.I saw the figure simply smirk before approaching me closer.

I stepped back some, feeling entirely uncomfortable about being so close to someone that I didn't even know.He frowned at this, his eyes shifting to the ground."Harmony, I am Michael.And you've known about me ever since you were little.I don't taunt you, either.I simply try to talk to you." He said, his voice low and muffled by rain.

I chuckled some.Standing outside my house in the pouring rain, telling me to come to you, that you
are watching me is just you trying to talk to me? Sure.

"I can also read your thoughts and facial expressions.Harmony do you have any idea why I've been coming to you?" He asked looking up at me.I sighed, putting my hand to my head.If I did have any clue, I wouldn't be standing here asking you that same thing.

"Michael why me? Why do you have to choose me?" I felt like I was being unfair to him, giving slight attitude with each thing I said anything to him.I just needed to catch myself and keep it simple.

It was his turn to laugh now."I didn't choose you Harmony, destiny did and I've been watching over you since you were little, especially when your parents died.I can talk to you through your thoughts, your dreams.You can only hear me because you have a gift."

I looked up at him, my mouth hanging open in complete disbelief.What sort of gift could I possibly have? I'm just a normal person, trying to live a normal life.Or so I thought at least.

"What gift could that be? Are you saying there is no one else who can understand you but me?" I was having a hard time believing anything he said to me so far.Nothing made sense to me, I was clearly lost.

"Through your mind, yes.But there are others out there, others like me and you.As for your gift you have the power to connect with another soul through your thoughts.When you were little, your 'imaginary' friend MICHAEL, well he's not pretend anymore." My eyes grew wide and I felt my heart catch in my throat.

"Yo-You can't be real." I stuttered, now entirely freaked out by everything that came flooding back to my mind as a small girl.I did have an imaginary friend once my parents died, I felt like I could talk about them to him and they would understand.

But this couldn't be happening, make believe is exactly that, fake.So how could this person be standing here now telling me that he was my imaginary friend brought to life? What was he, some sort of a magician?

"I am very real.Like I said Harmony, you have a gift and I possess the same one as well.I've always been close to you, which is why you've had the ability to talk to me.When you were younger and you lived in the town square, I lived above you.When you moved here to the outskirts, I lived in the hills." So pretty much you've been stalking me my entire life? Lovely.

"I'm having a hard time believing any of this.It can't be real, it just cant be.I know I have to be dreaming, I'll wake up soon." I muttered shutting my eyes as tight as I could and starting to think about being somewhere else.

Then suddenly I felt a rush of air come beside me and there stood Michael.I jumped at least three feet in the air, completely terrified by his sudden movements.He moved quicker then I could even blink."You're not dreaming, either.You came out here willingly, you wanted to finally meet me."

I rolled my eyes at his statement, even though he was exactly right."What would you say is the name for what we possess?" I wanted to get to the bottom of things once and for all about this supposed special 'connection' we had.

"We are telepathic.We can talk through and read peoples thoughts.You had a dream about me when you were 5, you envisioned a boy with dark hair and a scar on his arm.That's how we connected." He had an ever growing smile tugging at his lips which made me wonder.

"How come I can only see you in the rain or the night?" I asked, seeing his smile grow wider, revealing his bright white teeth.

"Because things changed for me when I got older and met my friends.The others, like us.They possessed another type of gift that you'll know soon enough.The morning is almost rising and its about to stop raining.I have to leave now." He said, looking at me directly in the eyes.

They seemed to hold me there like I was being put under some sort of a spell."When will I see you again?" I whispered, not knowing exactly why I started to feel somewhat disappointed that our meeting was already coming to an end.

"You can always talk to me in your dreams if you need me.We have a destiny bond, Harmony.I can appear whenever you need me or you think your in any sort of trouble or danger.I only change at night.Now go back to sleep." He smiled, swiftly putting his cold hand to my cheek.

I just nodded, before simply closing my eyes and envisioning that I was next to LouCee in bed in my room.And when I opened them back up, that's exactly where I was.

"Sweet dreams, Harmony." I heard Michael say as I started to drift back to sleep.

"Goodnight." I thought, before being completely taken over by my dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to all my readers and subscribers, I am so happy that people are enjoying this story.Though it would be nice to see some comments :-P none the less, hope you all had a GREAT Halloween yesterday! I wanted to get this out on Halloween but the next day will do.This chapter is shorter but the paragraphs are longer, basically like a filler.Enjoy everyone! Feedback is appreciated :-D