Status: newbie.

Every Word Sounds Absurd

for the first time

I awoke the next morning, a smile forming on my lips as I thought of seeing Niall and Liam again. 

I slipped into my closet, grabbing a uniform and padding my way out to the girls' showers, inspecting them before proving I was alone. I stripped off my warm pajamas and started the water. Pulling the curtain close, I let the nearly scalding hot water cascade over me, a soft 'hmm' escaping my lips in delight. 

I was in and out quickly, slipping on my uniform and returning back to my room to blow dry my hair. As I approached my door, I saw a note with familiar, barely legible handwriting tapped over the keyhole. I took it off, opening it slowly, a small smile playing on my lips. 

Anastasia-
I'm not sure if you got my note yesterday or not, but here's another. 
Liam told me which room was your's, so I snuck in to see you, but you weren't there, probably bathing or something. 
Anyhow, I wanted to tell you to meet us at the last table in the front of the canteen. I hope you'll still come. 
Can't wait to see you, beautiful :)
-Niall


I felt my heart race and a blush creep onto my cheeks; I'd only known Niall for about a day and he was already making me feel amazing. 

I went back into room, quickly blow drying my hair and brushing it out, letting it fall into it's natural, slightly wavey style. I never seemed to bother with make up, as I owned very little, so I decided to continue to go without it. I grabbed my messenger bag eagerly, leaving my room once again and practically running to the canteen. 

It was already full of people, many table already completely taken up. I looked around slowly, feeling lost and awkward when I heard my name being called. "Anastasia! Over here!" I turned my head to see Niall grinning and waving for me to go over to him, another blush gracing my cheeks. I padded over to him quickly, earning strange looks from everyone I passed. 

"Good morning, beautiful." Niall greeted, kissing my cheek gently and pulling my chair out for me. "Hi..." I murmured softly, my blush deepening as I took a seat. "'Lo, love!" Liam said, a wide grin across his lips. "Nice of you to join us, love. Niall's been talking about it since last night. Wouldn't belt up 'bout ya!" 

I looked to Niall to his cheeks turning a light shade of pink as smile sheeply at me. "It's okay, Niall.." I said, just loud enough for him to hear me. "I was excited for this, too..." My gaze shifted down to my black penny loafers, my hands sitting awkwardly in my lap. 

"Why, hello, Cosmos. Looking gorgeous again." My head immediately snapped up, my gaze meeting the one of a smirking Harry Styles. He sat himself in the seat next to mine, pulling the chair closer to me, our arms almost touching. 

I quickly shied away, my gaze moving to Niall's piled-high plate. I soft giggle escaped my lips as I watched him devour it, his eyes meeting mine as soon as I laughed. He grinned widely, swallowing his food before speaking. "Was that a giggle? God, that was cute.." His cheeks soon returned to a pink color as mine turned to a crimson. 

"It was cute, love." I heard Harry's slow voice say. I felt his lips against my hair, but not quite near my ear. "Sexy, even. You should giggle some more. You could help me get my rocks off." My eyes widened immediately, nearly bugging out of my head. "Leave her alone, Harry." Niall's voice was now much deeper and stern, a firm glare being sent at Harry. "Yeah, mate." Liam agreed, a frown across his features. "She's a sweet, innocent bird. She doesn't need to be fucked up by you." 

"Agreed." said a raspy, somewhat high male voice. I looked up to see a young man with feathery, light brown hair and greenish blue eyes sending me a sympathetic smile. He held his hand out for me, introducing himself. "Louis Tomlinson, love. And don't mind Harry, he's just hormonal." Another giggle passed my lips as I took his hand and shook it gently. "Anastasia, but you can call me Annie." 

"So you do have a first name. And a beautiful one. It'd sound good as a moan." Harry butted in, a smirk playing on his lips. At this point, I was surely losing my temper. "You're disgusting." I murmured, a frown on my lips. "Y..you're so vulgar and rude... How can any girl here be interested in you?" 

I had said it only loud enough for him to hear, a shocked look finding its way onto his face. "I heard them talking about you. How many girls have you slept with? All of them? Well, I refuse to be included in that count. You have no respect for women. You should be ashamed of yourself." 

I stood up from my chair, pushing it in before smiling at the other boys. "Thank you for breakfast, guys. I'll see you all later, okay?" I left with a slight nod from Liam and Louis, not even waiting for Niall's response. 

I was halfway down the hall from the canteen when I heard Niall calling after me. "Anastasia! Annie! Wait!" I sighed and turned around, a sad and aggravated look on my face. "What is it, Niall?" I asked softly, peering out the windows at the pouring rain. 

He finally caught up with me, stopping in front of me to catch his breath. "Don't go.." he breathed, a sad look in his eyes. "I know Harry's a total wanker, but.. I'll be there..." He gave me a small hopeful smile, and I felt my heart break in my chest. 

"Niall.." I started, still not looking him in the eye. "I..I've never had any friends before, Niall..." My voice came out soft and raspy, almost a whisper as I felt the tears form in the corners of my eyes. "I've only ever been made fun of and ignored.. You're the first person in my life that's ever taken interest in me besides my father.. And we get along and you make me smile.. But there's H..Harry..." my voice choked slightly on his name. "and he's so... Asinine... And just like everyone else.. But you're so sweet and want to be my friend and I just.. I don't belong anywhere."

By this time, the tears had now spilled over onto my cheeks and Niall had his arms wrapped firmly around me. He kissed the top of my head gently, rubbing my back soothingly as I let out a sob that was muffled by his blazer. I clung to him, my awkwardness only disappearing as I wallowed in sadness. I clung to him, his firm yet gentle grip around my body making me feel safer than I ever had in my whole life. 

"I honestly find all of that hard to believe, but I believe you anyway.." he murmured in my ear, gently tucking my hair behind it. "You do belong though, Anastasia.. You belong with Liam, Louis and I... And I know that we've only known each other for not even a day but.. I care about ya... And I won't let them hurt you..." 

His last sentence came out in a whisper as he pulled back to look me in the eyes, reassuring me. "And I may not be the toughest lad around, or the strongest or the best looking but... I'm here.. And I will always be here whenever you need me to be, and even when you don't."

In a short time of not even twenty-four hours, I'd already made a loyal friend- the one thing that back home, over a course of over eleven years, I couldn't do- and found yet another bully. 
♠ ♠ ♠
comment & subscribe.
- A