Status: newbie.

Every Word Sounds Absurd

wear the ties

I changed into my uniform after what was about an hour of just lying on my bed and breathing. I had to wear stockings, which I didn't mind much as I always wore them with a dress or skirt, anyway, underneath my very conservative skirt. I liked it, however, as I had always dressed in that manner and unlike all of the other girls my age. They would show quite literally everything, while I was fine showing nothing but my hair, face and neck.

I slipped into my white button up, adding a light blue tie with small embroiderments of the school crest on it in navy around my neck. I stepped into my black loafers, braiding my long hair to fall against my back before sliding on my uniform blazer and sighing. I looked in the mirror on my side of the door, a sad look growing in my eyes. I looked like such a frump. I chose to dress like one anyway, sure, but I looked even more awkward in this damn uniform.

I shrugged my thoughts off in hopes of blocking them out while I looked at my transcript: First Hour: Trigonometry, Second Hour: European Literature, Third Hour: Physics, Lunch, Fourth Hour: Citizenship, Fifth Hour: French 4, Sixth Hour: Law, Seventh Hour: Astronomy.

This insinuated a large amount of homework, which I didn't mind much being as nerdy as I am. I sighed to myself at how pathetic my thoughts sounded, grabbing my messenger bag and text books my parents had bought for me and stepped out into the hall, somewhat surprised to see it full of girls, as it had been empty when I arrived.

It was as if the whole world stopped, as the chattering ceased and all of the other girls turned their head to face me. They all had their plaid skirts folded and hiked up far past their knee, most of them without stockings, their lacy and revealing knickers showing. Their blazers were nowhere to be found, their button-ups revealing bras that matched their panties. They all sneered at me, a few smirking and whispering to one another, most likely discussing my awkwardness.

I felt an uncontrollable blush creep onto my cheeks as I rushed out of the corridors, tripping over my feet the entire way. I let out a sigh of relief as I walked into the main hall across from the girls' boardings and saw a mix of both boys and girls who barely seemed to notice me.

I was thankful for this.

My shoes seemed to interest me greatly whenever I walked, causing me to not pay any attention to where I was going. This proved true as I walked right into the chest of a young man who seemed to tower over me by about 2 or 3 inches. I stumbled backward, nearly dropping my books before looking up at him, my eyes being absorbed into smoldering, emerald ones. His lips were upturned in a devilish smirk, his hand out and catching my books far before they ever would have hit the ground. "Going somewhere, love?" he asked in a cocky, thick and slow British accent. His hair was a mix of both light and dark brown and in large finger curls that perfectly framed his handsome face. My cheeks turned into a dark crimson color, a round of chuckles coming from a group of boys that I assumed were his friends. I gave them a glance, quickly memorizing all of their faces.

One stood out to me; he had bright, bleached-blonde hair, his eyes being a sparkling blue and his skin very light with rosey cheeks; his cute, boyish look was the cutest I'd ever seen.

"Babe," the boy I ran into said, a smirk still playing on his bright pink lips. "you going somewhere special? Maybe I could show you around.." My eyes widened slightly behind my large glasses, my blush only deepening as I attempted to step around him. "Let her go, Harry." a thick, Irish accent called. I looked up to see the blonde boy with an angry look across his features, shooting a glare at this 'Harry' person.

I felt my heart pound rapidly in my chest, my legs moving me swiftly around the young man faster than he could speak. He had been rolling his eyes at the blonde before turning back to me. "Let me have m- huh?" Before he could even get his whole sentence out, I was already half way to my new Trig class.

He was cocky and rude, obviously a player who had probably already slept his way through the female population of the school. These were the thoughts clouding my mind for almost the entire class period, not one person beside the teacher noticing my presence. He was already proving to be everything I detested in a man; but if that was really true, then why couldn't I stop thinking of him, no matter how hard I tried?
♠ ♠ ♠
comment & subscribe.
- A