Status: For Sree :)

Beating Faster

one that i want, i found

"I'll make it up to you, I promise," he said firmly.

Sree found it difficult to see the honesty in those words. He wasn't one to break promises but, to be frank, he rarely gave those out. A promise was such a big burden to hold because if you didn't carry it out, consequences can be severe.

But even though she knew Kieran well enough to understand that he wasn't an all around giving person, she was still surprised that he hadn't shown up earlier. However shock was the last thing on her mind.

Anger.

The girl had been pacing manically back and forth right outside the building. Guests were streaming in, some walking out needing fresh air. They all raked over her appearance for a second but not one of them cared anymore than she did them.

Of course, Sree's best friend had gone out several times to ask her to come in. "Join the fun," she had said. She merely ignored the statement making Trishna a pissed off bride. Sree waved off all of her pleads hoping that it's finally get drilled into her head.

Trishna eventually gave up and insisted for her to borrow a jacket, considering the biting weather and that she was only clad in a small white dress. She accepted the extra layer of clothing but dismissed it, knowing that it wouldn't have done any good.

From all the walking she had done, if she was wearing the traditional footwear, she would've thrown the heels away just missing an innocent guest's head. But a pair of black converse adorned her little feet, giving her outfit an edgier touch.

Finally after more than an hour of waiting for Kieran to show up she sighed. Sree, who wasn't dressed for the cold rushing breeze, stepped inside the building. She had come to the conclusion the he either didn't care enough to fulfill his promise to his now ex-girlfriend or he forgot. Either way he was still a douche.

"Where were you last night?"

"I told you, I was visiting my family."


"Really? Then tell me why your own mother called asking me where you were."

"Are you saying I'd lie to you?"


Sree had never cried after an argument with anyone before but that fight hit her hard. It was as if she wasn't capable of controlling her own emotions anymore and it scared the living daylights out of her.

He had lied to her, allowing Sree to think of all different scenarious. Where he could've manipulated her into doing anything he pleased. She wasn't one to be fooled but being lied to by the man that said she loved her.

She thought about her childhood dreams. Prince charming. Nobody had ever made her feel so hopeless and that was why she punished herself that night, because she had shed tears.

That was how she felt right now. The water continued to build in her eyes until she could no longer hold the sobs in. She attempted to find her way through the crowd, tears blurring her vision.

She crashed into a figure, not much taller than she was. She rubbed at her already red eyes hoping that the stranger wouldn't ask too many questions. As her eyesight cleared up, she was met with a pair of ocean blue orbs.

Before Sree could come up with an apology, she heard something. "Sree? Oh my god, what's wrong babe?"

The crying girl didn't waste anytime as she reciprocated the embrace of her best friend. She gratefully buried her head into the crook of Trishna's shoulder, sobs eventually getting softer.

Once she had calmed down, she pulled away, wiping away last tears. "He set me up," she exclaimed, feeling herself fall into hysterics once more.

Trishna chewed on her bottom lip trying to say something. Being her closest friend, almost sisters, Sree noticed the reluctance and sniffed. "What is it?"

"He let you go," she began. "I talked to Keiran earlier. I told him off for lying then yelling at you. He was angry about me getting involved but I set his facts straight.

"I talked to him about how big of a prick he is. And how he wasn't treating you like you deserve to be. He even agreed that he wasn't exactly the best boyfriend.

"So I told him to make it better. And he said he'd let you go. He didn't break up with you, he set you free. He said he didn't want a relationship and if you wanted one then who was he to stop you?"

Sree pursed her lips, finding it difficult to hold in the next stream of tears threatening to build up if she continued with the story. Her lips trembled. She could feel her body starting to shake from all the motions welling up inside. It was like a whirlpool of undesired feelings getting trapped in the pits of her stomach.

"And he told me he knew that you wanted someone better. And he knew who was the best for you."

That sentence earned a confused frown. Sree didn't even care about what her best friend was rambling on about. "I'm sorry for messing up your wedding," she mumbled.

"You didn't hon." Trishna embraced her once more. "But do me a favour and dance with Zach for awhile?"

Sree followed her hands and found Mr Ocean Eyes smiling widely at her. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

His eyes twinkled with knowledge. "We were classmates, a long time ago. Trish and I are still friends, not so sure about Keiran anymore."

Zach placed soft hands on her waist and she hesitantly clasped her fingers together behind his neck. They danced slowly, little step after the other, often times eyes finding an infatuation for the floor but a couple of staring competitions were held.

The people around them became tired and one by one slowly merged off the dancefloor to sit at their assigned seats. Zach took this as an opportunity to lean down and whisper a quiet song for only the beautiful girl in front of him to hear.

Sree curiously listened in, enjoying the soft rasp in his voice, and also tried to pay attention to the lyrics. "I'm just a boy and you're Cinderella. Snow White in blue jeans I'm gonna tell ya."

She smiled at his chosen words finding it charming and cute. "I'll be the one that makes you adore me. We'll be the two, the two ends of story. One that I want, I found."

After the rest of the song, they simply looked at each other. "Trishna's told me how you've always wished for prince charming. What if I was him and Keiran was the castle walls?"

Her eyes widened at the quick metaphor, although silly sounding, extremely alluring all the same. "I'd-I'd like that Zach. Though I like things-"

"Slow? Sure. Just as long as you're the princess in Chuck Taylor's." Sree looked down at her attire and grinned. "He set me up with you."
♠ ♠ ♠
For Sree :)