‹ Prequel: Arkham
Status: It's coming along....

Carnival

Crows as Wedding Guests

(Myca's Point of View)

Scarecrow and I drive around for hours. He said he knew the perfect place to have a wedding, one thats romantic and special. He wanted to be husband and wife in a place that had meaning to him, I just wish I knew where it was.

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see when we get there, darling." There he goes again with the secrets, I know it's not a big deal, but I don't like secrets.

"Will we be there soon?"

"In a couple minutes. I love you, Myca," he said looking toward me, then back at the dirt road.

"I love you too."

After about another ten minutes of driving, Scarecrow pulls over next to an abandoned church in the middle of an old wheat field.

"Scarecrow, where are we?"

"This is the church that my grandmother used to lock me in as punishment. I want to turn this place from a bad memory into a good one." He got out of the car and opened my door. I step out and look at the building. It had decaying wood that had been a buffet for termites. I heard the loud sound of fluttering wings inside.

"I guess the crow's are still there," I said.

"Don't worry, I'm not wearing a suit covered in chemicals to make them attack us, so we'll be alright."

"So what should we do? Should we dress up?"

"Already thought of that. While you were gone, I 'borrowed' this," Scarecrow said opening the truck and pulling out a white dress. It had spaghetti straps and the fabric looked smooth and silky. I almost cried when I saw it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't find a veil for it."

"It's alright. I got an idea." I open the car door and reached for one of my suitcases and pulled out the Executioner mask.

"You are so brilliant. One of the many reasons why I love you. Why don't you put the dress on and I'll meet you inside."

"Okay, thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too," he said before closing the door to the church. I go back in the car to change into the wedding dress.

It was only after I put the dress on, I didn't have any shoes that would go with this dress, so I decided to go barefoot. I let my hair down and fixed my makeup.

I stepped out of the car and I looked at my reflection in the car window. The dress fit like a glove and comfortably hugged my waist and legs. It was perfect.

I wondered what I was going to use as a bouquet. So I pick some wheat and walked across the dirt road where I saw some blue wild flowers. I wanted the wedding tradition of something new, something borrowed, and something blue. The dress was borrowed and new, so I needed something blue.

I put on the mask and stood in front of the door. I take deep breaths and pushed the door open. I see Scarecrow at the front and I notice crows perched all over the pews as if they were our wedding guests. They even remained silent and just stared at me while I walked down the isle. I always imagined my father walking me down the isle like several other brides I've seen, but this was better, a small intimate ceremony.

Scarecrow was wearing his mask and he was also standing up straight, which made him look taller. The sun was shining through a hole in the ceiling which lit the alter beautifully.

I step on the alter and looked at Scarecrow.

"That dress looks amazing on you."

"You look amazing in the suit. Did you borrow it too," I joked.

"Nope, I've always had this. So we should probably say our vows."

"Crap! I didn't write any."

"Neither did I, I thought we could just wing it."

"Okay. Do grooms go first or do the brides go first?"

"Why don't I go first?" I nod my head. Scarecrow started his vows by clearing his throat.

"Myca, even though I'm sorry for being the reason why you were in Arkham..." As Scarecrow went on with his vows, I remembered what Joker said. About him pretty much ruining my life. He put me in Arkham for nothing. I was innocent until I met him and I became too involved with him.

At times, I doubted my sanity when I was in Arkham. Believing I was actually crazy because I would believe anything Scarecrow told me. I hated him, now I'm marrying him. That doesn't usually happen to sane people, not that I know of at least.

Part of me is wondering what the hell am I doing, while the other part is saying Yea, I'm all for this. I love Jonathan Crane and nothing in this world could tear us apart.

My head comes back down to Earth to hear the end of Scarecrow's vows.

"...So what I'm trying to say is that I love you and I want to spend my days with you." I smile, pretending I heard what he said. That's just terrible! This man will be my husband and I can't even listen to his vows? What kind of wife am I?

"Now you, my dear," he said, becoming impatient.

"Is something bothering you?"

"No, I'm just trying to think of what to say."

(Scarecrow's Point of View)

I sensed a hesitation in her voice.

"Myca, I was a psychiatrist, I can tell when you're lying. What's wrong, sweet heart?" I place my hand gently on her cheek. She didn't reply, just shrugged.

"Are you having second thoughts? We can wait if you want to. I'm not forcing you to do anything."

"I'm not having second thoughts," Myca said as she took my hand.

"Scarecrow, I love you so much. I put Arkham and Eddy behind me. I forgave you for those things. I just can't live without you. I was miserable all the time we were apart. I think it's because we're truly meant to be. So I actually thank you for taking me to Arkham, as crazy as that sounds."

At that moment, the crows started screeching.

"I think they're telling us to get on with it," I said.

"Myca Vlasca, will you take me as your husband through sickness and in health, for as long as we both shall live?"

"I do. Jonathan crane, will you take me as your wife through sickness and in health, for as long as we both shall live?"

"I do."

"You may kiss the bride." Myca smiled as I leaned in and planted a kiss on her lips. The crows then began to swarm around us, but we didn't care. We just held each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed this chapter :) Sorry it took so long.