City Lights

Who Am I?

Kuza's POV

"Jaycie? Are you ok? You look a little pale." Stryker said right as Jay started to fall over.

"****. Stryker, we gotta take her to their dressing room." I said, getting out of the car and going to the back, then picking her up.

"Oh god.." Stryker said, getting out of the car, too.

"Stryker, follow me ok? Don't stray either, I don't want you getting lost." I said, starting to carry Jay through a crowd of people and up to security. I showed them my pass and went to the guys dressing room and laid Jay down on the couch.

"Uh..Kuza?" I heard one of the guys say.

"Stryker, i need you to-" I said, starting to turn around, but saw no Stryker.

"Kuza???" one of them said again.

"****. Stryker!" I yelled, running back out into the crowd. "Stryker!!!" I yelled again, trying to fight my way through the crowd.

"Kuza..!" I heard very faintly.

"Oh my god, Stryker!!!" I yelled again, trying to find her.

Angelo's POV

"Uh..what just happened? And who is she?" Ryan asked, staring at some girl on our couch. I hadn't really seen her yet and was trying to finish my make up.

"Guys, if Kuza left her in here, she has a right to be in here. Don't make such a fuss over it." I said distractedly.

"Um..but Ang, she's not awake." Ricky said. I looked back at him.

"What?"

"She's not awake. She's passed out." Balz said. I got up and walked over to them, pushing them away from the girl.

"Guys, don't crowd or stare ok? One, it's not polite, and two, if she wakes up then she'll be confused and scared. So back up." I said, still not looking at her.

"Oh yea? Why don't you turn around and look at her then tell us if you want us to back away and stop staring." Ricky said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and turned around, looking down at her and froze. She. Was. Beautiful. She looked so peaceful, just laying there and curled up.

"Does someone like the sleeping girl?" Ricky teased. I didn't say anything and just kept looking at her. She was just so pretty.

"Yup. Ang has it bad." Ryan said and high-fived Ricky.

"Guys, shut up." Chris said, walking in.

"Well it's true! Ang likes a girl!" Balz sang, laughing.

"Seriously, shut up." Chris said, walking over to me then pulled me away from everyone, my eyes still on her. "Earth to Ang." he said.

"Hmm..?" I said, looking at him quickly as he blocked my view of the girl.

"You alright there? You seemed kinda..i don't know. But i've never seen you like that before. You alright?" he asked.

"Uh, yea. Yea, i'm... I'm good." I said.

"Yea, ok. Anyway, I talked to Kuza after I found him and he said that apparently she's related to one of us and it was supposed to be a surprise then she fainted. So, our show goes on in like five minutes then she should be up by that time so we'll try and figure out what's going on once we are all back here."

"Yea. Yea, ok. Sounds good." I said, kinda distractedly.

"You sure you're ok to play?" he asked. I nodded.

"I'm fine." I said. He nodded and we all finished getting ready then went onstage and played. I still don't know her name...

Jaycie's POV

I sat up as soon as my eyes opened and looked around. It looked like i was in some sort of dressing room or something. I heard a band playing and couldn't make it out so being the smart person I am, I went out of the room and headed to the stage to see who it was. Maybe then I could figure out who's dressing room this was and why I was in it.

As i got near the stage, I could finally make out who it was. It was Motionless In White. I kinda spazzed a little and knocked something over, making a loud noise. I picked it up quickly and when i looked up, I saw none other than Angelo Parente staring at me while playing. I smiled nervously and kinda waved, making him chuckle then look back at the crowd.

As soon as their set was finished, I ran back to the dressing room before they got off stage and sat down, acting like I had just woken up.

"Bro, I wonder if that hot chick woke up." I heard one of the guys say as they walked in the room with everyone else. I could just feel my cheeks heating up.

"Yup, she's up. And she heard that, Ricky." I heard another one say, laughing. I looked up at em all and they were all smiling.

"Hi. Are you feeling alright now?" Chris said as he walked over and kneeled down next to me. I nodded slowly, trying to get over the fact that MIW was talking to me and me alone.

"What's your name?" I heard Angelo say and looked up to see him standing in the very back of everyone.

"Ja...Jay..." I tried to say, still kind of in shock.

"Were you trying to say Jay? Or is your name longer than that?" Chris asked.

"Longer.." I mumbled out.

"Well, we are just gonna have to call you Jay for now till you can talk. Now, do you know why your here,
Jay?" he asked. I shook my head as we heard the door open.

"You're here because one of your brother is in this band. A brother you didn't know about because your parents split up when you guys were born and your mother took her maiden name when she took you, Jayceson." Kuza said, carrying in Stryker and setting her down.

"You mean, you weren't playing a joke on us when you said that? One of us is actually related to her?" Ryan asked.

"Yea, she's one of you guys' long lost sister. Twins actually. Can anyone guess who's it?" Kuza said, smiling. Everyone looked at me then and at each other, trying to figure it out.

"I don't know, she kinda looks like all of us. Except Angelo." Balz said. I saw Stryker staring at him from the back.

"Give up?" Kuza asked. There was no reply, just more stares at me and each other.

"We give up." Chris said finally. I looked at Kuza.

"Alright, would you like me to tell then?" he asked, a little smirk playing on his lips.

"Well, we just gave up... So ya." Balz said.

"Alright. It's Ghost." he said and everyone looked at Ghost who was just surprised and looked back at all of them.

"Wha- I didn't know!" he said quickly and held his hands up.

"Ghost...? Devin..???" I asked, looking at him.

"Yea.." he said, a little unsure.

"They weren't just ghost stories.. She meant Ghost as a nickname, for you." I looked down quickly, trying to process all this.

"Wait, Kuza how did you know all that?" Chris asked.

"I knew her mother and father. They asked me to tell them and get them back together once one of them had lost their home due to a death of one of them."

"Well, my dad didn't die so that means that-"

"Mom died..when I was eight..." I said shakily, still looking down.

"What...?" Ghost asked in shock and horror.

"She left me here in this thing everyone calls a world when i was eight.. I had been living on the streets like a rat when Stryker found me.. She took me in, called me family, gave me a home...and i still feel like a good for nothing street rat, after all these years.. Stryker hadn't found me till i was about thirteen or fourteen...by then, all i knew was dead to me. I had no body to call family, nothing to call a home.. ****, by then, I'd forgotten my own birthday and name.. I don't know how old i actually am, i just guessed.. I call the day Stryker found me my birthday. Not soon after, I got a name. She said her cousin told her that it was my name so it became my name. I'm not sure what my mom named me, I still don't know a lot.. Considering Kuza knew my family, I'd assume he would know my actual name, birthday, age, zodiac sign.. I still don't know any of it.." I said, getting choked off by a cry here and there. I could feel all of their eyes on me.

"You're right, I do know all of that. Your birth name is Jaycie, not Jayceson. Your full name was Jaycie Rayne Sola when you were born and when your mother took you, it became Jaycie Rayne Martin. You say your birthday is now the day of Halloween, when Stryker found you. Your real birthday is the same as Ghost's, May seventh. You're a Taurus like Ghost, too." he said. That's when I just broke. I started crying. I got up and ran out, not knowing where I was going, who'd I'd run into, or what I'd find. I just knew i needed to get out of there and leave them. I didn't belong with them. I'm a street rat and I'll always be one.