Status: My own twist (and characters) on all the Wonderland stories out there :) I hope you enjoy! <3

A Curious, Mad Dream

Surely This Is All In My Head...Right?

You know how when you are little, you always beg your parents to tell you a story before you go to bed because you refuse to fall asleep just yet? Most of the time those stories consist of something from your parent’s past or maybe even a story passed down from their parents. My mother told me my father had passed away of an illness shortly after I war born so I only had my mother to rely on for bedtime stories. However her stories did not consist of the romantic adventures of how she met my father nor were they your common Mother Goose type stories. No, you see, my mother told stories of her adventures in a place called Wonderland…

I’m sure you can guess as to what my mother's name is by now: Alice. Only when I was littler, I never took much stock in my mother’s stories. I thought that was exactly what they were: fairy tales. Narratives that were told to help me sleep peacefully at night. As I grew older, memories of those stories of Wonderland faded and I slowly distanced myself from the other children. Except there was one boy who soon became my best friend and his name was Henry. He knew me better than I felt I knew myself at times.

It was Henry, not my mother, that I confided in when it came to my dreams of a brightly colored land where nothing seemed to make much sense. A place that was at war with one another, but not for power of the land. No. They were at war to gain the love of a girl. A foreigner. An outsider, they called her. It was a place that seemed familiar to me…yet I didn’t know why. Henry kept assuring me it was all just a dream and that there was no place on Earth like that. Being a more realistic person than my mother…I soon pushed aside my thoughts of this land and kept myself grounded in the present.

However, on my twentieth birthday, I did not expect to be kidnapped by a strange man in a vest with rabbit ears. I did not expect to find myself in the very land that had only existed in my dreams up until then. Reality had left me very far behind in this land of wonders.

My name is Acelin Madeline Hart.

This is my story of Wonderland.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave a comment <3

Image

Acelin "Ace" Heart:

Image