Status: newbie.

Every Word Sounds Absurd

my stardust melody

I received a pass to my next class from a grinning Mr. Lawson. "I'm happy to see you enjoy the subject, Anastasia. I'm sure your test will have nothing less than a perfect score. Au revoir!" He waved to me as I exited the class room, a slight blush present on my cheeks as I clutched my French book and the note from Niall close to my chest.

I scurried down the empty halls to Mr. Worthington's room for Law. I stumbled in, tripping over my own feet past the door, earning a chuckle from the whole room. A deep blush found its way onto my cheeks as I handed my note to the teacher. "Late on the first day, Miss. Cosmos? Not a very good way to start your year." he scolded, throwing my pass onto his desk. He looked to be only a few year older than I, his dark brown hair and light blue eyes blending in with the majority of students here. "If you would please have a seat next to Mr. Styles." he continued, motioning to a seat in the far back. I gave him a slight nod, my blush my faltering at all. I looked over to my seat as I walked down the row of seat, only for my breath to become hitched in my throat; Harry.

I swallowed loudly as I pulled out my chair and sat down, avoiding all eye contact with this Harry boy. "Cosmos, eh? Do you have a first name, gorgeous?" he said in a low, purr-like voice. I felt my palms begin to sweat, the smirk ever so evident in his voice. His right hand soon found it's way to my thigh, gently stroking it in circles with his thumb.

The nervousness I felt when in his presence was overwhelming. I had never, in my 17 years of life, been made to feel this way before. He made me even more awkward than usual, he made my heart skip a beat, and he did all these things after only a few hours of being around him.

I was snapped back into reality as I felt my skirt begin to ride up, my hand instinctively smacking his away harshly. "Keep your hands to yourself, Mr. Styles.." I said in a hushed voice, almost like a whisper. A look of shock shot across his features for a moment, but was soon replaced with his usual, cocky smirk. "Playing hard to get, are we?" he murmured, inching closer to my ear. His voice was very slowly as he thoroughly pronounced every word, as if he were partially slow, though I knew he couldn't be. "Well that's just smashing." he whispered lowly in my ear, causing the hair on the back of my neck to stand on end. "I quite fancy a good chase."

He pulled away, a cheeky smirk still plastered on his face as he crossed his arms and pretended to listening to Mr. Worthington's lecture on slander in the workforce.

I stayed frozen in my stance, my eyes still wide behind my thick lenses- I suppose you could say I was... Gobsmacked.

Image


I practically ran to my Astronomy class just as the bell sounded for our release in Law, not looking back when Harry called out for me as 'Cosmos'. I was the first to enter in Mr. Holloway's room, seeing a somewhat elderly man hunched an old wooden desk. "Mr. Holloway?" I said in a small voice. He quickly turned around, his old, blue eyes crinkling at the sides in a smile. "Miss. Cosmos, yes? Lovely name, my dear! It's means the universe, ye know. It's Greek, is it not?" I smiled shyly at his friendly nature, nodding as he signed my schedule, taking it to return to the front office at the end of the period. "Take a seat anywhere you'd like, Anastasia. It's a small class, but I'm sure it'll fit just to your liking."

My smile widened as I moved between the desks, taking a seat at one of the three back tables. I heard a few more people shuffle in, most of them being male and taking seats in the front. I heard the seat beside me being pulled out, a friendly smile meeting my shy gaze. ""Lo, love. I'm Liam, Liam Payne." The boy's warm, chocolate eyes bore into mine with such sincerity and kindness- I felt my heart swell and my lips turn upward in a smile. A real smile. "I'm Anastasia." I said, my voice still soft.

"Anastasia's a wonderful name." he grinned just as the bell rang. We engaged in small talk as Mr. Holloway explained the orbit of the sun and the planets, reassuring all of my prior knowledge. The class shared a few laughs from jokes Holloway would tell us, a large grin always appearing on Liam's face whenever I let out a giggle.

Class ended, and Liam offered to walk me back to my dorm after I politely declined his offer to sit with him and his 'mates' for dinner, explaining that I had further unpacking to do. I told him of my encounter with Niall, and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. "So you're the lass Niall wouldn't belt up about during sixth! And Harry Was a bothersome to you this morning too, yeah?" I blushed slightly, nodded in response. They had talked about me?

"Well then!" he exclaimed, yet another grin finding it's way to his plump, pink lips. "I s'pose you'll joining us for breakfast and lunch tomorrow?" I smiled shyly, nodding once again. "It's been a pleasure, Anastasia." he smiled, pulling me into a gentle hug.

I froze for a second, unsure of what to do. I was rarely given hugs by anyone othe than Father, let alone had I given any myself. I came to my senses quickly enough to return the hug hesitantly and gently before fully pulling away. "Have an ace night, love!" he called, walking off into the courtyard. I unlocked my door and entered my room, shutting the door once again behind me. I sat on my bed, looking into the mirror on the back of the door to find a grin plastered on my face.

People wanted to be my friend here. They didn't all shun me and push me away. They liked me. They like me.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment & subscribe.
- A