This Is A House

one.

"Look, mom! I've got so much candy!"

"So I guess that means we can go home now, right?" his mother replied.

The boy looked up at his mom and glared through his skeleton make-up. "No! That's not what that means. We have to at least finish this street!"

"Fine." she replied. Halloween had always been her son's favorite holiday and she had always hated it.

She grabbed her son's hand as they continued down the street. They stopped at every house on their way and collected candy. As they neared the end of the street they approached what appeared to be an abandoned house. "Whoa, look at this house!" the boy shouted excitedly. "I don't think anyone lives here, let's just go home now." The boy was disappointed, but didn't move. "I can hear people! Someone lives here!" he cheered.

The boy ran towards the house and his mother yelled for him to come back. The boy didn't listen though.

He went up the steps and knocked on the door. A woman in her late sixties answered the door, dressed in a witch costume. "Why hello there! Aren't you just adorable!?" The boy smiled. "Come on in, we've got all kinds of candy." He started in through the door as his mother called from behind "What are doing? Get back here!" She ran up to the open door. "And who might you be?" the old woman asked. "I'm his mother. What are you doing with my son?"

"I just invited him in so he could pick his own candy." the woman said. "You can come in too if you'd like." she smiled, motioning for her to enter. The boy's mother walked through the doorway and saw her son digging through a candy bowl. "Come on, honey, time to go." she said. "Let me get candy first." he replied.

"Would you come here, dear?" the old lady said to the boy's mother, from the next room over. She hesitated, but went anyway. As she rounded the corner to the next room she noticed the woman's family of black cats. "What a sad old lady." she thought to herself.

"Would you mind grabbing that jar up there for me? You're a bit taller than myself." the old woman pointed to the top shelf in her cupboard. The boy's mother reached up for the jar, but felt a sudden, sharp pain in her back. She gasped and fell to her knees. Blood ran on to the floor.

"We can go now." the boy began as he walked into the next room. He froze at the sight of his mother on the floor. "What'd you do to my mom?!" he asked, tears pouring from his eyes. "Now, we wouldn't want anyone to find out about this, would we?" the old woman said as she slit the boy's mother's throat.

He collapsed on to the floor, sobbing. The old woman crept towards him, a malicious smile on her face. She used her knife on him, the same as his mother.