October Rain

Inside You Know It's Right

Image

I woke up the next morning, noticing that LouCee wasn't next to me in my bed anymore.I yawned before getting up and going downstairs to see where she could have went to."Lou are you down here?" I called out from atop the staircase.

"Down here Harmony! I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back from inside.I smiled before heading down and waltzing through to the dining room.I saw a puzzled look come to her face before she smiled lightly back at me.I sat up on the counter, feeling a sense of happiness that I couldn't quite understand.

"You seem different, are you okay?" She asked as she furrowed her brows at me.I just shrugged, grabbing an apple out of the fruit bowl and taking a rather large bite.I guess its a crime to wake up in a good mood?

"I just had a good dream that's all.I'm fine trust me." I reassured her before hopping off the counter and taking a cup out of the cupboard for some coffee.She sighed but shook her head, signaling that she believed me.

Which brought me to another subject, Michael.As much as I'd like to believe that what happened last night was all indeed a dream, that wasn't the case.Because it did happen, I did meet him and I did speak to him.

So then I decided to see if he was right about being able to communicate with him through my mind and I closed my eyes tight, thinking his name in my head."Michael." I thought, hoping to get an immediate response.

Nothing.

"I knew I couldn't really speak with you." I said obviously not in my mind like I had thought because once I looked towards the table, I had earned an extremely weird look from LouCee at the other end of it.

"Um, who were you talking to Harmony? Cause if you were talking to me, I was actually saying something to you before you just zoned out and started talking to yourself." She said causing me to instantly feel embarrassed about what just happened.

I scratched the back of my neck nervously."Sorry Lou I just got distracted.Anyway, what were you saying?" I wanted to get off of the subject before she started to ask anymore questions that I probably wouldn't have the answers to.

"Right, I was saying that I have to go back home and watch my little brother so I was wondering if you would walk me home?" She asked, looking up at me.I smiled before nodding my head yes.I was hoping that maybe I could run into Michael on my way out.

"Sure LouCee, just let me go run upstairs and get dressed." I said before leaving out of the kitchen and bolting up the stairs to my room to get ready.It was already raining outside so I knew finding an outfit to wear wouldn't be too much of a task.

I finally had settled on my black leather jacket with studs on the collar and a pair of red plaid bondage pants with my boots."Alright lets go." I smiled before putting up my hood and slinging my bag over my shoulder.

She nodded and headed out the door first while I came out last, shutting and locking the door behind me."I'm glad we got the chance to catch up." LouCee smiled as we walked down the road towards the bridge.

I was glad too, it was nice knowing that I still had a friend left in this town."Me too, Lou we have to do it again sometime.I'm usually off of work by 8 and I always have the weekends off so we can hangout then." I grinned, then noticing that she was looking off into the woods.

"What are you looking at?" I asked before looking in her same direction.A black hooded figure was standing alongside the creek, looking into the water.I walked faster, grabbing onto her hand and pulling her along with me.

Once we safely crossed over and made it into town, I let go of her hand and and let out a deep breath.I was pretty sure that it was Michael by the creek.Doing what, I had no clue but I wasn't about to find out.

But then I decided to try again and speak with him through my thoughts once more."Michael, answer me please." I almost pleaded to him.I needed to know if that was indeed him by the creek because for some odd reason, I felt like I needed to see him already.

Only this time he finally responded."What is it? Are you okay?" I could sense that he was near, but obviously not close enough to where I could see him in plain sight.I looked over at LouCee who smiled at me as we kept on walking through the town center towards her house.

"Was that you by the creek?" I asked, hoping that he would say yes.But of course, he didn't respond back to me and I had already finally reached our destination by the time he did answer me back.

I turned and gave LouCee a big hug, telling her that we would hangout sometime on my next day off.She happily agreed and hugged me back before going inside the house.I then remembered Michael and answered him back."Well I was walking my best friend home and we saw someone, they were dressed in all black, I thought it was you."

"It wasn't, but it probably was one of my friends.Do you want to finally meet them, Harmony?" I was utterly scared at the thought of it, but decided to ignore the feeling in the pit of my stomach for once and agreed to it.

I really did want to see Michael again and I knew this would be the only way.

"Sure, but when?" I walked past my work, noticing that Krista wasn't in and that her daughter Emily was working the cash register instead.

"Now.Walk along the creek and follow it all the way until you meet the dirt road that leads to the old cemetery, then walk past it and look to your left.I'll be waiting for you." I could tell that he was smirking as he said this to me.

"There's no turning back now." I thought to myself as I followed his directions once I had gotten to the bridge.The rain had almost completely drenched me and my boots were fully covered in mud the farther I walked up the dirt road.

That's when I saw a large Victorian style house, much like mine come into view.And there stood Michael, black hood and all with a smirk playing on is lips.I swallowed hard, feeling my hands start to shake but smiled at him.

"Nice to see you again, dear.Are you cold?" He said, pulling me into his side.I felt instantly warmer feeling my body pressed against his that I couldn't help but sigh contently.And I could tell that he knew how I was feeling because he held onto me tighter.

As we inched closer and closer towards the front door, I felt a lump catch in my throat and my hands went cold.I should of known what I was getting myself into when I agreed to come here."Don't be scared Harmony, no one will hurt you." He tried his best to calm my nerves but it wasn't working.

Then suddenly, the front door flung open and out appeared three other dark faces, all light like Michael and dressed in black."Harmony these are my friends.Aaron, DJ, and Philip." They each looked from each other before back at me, smirking.

"H-Hi everyone." I smiled at them nervously, feeling the one named Aaron's eyes watch my every move.I didn't notice at first but my hand was gripping onto Michael's cold one, as if I was begging for him to get me out of here.

"Come on guys, lets go inside." He said taking me inside with him while the others simply followed suit behind.The house was dark except for the many candles that lingered around the halls and the one chandelier that hung above the ceiling.

I sat beside Michael on a loveseat while the others sat around us, all looking at me with that same sinful grin that stayed on their faces."So, Michael has talked a lot about you Harmony.You have the gift of telepathy huh?" The one named DJ said, smiling at me.

I nodded slowly, not sure what to say."Then you should know his secret by now, right?" The other named Philip laughed flicking back a piece of his hair from his face.

I turned and looked at Michael's face, not clearly understanding what he meant by his 'secret'."And what secret could that possibly be?" I asked scared to know the answer.He cleared his throat, pointing to the marks on Michael's neck.

Then it all became abundantly clear to me."Your-your a-vampire!?"
♠ ♠ ♠
And, here is chapter 4! :D Thanks to all my patient readers,subscribers, and commenters! I appreciate all the support that you guys have given me throughout this story and it means the world to me.Though I would like to see some more comments, I'm still insanely grateful.This chapter is tons longer, and hopefully not TOO rushed.I just wanted to give my readers a little surprise for being so patient.Anyway, ENJOY :D