Fur Immer Heilig Sein

The End of an Era

Bill’s POV

I saw Tom step out behind the stairs he motioned sorry behind Janet’s back at us but we just shook our heads at him.

‘I didn’t know they didn’t know!’ He muttered looking guilty as ever. ‘Sorry, I mean on. I would have thought you’d tell your parents?!’

‘Just, keep diggin’ there Tom. I may actually need a spade if you carry on.’ As if it wasn’t bad enough!

‘What is going on? Why haven’t you been in touch?! Or, or… I don’t know!’ Emily mum was panicking. She shut the door behind us and we all went to go sit in the huge lounge. ‘Does anyone want a drink? I need a drink…’ We all asked for coffee to keep us warm. It’s a big house so it gets cold easily.

‘So, you’ve been away since your birthday what have you been doing?! Getting knocked up in see… anything else?’ My dad said. He was being sarcastic ly serious which I didn’t like.

‘Well I told you I’m engaged at my birthday so nothing really.’

‘You’re engaged?!’ Do her parents ever listen? They have an 18-year-old pregnant, engaged daughter that they apparently don’t listen to.

‘I told you at my birthday but you weren’t listening and you were probably too drunk to remember. Didn’t any of you wonder why I wasn’t drinking at my 18th? It’s like, legendary to get bladdered at your 18th. You know, come of age. It’s actually legal to drink… Ok, let me give you a catch up talk then. I’m pregnant, I’m engaged. That’s all you really need to know.’ Emily finished by sitting back and taking her coffee from her mum who came and sat in with us.

‘So, when’s the wedding? Where is it, what’s…’

‘Mum calm please. It’ll be at least 2 months after these things come out. That’s what we said wasn’t it?’ She looked to me for reassurance which I gave with a nod.

‘But the wedding will be in Germany. We will pay for your stay in the hotel and everything…’

‘Woo. Woo… rewind. “these things?” plural…?’ Tom said leaning forward in his seat.

‘Oh yeah, I went for my ultrasound today, I’m 15 weeks gone and, I’m having twins. I have the thing here…’ Emily leaned across with her bump and handed her mum the brown envelope. She took it out and looked at it. Her face softened and she smiled at it. Well come on, showing off a picture of your unborn children is a definite ticket to freedom. ‘Cute aren’t they?’

‘So do you know the sex or…?’

‘No, we want it to be a surprise. So how’ve you guys been? Well I presume since you’ve moved here.’ Emily said. This must be that all important catch up session.

‘Bill, can I have a word please?’ It was Tom signalling to go outside with him.

‘Sure, excuse me.’ I got up and we left to go in the kitchen at the back of the house. ’What is it?’

‘Who’s are they? The twins I mean.’

‘Oh mine.’

‘You’re gonna a proper happy little family then I guess. It’s gonna be weird huh. Everyone will be saying “where are the twins?!” we’ll both turn round and they’ll just say “not you… the other ones.” You must have done her pretty good to get two of them.’ He’s back to his old self again then.

‘Yeah it’ll be weird. But hey, I’ve found her Tom. I’ve found her.’

‘I guess you’re happy now.’

‘Happier than I’ve ever been. Listen, me and Emily have been talking about baby names. And, we’d really like to call one of them Tom if it’s a boy. Emily loves the name and we think you went through a lot as well for us to get here.’

‘Wow I, thanks Bill. I know I really don’t show it very well. But I do love you.’

‘Love you too.’ We stood there in the wall way hugging for a while until Emily came out and she joined in with us. Her parents came out and stood there looking at us.

‘Emily, I love you. Du bist zu mich für immer Heilig sein.’
♠ ♠ ♠
you can probably guess by the sloppiness at the end of this chapter and by the title that isn't crazy that this was the last chapter of this story...

[cries heart and eyes out]

but this is where the magical sequal comes in... Dann Sind Wir Endlich Frei

i know you've all really enjoyed reading this story.. and i hope to see you commenting on the next part to the bands life in this new story.